Tamworth sold out for Round 7 clash against Knights

•  Recent Topics
willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 3:53 pm

Author Wests Tigers Timestamp Mon 16 Apr 2018, 02:11 PM

Wests Tigers clash against the Newcastle Knights this Saturday afternoon at Tamworth has officially been declared a sell-out by the club today.

The result comes off the back of a brilliant start to the season from Ivan Cleary's side, who have won five of their first six games for the first time in club history to sit firmly inside the top four.

With a much-improved Newcastle side boasting an array of attacking talent arriving in the New England region on Saturday, it's shaping as a wonderful afternoon of footy at Scully Park!

Over 8,000 fans packed the venue in 2016 for the now defunct City v Country Origin clash, but that number is expected to be well surpassed by the crowd in attendance on Saturday afternoon.

Kickoff for the match is at 5:30pm AEST, with live TV coverage available via Fox League.

For fans wanting to catch Wests Tigers in their next home game, don't miss the club's Round 10 clash against North Queensland on May 10 as they run out at Leichhardt Oval for the first time in 2018.

Members with ANZ Stadium entry included in their membership package will also be able to head along to the club's Round 8 away game on April 29 as they celebrate ANZAC Round against the Parramatta Eels.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:47 pm

Good news for Tamworth. I hope they get behind it and we can make this a regular fixture. It can only help the club to have a country town behind them as part of a wider fan base.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:02 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:47 pm
Good news for Tamworth. I hope they get behind it and we can make this a regular fixture. It can only help the club to have a country town behind them as part of a wider fan base.
You don't think it will be a Newcastle home game with all the fans up there

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:07 pm

Not surprised,

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:07 pm

The Queen wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:02 pm
It doesnt matter who has the home game...its great that regional areas get to see NRL first hand in their towns,it could easily be a win/win situation for the towns and the NRL....great to see...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:08 pm

The Queen wrote:
I live in Newcastle and only know a couple of knighrs fans.

You will be surprised at the number of people who follow Sydney clubs up here.

And most people who don't support them can't stand them because of the biased reporting up here.

Support for the tiger's is quite strong in this area

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:15 pm

The Queen wrote:
I know a heap of guys going up for it. I believe that country areas deserve games and if we head to Tamworth every year against different opponents we could make the area a Tiger fan base. Every club should have a regional area or none established area they take a game to regularly imo.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:21 pm

They should invest in a few more membership tents, print some more bu$ pa$$e$ and bring some extra staff

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:37 pm

The Queen wrote:
Why would you think their is so many Newcastle fans in Tamworth - I'd say their are more fans of traditional clubs. Newcastle to Tammworth is like saying Sydeny people support Canberra because its local

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:01 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:37 pm
The Queen wrote:
Why would you think their is so many Newcastle fans in Tamworth - I'd say their are more fans of traditional clubs. Newcastle to Tammworth is like saying Sydeny people support Canberra because its local
I'm a born and raised newy lad myself with a whole lot of relatives who live in Tamworth who are crazy knights fans. It wasn't a silly comment. The two towns have a bit of a kinship.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:26 pm

What is the Grounds Capacity....?

20. K...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:43 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:08 pm
The Queen wrote:

And most people who don't support them can't stand them because of the biased reporting up here.

Mate I lived in Newcastle for 5 years. The reporting is insane! Just listen to Buderus on Fox - a more one eyed commentator I’ve never heard

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:53 pm

hammertime wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:01 pm
Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:37 pm
The Queen wrote:
I'm a born and raised newy lad myself with a whole lot of relatives who live in Tamworth who are crazy knights fans. It wasn't a silly comment. The two towns have a bit of a kinship.

I was thinking its closer to Newcastle then Sydney for the drive and if you wanted to go to the football a few times a year Tamworth would choose Newcastle with the old city vs country battles and i was also thinking more Newcastle supports would drive from Newcastle to Tamworth then say from Newcastle to Campbelltown i think on game day maybe 60 to 70 percent of the crowd will be behind Newcastle

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:16 pm

Newcastle fans I've found tend to be on the outer areas of Newcastle and regional.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:08 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:43 pm
tiger05premier wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:08 pm
The Queen wrote:

Mate I lived in Newcastle for 5 years. The reporting is insane! Just listen to Buderus on Fox - a more one eyed commentator I’ve never heard
You get sick of hearing it

I always change radio stations or television channels when local media start talking knights

But let's face it

It is their town and it's never going to change ao ignoring it is the best option

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:14 am

Another thing I've found is that if the knights are above you on the ladder they will send you a txt of the ladder highlighting it.

And you don't hear from them when they are below so the last 3 yrs have been great

For all you forum members who live in Sydney are there any other club's supporters who carry on like this or is it just a little brother type syndrome thing that only knights fans do

BubbaKennedy

Post by BubbaKennedy » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:53 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:26 pm
What is the Grounds Capacity....?

20. K...
Scully Park capacity is 11K, there were still tickets available Sunday afternoon but standing only, they must have been snapped up straight after the Manly game.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:56 am

good to see!

although maybe it would have been better to play an out of state/country team like melbourne, nz, cowboys or something there
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."