TANIELA TUIAKI- Injury may force him to forwards?

NEDKELLY

TANIELA TUIAKI- Injury may force him to forwards?

Post by NEDKELLY » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 2:10 pm

Is it possible that the tragic season ending injury to TNT's ankle/leg may force him into the forwards in 2010?
From last reports I read, there were concerns from medical staff that his injury was major and that even after successful surgery it may not be enough to allow him to physically return to where he was this year.

If anyone has heard any recent reports on his operation and whether the Tigers are confident that the off season will allow him to heal and be back to his awesome barnstorming best on the wing then it would be appreciated.

If the damage was severe then maybe he will never regain the pace suitable for the wing position and he may need to further bulk up and return to the forwards, where the Tigers appear to be a bit thin in this area.

We seem to have enough wingers on our books in Ryan, Tupou, Daniella, Brown etc so Tuiaki's injury could see him steaming onto some Gareth Ellis offloads in 2010 but more up the middle than out wide? :idea: :idea:

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 4:43 pm

The next Ruben Wiki maybe? ;)
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

wicked_j

Post by wicked_j » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 5:51 pm

that's what i was thinking when I heard he may never be able to run as fast again. I don't think he'd be able to barge over people as easier if he was slower, but he'd still be able to do the work up the middle - although would it limit his leg drive as he may not be able to push as hard of one leg ?

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 8:17 pm

We won't know the full extent for a few months yet. I think Taniela will have to wait until after Christmas before he can start running again.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 21 Sep, 2009 9:18 am

I read that report that he may not be able to regain his pace and I must admit I thought it was garbage. How could something like that possibly be determined 2 weeks or so after the injury?

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 1:08 pm

its a possbility that it may happen but thats basing the whole argument off a small percentage...

Troy

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:27 am

the guy is not sprinting in the 100m finals.
IF his pace is affected, it will only be by a tiny bit, but i am sure it will not. how many times u hear of players who may never walk straight again after a serious leg break n they end up sprinting.
if we move him off the wing we will nullify his impact and he will be a waste. wing is his position and that is where he should stay.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 5:10 pm

regardless if he will lose some pace (though i doubt it will be a great percentage) he is still a great defensive winger and devastating even when not completely wound up

bob56

Post by bob56 » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 9:43 pm

If he could tackle properly he would be in the forwards already