Eels 2010 Favourites with Bookies....Tigers equal 6th favs

NZTiger

Eels 2010 Favourites with Bookies....Tigers equal 6th favs

Post by NZTiger » Tue 06 Oct, 2009 8:34 am

IT MIGHT not heal all the broken hearts but Eels fans were given reason to smile yesterday when bookies installed Parramatta $5.50 favourites to win the 2010 NRL premiership.

Twelve months sounds like a long time after the Eels' crushing seven-point loss to the Storm in Sunday's Grand Final but TAB Sportsbet reckons the Eels will have their revenge next year when they are joined by key recruits Justin Poore, Shane Shackleton and Timana Tahu.

"They are only going to be better for the loss," TAB Sportsbet spokesman Glenn Munsie.

"There's an old saying that you need to lose one before you win one and the Eels have done that now.

"Parramatta have also recruited well and that's something we look at when we frame markets and young players like Daniel Mortimer are only going to be better next season."

The Eels just head newly crowned premiers Melbourne for title favouritism, with the Storm quoted at $6.

The news is not so good for coach Ricky Stuart and long-suffering Cronulla fans with the Sharks installed as equal favourites - along with Canberra - for the wooden spoon at the long odds of $34 to win the premiership.

"They didn't do well this year and it doesn't look like they've done much in the way of recruitment for next year," Munsie said,.

"The Sharks struggled a lot for depth and I don't think they've done anything to address that issue, they have actually lost a couple of players and it doesn't look like a whole lot of new recruits are coming their way."

Punters have wasted no time betting on the 2010 premiership market with one person putting $9600 on the Bulldogs at $8 to win the premiership just after the market opened.

Surprisingly, the biggest movers in the recruitment market South Sydney are only paying $17 to win the premiership while 2008 champions Manly, who were dumped in the first week of the finals, are third favourites at $7 along with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Brisbane ($13), who have lost prop Dave Taylor to South Sydney, are in double figures along with North Queensland ($17) while the Gold Coast, surprisingly, are the longest odds of the three Queensland sides at $21.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 11:03 am

some times expectations can be very hard to live up to.
the eels made the grand final this year.
if they do not next season, some of their fans may think they have failed.
do they have a betting pool for making the top 8 as well?
if so would like to see the odds for wests-tigers.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

willow

Post by willow » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 12:26 pm

I don't bet on league so I've never really taken much notice of the odds but that would seem reasonable for the Tigers. Most pundits out there know the Tigers have some quality talent coming through and will hopefully have a bit more depth up front.

Davester

Post by Davester » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 12:40 pm

$17, not too bad! Not much for season betting but that aint bad odds to slap some money on.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 2:15 pm

I really can't form an opinion on how we will go next year until I know if we will be signing any or all of those three players that we are still talking to. Not so much Lote but if we sign the two forwards then I most definately will be having a decent punt on the boys. One would be good but two would be great. Watch our odds change faster than "Ragsie" blitzing them down the straight at Wentworth Park if we get those two forwards. :pray:

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 6:46 pm

Hopefully we'll lose our first 3 games and blow out to $50, then i'll have my $100 on us.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 7:45 pm

Eels will come 9th - 4 years in a row hahahahahahah

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 3:52 pm

Saw the Eels mention "dynasty" in the tele earlier this week.

they will go no where now for the next 4 years.

BTW got 23 to 1for the Tigers on Betfair.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 1:26 am

king sirro wrote:Hopefully we'll lose our first 3 games and blow out to $50, then i'll have my $100 on us.
Yeh definitely wait for a blow out. With a few new faces in 2010 the Tigers will take a little while to get started in my opinion. We can only hope.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 5:28 pm

king sirro wrote:Hopefully we'll lose our first 3 games and blow out to $50, then i'll have my $100 on us.

Ah hem............no thanks...........and miss the 8 by 1 point.......I'd rather we didn't loose 2 in a row all season let alone 3........greed is not good Sirro.............
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 8:07 pm

Geo. wrote:

Ah hem............no thanks...........and miss the 8 by 1 point.......I'd rather we didn't loose 2 in a row all season let alone 3........greed is not good Sirro.............
VERY optimistic Geo...........ok I'm with ya.

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 8:33 pm

We've firmed to $15
Bring Back Dr Pepper -- Tiger Blood

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 10 Oct, 2009 7:57 am

I'm surprised Parra are favourites - its a clean slate - the momentum thing is gone - and i'm not so sure of their halves who will be well and truly targetted next year - wait and see i guess

gct

Post by gct » Sat 10 Oct, 2009 8:53 am

Tupou, Taumata, Tuquiri, Lima, Moors, Daniela + the existing talent in the 1st grade squad + the talent in what should have been the U20 premiership winners............'if' we can get them to play to their potential and have a good run with injuries, take the $17 now IMO. (I'm feeling like Big Kev at the moment!!)

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 11 Oct, 2009 1:38 pm

diedpretty wrote:I'm surprised Parra are favourites - its a clean slate - the momentum thing is gone - and i'm not so sure of their halves who will be well and truly targetted next year - wait and see i guess
Made the Grand Final, kept their core group of players, and signed Shack, Poore and Tahu. They'll be a force. Mortimer looks the goods, and Keating will be back, he's a very handy player.

Davester

Post by Davester » Sun 11 Oct, 2009 3:27 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
diedpretty wrote:I'm surprised Parra are favourites - its a clean slate - the momentum thing is gone - and i'm not so sure of their halves who will be well and truly targetted next year - wait and see i guess
Made the Grand Final, kept their core group of players, and signed Shack, Poore and Tahu. They'll be a force. Mortimer looks the goods, and Keating will be back, he's a very handy player.
Yeah it is quite hard to write off the Eels, they really aren't losing much in the off-season. More so strengethening it but you never know...

Icon

Post by Icon » Sun 11 Oct, 2009 3:58 pm

there must be some money out there for the tigers,

they've come in 2 points to 15-1.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 12 Oct, 2009 3:43 pm

Icon wrote:there must be some money out there for the tigers,

they've come in 2 points to 15-1.
That's for sure Icon....I got $26 only last Friday morning(9/10/09) from Centrebet.....now they are $17 and Sportsbet $15.
All the punters out there must like the idea of Lima, Cayless and Lote pumping up out ranks.....so do I , hence my bet...hope they all join the ranks, especially Lima and Cayless