This is the REAL big test

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Re: This is the REAL big test

Post by TYGA » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:29 pm

Not fused I have backed us every week with the line and won big. We will win convincingly against the Knights. Cleary game plans to shut down key players and will cripple Pearce and Ponga. We are a defensive juggernaut don’t let the blistering attack make you think otherwise it’s a bonus.


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2491
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:01 pm

It appears to me that Ivan's team preparation is impeccable. He has the players performing amazingly well and his game plans are producing results. One thing that has crossed my mind is that he is coaching them to respect their opponents and not take anything for granted. I can't see why preparations for this game would be any different.
The drop off in intensity in the second half of the manly game would probably have concerned Ivan and should provide a few pointers for him to gee them up.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:19 pm

This is a real big test... But for newcastle and parra... we might put 50 on them.

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:21 pm

13+ against manly paid $7 :)

User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Roar Power » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:24 pm

It's funny how much cockiness is starting to creep into a lot of these topics. All of a sudden we are going to be belting the opposition by 50 and every other player is going to want to be a part of the club.
Being a supporter of almost 40 years, I am stoked about this new found resilience in a side that has bled points and defined softness for too many seasons. I am still cautious however - we are only 6 games into 2018.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31260
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm

Knights won't be a pushover. We'll need to work hard to win this one and we'll need to keep an eye on Ponga, he's in very good form.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20136
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:30 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:24 pm
It's funny how much cockiness is starting to creep into a lot of these topics. All of a sudden we are going to be belting the opposition by 50 and every other player is going to want to be a part of the club.
Being a supporter of almost 40 years, I am stoked about this new found resilience in a side that has bled points and defined softness for too many seasons. I am still cautious however - we are only 6 games into 2018.
Agreed. Im very confident, but respect your opposition. The NRL is the most, even and unpredictable competition in the world. Any team can get rolled, doesn't matter who they are.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm

We need to keep Pearce quiet
I'm not worried about thier forwards as i think we currently have the best pack
Its a big call but look at the results
Our backs have also played above their weight
We have been able to shut down speed men like Addo Carr Vunavalu ? Roberts Turbo Latrell Mitchell so i am confident we can shut down Newcastles speed men
We just need to show up like we have in the 1st 6 weeks
That's with intent in defence
We will have confidence but must not take this game lightly
It's games like this we have lost in the past

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:42 pm

We need some more of Ronnie Palmer's Energy powder.

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:24 pm
It's funny how much cockiness is starting to creep into a lot of these topics. All of a sudden we are going to be belting the opposition by 50 and every other player is going to want to be a part of the club.
Being a supporter of almost 40 years, I am stoked about this new found resilience in a side that has bled points and defined softness for too many seasons. I am still cautious however - we are only 6 games into 2018.
Don't agree at all... You should read some of my previous posts.

I had us beating parra by 20... manly by 13+.

I v'e had 1K on Brooks to win the daily M at 100/1. I stated at the start of the season before we played a game that we would win our last 7 games and make the semis.

I also said I would make Brooks captain at the start of the season.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5267
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:57 pm

There will be a big Knights fan base as they are not far from Tamworth, I will make the near 5 hour trip out there and stay at my sisters, so I will fly the flag for us on Saturday.
Just hope the 5 hours in the car on sunday are worth it, I think they will be.
Go hard or go home

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
Knights won't be a pushover. We'll need to work hard to win this one and we'll need to keep an eye on Ponga, he's in very good form.
That’s right we have to keep working hard. One week at a time.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:57 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:42 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:33 am
BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:52 am
so far I think every game this year we have been underdogs (maybe now the Parra game) and tigers teams of the past tend to lose the games that we SHOULD win. we have knights and eels the next few weeks.

After yesterday seeing we now have won in Brookie and Melbourne and Beating the roosters. usually every year that is 3 auto losses we have locked in without even thinking about it, that this team actually has me that we are for real. However.. we can't fall into the trap of the old tigers teams and lose to the teams we are suppose to beat.

This is the first game we should be favourites and people are starting to take us serious now. so this is a complete trap game
But we’re not the old Tigers team
We don't know that yet. if we lose to the teams we are suppose to beat then we are the tigers team of old. we feel asleep against the eels that was the old tigers team yesterday I thought 'here we go again' at one stage too when it got to 32-12 but thankfully we didn't let in any more points
Your last line says it all - "thankfully we didn't let in any more points". The old Tigers team would've let in more points, the old Tigers team would've gone down to the Roosters, the old Tigers team would've lost at Brookvale (or whatever the hell its called now), the old Tigers team would never have beaten the Storm twice in one season.

The new Tigers team won't lose to the teams we're expected to beat because we're not the old Tigers team anymore!

BubbaKennedy
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by BubbaKennedy » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:58 pm

This team to me doesn’t get carried away with wins like the past, straight after every game they have talked about the negatives they need to work on for next week.

All interviews post manly game were about dropping off in the second half, this to me is the cultural shift that Cleary has drilled into the Team.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26514
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:02 pm

Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm
Roar Power wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:24 pm
It's funny how much cockiness is starting to creep into a lot of these topics. All of a sudden we are going to be belting the opposition by 50 and every other player is going to want to be a part of the club.
Being a supporter of almost 40 years, I am stoked about this new found resilience in a side that has bled points and defined softness for too many seasons. I am still cautious however - we are only 6 games into 2018.
Don't agree at all... You should read some of my previous posts.

I had us beating parra by 20... manly by 13+.

I v'e had 1K on Brooks to win the daily M at 100/1. I stated at the start of the season before we played a game that we would win our last 7 games and make the semis.

I also said I would make Brooks captain at the start of the season.
Yeah :lol:

tigerbill
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue 11 Sep, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by tigerbill » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:35 am
Newcastle look desperate. .
:lol:

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1569
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:12 pm

One game at a time. Knights won’t be easy but we should win. I think we have the right combination of old and young heads playing so as to not get complacent.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:16 pm

Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:19 pm
This is a real big test... But for newcastle and parra... we might put 50 on them.
Do you only bet in $50 or do you sometimes put more on them?

Post Reply