This is the REAL big test

Russell

Re: This is the REAL big test

Post by Russell » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:52 am

wmlmaster wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:57 am
Let's put this into perspective.

Even though I can't stand the Tigers losing it's a good thing and let me explain before jumping down my throat......

If the Tigers keep winning right now and stay undefeated there will come a time when they will have to lose, personally, as hard as it is to swallow (watch the Tigers lose) I would like them to win 3 games and lose 1 game (to keep them grounded) till rounds 16-18 and than build steam by winning 4-5 games in a row heading towards the finals. If they peak too early we will have a Dragons of last year situation on our hands and not make the finals. Now to me that is not acceptable, I don't want to make the finals just to be there, I want the premiership.
Hope you've told Cleary what is expected of him and the team this year.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm

No consecutive Ls

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:09 pm

watch us lose to the eels next week by 20

then go to NZ and beat the warriors 12-10

this is the tigers franchise

glad eels won this week they get their due win' and first win out of the way for us now.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:23 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:09 pm
watch us lose to the eels next week by 20

then go to NZ and beat the warriors 12-10

this is the tigers franchise

glad eels won this week they get their due win' and first win out of the way for us now.
Cheer up... Your predictions could be worse

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:30 pm

We have lost 2 games by a combined 3 points and now we will be beat by 20 against a team that is 1-6.

Parra beat Manly (just saying).
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm
No consecutive Ls
This should be the priority. If we do this we will be playing finals footy.

The team needs to take a lesson out of a loss and show some resilience to bounce back.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 3:49 pm

Fibros wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:30 pm
We have lost 2 games by a combined 3 points and now we will be beat by 20 against a team that is 1-6.

well we managed to let them score about 3 trys (almost 4 trys) in about 5 mins last time. and tried to blow a 30-6 lead, and now they are coming off flogging manly (which we did as well) which Shows Manly just SUCK and have internal issues.

so I have no confidence at all at beating them. I do however know I have confidence for beating the warriors because we will show up against the big teams and not show up against the crap out of the top 8 teams. its bean this franchise mentally for 18 years. I mean the friggin knights cost us the 8 in 2004 and 2008 I think it was. we always have issues against them, I think 04 was the big old CHOKE a 10 point lead with 10 to go and miss out on the 8 if I remember I can't remember the wingers name but we just watched him score.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:04 pm

Terrible time for us to play Parra after a win like that.
Norman and Moses both confidence players and really hit their straps last week.
Gutherson at the back makes an enormous difference. Thought they were due for a win, but after our ordinary performance last week
we will really need to lift to contain them.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:18 pm

Welcome to the NRL - no game is easy. Each week presents a whole range of hurdles and opportunities. The question our boys will need to answer is how do they regroup and lift their attitude and effort. The scrambling defence and energy that was winning us games early has been slowly weakening over the last few weeks. We need to be up for a battle this week because I am sure the Eels will be.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:43 pm

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 3:49 pm
Fibros wrote:

well we managed to let them score about 3 trys (almost 4 trys) in about 5 mins last time. and tried to blow a 30-6 lead, and now they are coming off flogging manly (which we did as well) which Shows Manly just SUCK and have internal issues.

so I have no confidence at all at beating them. I do however know I have confidence for beating the warriors because we will show up against the big teams and not show up against the crap out of the top 8 teams. its bean this franchise mentally for 18 years. I mean the friggin knights cost us the 8 in 2004 and 2008 I think it was. we always have issues against them, I think 04 was the big old CHOKE a 10 point lead with 10 to go and miss out on the 8 if I remember I can't remember the wingers name but we just watched him score.
In 1990, a loss in the 2nd last week to Sterlo's Eels cost us a go at top spot, and a loss in the final week vs Knights meant we had to play a play-off against Knights again a few days later to officially claim 5th spot.

Knights have been a bogey team for a long while now...
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 5:01 pm

Fibros wrote:

RUOK?

barra

Post by barra » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 5:16 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:04 pm
Gutherson at the back makes an enormous difference. Thought they were due for a win, but after our ordinary performance last week
They'll have their tails up but a good dose of old school defence might seem them fold again, that confidence is sure to still be fragile... Gutherson on the other hand will make a difference.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 5:29 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:04 pm
Manly were terrible.

I reckon it's better they won, they would have been still desperate for their first win.

Not hard for the halves to look good in a game like that.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 5:49 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:43 pm
Fibros wrote:

In 1990, a loss in the 2nd last week to Sterlo's Eels cost us a go at top spot, and a loss in the final week vs Knights meant we had to play a play-off against Knights again a few days later to officially claim 5th spot.

Yep i remember that very well Wayne pearce last win, and Balmain last playoff win we got flogged by manly the next week 16-0

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:27 pm

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 5:49 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 4:43 pm
Fibros wrote:

Yep i remember that very well Wayne pearce last win, and Balmain last playoff win we got flogged by manly the next week 16-0
Im not surprised

will1999

Post by will1999 » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:38 pm

Eels were playing really bad in the first 20 min couldn't score a try if they were against us we would of flogged them last week