sheens real reason behind moltz at FB

crouching_tiger

Re: sheens real reason behind moltz at FB

Post by crouching_tiger » Thu 03 Sep, 2009 11:59 pm

Personally i think he is more along the lines of Jim Dymock crossed with Craig Pollamounter.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 04 Sep, 2009 3:02 pm

Geo. wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote:
alex wrote: And CT in regards to the trials ... we had 4 guys all fighting for the FB spot but who was named the Rd 1? Moltzen. Sheens always had Moltzen pencilled in at FB the whole time. If he was deadset on choosing the form FB and HB he wouldnt have left 1. Moltzen 7. Benji for so long.
:lol: So is that why Lazarus was shifted to fullback in the NYC and Moltzen to halfback in NYC following their stint together in PremierLeague?? You FAIL to recall Lazarus was injured before Rd1. Clues..
Your right......about the whole 20's thing....

Moltzen would have started ahead of Lazarus even if Blake wasn't injured.....Lazarus got 5mins against the Bunnies then hurt for BRET....

Sheens showed his hand at Shellharbour....Benji was still an experiment at 7 so J Mo needed to be there at 6.....Collis was fit and in the team...Hanbury was on the bench in case any thing went pear shaped .....where do you think he was going to fit Moltzen in.....the only vacant position....Fullback

Would you have had Gallant or McDonnell....Moltzen State Cup?
Then this would explain why Lazarus was chosen to play a stint at fullback for the 2008 Foundation Cup before he did his knee the first time.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 04 Sep, 2009 3:32 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
Then this would explain why Lazarus was chosen to play a stint at fullback for the 2008 Foundation Cup before he did his knee the first time.
Not denying Lazarus was in the mix for fullback as early as 2008.....fact remains I believe that Moltzen was ahead of him as far as playing first grade goes....He was the 2008 Rookie of the Year....I think he was always going to be the 1 despite Sheens hot air about Hodgo's position being vacant with Gallant, McDonnell, Motzen and Lazarus in the mix......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 5:41 pm

MagpieMax wrote:Get immuned to it because the 1,6,7,9 next year will be Moltzen,Marshall,Lui,Farrah full stop and gauranteed.Lui has been a standout in the under 20's and although quite green at this stage that's where his future lies in the number 7. ;)
Agree, Lui to me looks like a genuine halfback with all the attributes

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 08 Sep, 2009 12:15 pm

Chunk wrote:
MagpieMax wrote:Get immuned to it because the 1,6,7,9 next year will be Moltzen,Marshall,Lui,Farrah full stop and gauranteed.Lui has been a standout in the under 20's and although quite green at this stage that's where his future lies in the number 7. ;)
Agree, Lui to me looks like a genuine halfback with all the attributes

Actually he is a 5/8. Always has been.

Spank

Post by Spank » Wed 09 Sep, 2009 9:25 pm

Glennb wrote:Chris Lawrence is the best centre in the club and one of the best in the league. WE DO NOT weaken such an important position to find a fullback. TnT would not have scored so many tries this year without CL and Lawrences defence has been a part of the late season resurgence.

Glenn
Agree 100%
Wests Tigers !

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 2:52 am

i would really love to go through a season with a set team instead of continuously bloody TRYING players out of position.
the team played enough musical chairs in 2009 and i think 2010 should see no more of this.
moltz was best at 7, leave him there. get a full-back and leave the rest of the team as it is. fiddle around with the bench if need be to strengthen it and/or make changes due to injuries (which i hope are minimal) and we should be sweet.

tiga93

Post by tiga93 » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 4:16 pm

anderson silva wrote:
willow wrote:The main problem I see for next season is who will be halfback? We've got Moltzen who performed well at half this season prior to being moved back to fullback and then there is Lui, while still very young has a huge amount of talent and will no doubt develop further with a full off-season with the top squad. He can still play in the 20's next season, but odds are he won't.

I'm not real excited about the signing of Mitch Brown, he's big enough and quick enough and has averaged good metres at fullback for the Sharks when he's played there.

moltzen is the best halves option with benji we all saw that.

i honestly would like to see this backline for atleast one trial

1)Lawrence
2)Tuiaki
3)Ayshford
4)brown/daniella/pritchard/davis (not in the percieved order)
5)Ryan

Yeah, it does look good, but we really need to stop trialing on the games. i say get all the experimentation done at training and have a certain and hard working team take to the turf.