Who will make the big time???

Mystery

Re: Who will make the big time???

Post by Mystery » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 12:55 am

mystery wrote:Matt Hyland will never play first grade, in my opinion he shouldnt have got a start in the 20's
matty 119 wrote:You've got to check your head mate....this guy made 1000 tackles in the NYC this year (not bad considering NYC is known for shocking defence), and consistiently provided good go-foward. He is the reliable player that every team needs, not overly destructive, but a tough young kid, and one of the hardest workers in the club. He will never let you down, and will make up double for any mistake he makes. If anyone in this side has the ability and will to play first grade, it is this kid.
In my opinion we had better options, he provides absolutely no impact and making 1000 tackles doesnt count wen ur third man in for 900 of them... Ill give him one thing he has a great motor but believe the other Fifita shouldve got a better run in the back row n schirnak to lock or use someone like Webster from prems who would do as many tackles as him but actually sting the opposition.. U guys r talkin him up based on hype thats all it is..

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 8:45 am

Mystery

Im not really talking him up; but im not putting the boot in aso. Potentially he could make it for sure in 1st grade.
It might take a few years but most clubs have good workers/toilers in their pack.

mikey

Post by mikey » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 9:05 am

I would like to see Mullaney at 1, Marshall at 6 and Moltzen at 7 for a trial game at least. Mullaney really reminded me of Hodgo the way he bobbed up when the breaks were made. He is also a good kicker from what I've seen and so either take over from Marshall or be a great back up.

matty119

Post by matty119 » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 3:39 pm

Mystery wrote:
mystery wrote:Matt Hyland will never play first grade, in my opinion he shouldnt have got a start in the 20's
matty 119 wrote:You've got to check your head mate....this guy made 1000 tackles in the NYC this year (not bad considering NYC is known for shocking defence), and consistiently provided good go-foward. He is the reliable player that every team needs, not overly destructive, but a tough young kid, and one of the hardest workers in the club. He will never let you down, and will make up double for any mistake he makes. If anyone in this side has the ability and will to play first grade, it is this kid.
In my opinion we had better options, he provides absolutely no impact and making 1000 tackles doesnt count wen ur third man in for 900 of them... Ill give him one thing he has a great motor but believe the other Fifita shouldve got a better run in the back row n schirnak to lock or use someone like Webster from prems who would do as many tackles as him but actually sting the opposition.. U guys r talkin him up based on hype thats all it is..
As much as you are entitled to your opinion, it is clearly illinformed and far from that of the coaching staff and the majority of fans. I think you'll actually find that he was also one the the NYC's top one-on-one tacklers, and regularly had 100+ metres in go-foward. The kid has talent, work ethic and a good head on his shoulders, so I think it is only a matter of time at this rate before he plays FG.

And with Mullaney, I think he would get a bit out of another year in 20s, but training with FG, mich like Lui did this year, which would mean that he can form combinations with Marshall, Farah, Moltzen, Taumata etc, as I believe this was a major factor in his success this year, that he knew what Nichols, Lui, Corby etc were doing and where he was going to get the ball in space. This way he could step much easier into FG next year if needed, but permanently from 2011 onwards

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 5:04 pm

Mystery wrote:
I'm talking based on the games I saw him play. He's not a stats builder, just a very good defender with an amazing workload. Dave Fafita is okay but he has some progress to make before he is up to NRL standard.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 1:15 am

The forwards from the U20's should have trouble getting much of a go in first grade next year, based on the assumption we are going to grab Cayless or Lima. I would probably prefer someone from BRET or the Magpies on the bench next year - ie Mataka.