Who will make the big time???

alien

Re: Who will make the big time???

Post by alien » Sat 03 Oct, 2009 6:07 pm

I like the look of Mullaney but they shouldn't rush him into firstgrade. He should start next season in Toyota Cup/NSW Cup.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 4:41 pm

Mullaney, Jackson, Roqica, A Fifita, Woods, Dwyer, Schirnack are definite first graders in my eyes. Some club will sign them on as reg first graders sooner or later.

Robert Lui needs work if he's to make it as a playmaker. One could work on his d and convert him into a dangerous ball playing lock ala Mateo though imo.

Florimo, Corby, Savao, Hyland and D Fifita aren't without their chances but will need improvement and/or luck on their side.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 4:53 pm

I think

Fifita, Woods, J.Schirnack, Lui , Dwyer and Mullaney have possible careers in the NRl in my opnion, not sure whether thats next year or ever but I think thats it. The others, theres some good footy players there but not any NRL players in my opinion.

I think as far as next year, Lui will be given a good crack, while Dwyer, Schirnack and Woods will get some gametime in 1st grade, how well they do i dont no. I think Fifita has alot to work on, fitness and discipline wise before Sheens will look seriosuly at him.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 9:46 pm

can anyone see a bit of lincon withers in chris corby ??

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 9:51 pm

Not sure but i could see a fair bit of simon woolford in the storm hooker & a fair bit of john fifita in andrew fifita

and ALOT of greg florimo in jay florimo! :)

Rorko

Post by Rorko » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 10:37 pm

i thought there was a billy slater clone out there for the storm today that kid has talent is goign to be a 1st grade Fullback in a year or 2... Geez theres some good fullbacks coming through from the 20s

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 11:36 am

Mataka, Dwyer and A.Fifita for now.

Post by 851 » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 12:21 pm

Lui is no where near NRL standard now,Dwyer is and Mullaney could be,I didn't see anyone in the BRET team who is NRL standard either,no wonder we are recruiting a lot of players.
Go hard or go home

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 12:27 pm

I think Savou has more talent than Ryan, Brown and Daniella. Hopefully in the next season or 2 we'll see it.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 4:18 pm

Savou was very impressive in Grand Final.

Dwyer looks like the kind of plater Sheens likes.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 7:34 pm

Dwyer (great build for a wide running 2nd rower)
Andrew Fafita (low centre of gravity, seems awkward to tackle, good attitude)
Aaron Woods (makes good yardage with beard or without)
Jake Mullaney (good all round player, good goalkicker)
Matt Hyland (tackling machine)
Robert Lui (astute kicking game, good organiser)

Plenty of other guys especially in the backs who may or may not go on with it. Guys like Joel Jackson and Junior Roqica (never been able to get his name right). Plus from the state cup you've got people like Gower and a few of the magpies backline.

In short I really think we have a lot of talent coming through.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 06 Oct, 2009 11:35 am

Lui's defence os better than 90% of other halves his age! Especially his front on defence.

And think if Mullaney, Fifita, Dwyer, Woods, Schirnack were playing for a team like the Dragons, Parra, Dogs, Broncos (etc) most of them would be straight into the NRL team from round 1 - mostly on the bench but maybe one or two starting.. The storm will probably promote a few of their players to the top 17 for next season too.

Why must the Tigers always take a slowly, slowly approach? Playing a few games off the bench each year for a couple of years? These players are legitimately good enough to make the step up (unlike previous juniours we've had) and our senior team isn't exactly overflowing with talent so these guys should be given a solid shot in the trials and whoever does ok starts the season!

If they're good enough, they play.

Tiger_Al

Post by Tiger_Al » Tue 06 Oct, 2009 11:53 am

I think Mullany is good enough therefore old enough to be given a crack... I don't think he'd let anyone down...

Also i'd like to see both the Fafita boys get given a crack, I think Andrew has to tighten up on his technical side as its brilliant in NYC but it is tougher in NRL by a long shot, which is why I think David might be more ready for NRL level not as flashy but does the hard yards...

Woods will get there but I think needs another year leading the NYC pack...

Dwyer yep he'll be close to the NRL team...

Jason Shirnack & Al Shirnack... had to group them together because were asking why we'd signed them both to NRL contracts... Is there anybody still questioning them after the strong perfomances in the respective gf's...

A smokey I like also is Darren Nicholls great leadership coupled with a good passing & kicking game, he is a very complete little player who has an uncomplicated game & steers his forwards really well & is a definate No. 7...

Mystery

Post by Mystery » Tue 06 Oct, 2009 12:03 pm

anderson silva wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:Dwyer and Lui are the two obvious stars.

Shirnack will probably figure at some stage in firsts next year as will A.Fifita

Woods and Mullaney are more long term prospects.

Matt Hyland will never play first grade for anyone.

hyland will play FG he looks like a michael luck/dallas johnson type player
Matt Hyland will never play first grade, in my opinion he shouldnt have got a start in the 20's

matty119

Post by matty119 » Tue 06 Oct, 2009 12:32 pm

Mystery wrote:
anderson silva wrote:

Shirnack will probably figure at some stage in firsts next year as will A.Fifita

Matt Hyland will never play first grade, in my opinion he shouldnt have got a start in the 20's
You've got to check your head mate....this guy made 1000 tackles in the NYC this year (not bad considering NYC is known for shocking defence), and consistiently provided good go-foward. He is the reliable player that every team needs, not overly destructive, but a tough young kid, and one of the hardest workers in the club. He will never let you down, and will make up double for any mistake he makes. If anyone in this side has the ability and will to play first grade, it is this kid.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 3:33 pm

Mystery wrote:
anderson silva wrote:

A contender for dumbest post of the year. Seriously, you're entitled to your opinion but if you watched the games and checked the stats you'd know the guy has an amazing work rate for an NYC player. Given everyone else in the comp misses tackles like it's going out of style, to make around 40 tackles a game is phenomenal.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:55 pm

Lui is great one minute , walkabout the next.. Cant see him in first grade long term..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 6:03 pm

That post about Hyland has to be a gee up doesnt it? Surely trying to get a bite!