This is the REAL big test

TYGA

Re: This is the REAL big test

Post by TYGA » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:29 pm

Not fused I have backed us every week with the line and won big. We will win convincingly against the Knights. Cleary game plans to shut down key players and will cripple Pearce and Ponga. We are a defensive juggernaut don’t let the blistering attack make you think otherwise it’s a bonus.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:01 pm

It appears to me that Ivan's team preparation is impeccable. He has the players performing amazingly well and his game plans are producing results. One thing that has crossed my mind is that he is coaching them to respect their opponents and not take anything for granted. I can't see why preparations for this game would be any different.
The drop off in intensity in the second half of the manly game would probably have concerned Ivan and should provide a few pointers for him to gee them up.
"Quality Stupidity"

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:19 pm

This is a real big test... But for newcastle and parra... we might put 50 on them.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:21 pm

13+ against manly paid $7 :)

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:24 pm

It's funny how much cockiness is starting to creep into a lot of these topics. All of a sudden we are going to be belting the opposition by 50 and every other player is going to want to be a part of the club.
Being a supporter of almost 40 years, I am stoked about this new found resilience in a side that has bled points and defined softness for too many seasons. I am still cautious however - we are only 6 games into 2018.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm

Knights won't be a pushover. We'll need to work hard to win this one and we'll need to keep an eye on Ponga, he's in very good form.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:30 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:24 pm
It's funny how much cockiness is starting to creep into a lot of these topics. All of a sudden we are going to be belting the opposition by 50 and every other player is going to want to be a part of the club.
Being a supporter of almost 40 years, I am stoked about this new found resilience in a side that has bled points and defined softness for too many seasons. I am still cautious however - we are only 6 games into 2018.
Agreed. Im very confident, but respect your opposition. The NRL is the most, even and unpredictable competition in the world. Any team can get rolled, doesn't matter who they are.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm

We need to keep Pearce quiet
I'm not worried about thier forwards as i think we currently have the best pack
Its a big call but look at the results
Our backs have also played above their weight
We have been able to shut down speed men like Addo Carr Vunavalu ? Roberts Turbo Latrell Mitchell so i am confident we can shut down Newcastles speed men
We just need to show up like we have in the 1st 6 weeks
That's with intent in defence
We will have confidence but must not take this game lightly
It's games like this we have lost in the past

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:42 pm

We need some more of Ronnie Palmer's Energy powder.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Don't agree at all... You should read some of my previous posts.

I had us beating parra by 20... manly by 13+.

I v'e had 1K on Brooks to win the daily M at 100/1. I stated at the start of the season before we played a game that we would win our last 7 games and make the semis.

I also said I would make Brooks captain at the start of the season.

Post by 851 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:57 pm

There will be a big Knights fan base as they are not far from Tamworth, I will make the near 5 hour trip out there and stay at my sisters, so I will fly the flag for us on Saturday.
Just hope the 5 hours in the car on sunday are worth it, I think they will be.
Go hard or go home

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
Knights won't be a pushover. We'll need to work hard to win this one and we'll need to keep an eye on Ponga, he's in very good form.
That’s right we have to keep working hard. One week at a time.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:57 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:42 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:33 am
BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:52 am
so far I think every game this year we have been underdogs (maybe now the Parra game) and tigers teams of the past tend to lose the games that we SHOULD win. we have knights and eels the next few weeks.

After yesterday seeing we now have won in Brookie and Melbourne and Beating the roosters. usually every year that is 3 auto losses we have locked in without even thinking about it, that this team actually has me that we are for real. However.. we can't fall into the trap of the old tigers teams and lose to the teams we are suppose to beat.

This is the first game we should be favourites and people are starting to take us serious now. so this is a complete trap game
But we’re not the old Tigers team
We don't know that yet. if we lose to the teams we are suppose to beat then we are the tigers team of old. we feel asleep against the eels that was the old tigers team yesterday I thought 'here we go again' at one stage too when it got to 32-12 but thankfully we didn't let in any more points
Your last line says it all - "thankfully we didn't let in any more points". The old Tigers team would've let in more points, the old Tigers team would've gone down to the Roosters, the old Tigers team would've lost at Brookvale (or whatever the hell its called now), the old Tigers team would never have beaten the Storm twice in one season.

The new Tigers team won't lose to the teams we're expected to beat because we're not the old Tigers team anymore!

BubbaKennedy

Post by BubbaKennedy » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:58 pm

This team to me doesn’t get carried away with wins like the past, straight after every game they have talked about the negatives they need to work on for next week.

All interviews post manly game were about dropping off in the second half, this to me is the cultural shift that Cleary has drilled into the Team.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:02 pm

Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm
Roar Power wrote:
Don't agree at all... You should read some of my previous posts.

I had us beating parra by 20... manly by 13+.

I v'e had 1K on Brooks to win the daily M at 100/1. I stated at the start of the season before we played a game that we would win our last 7 games and make the semis.

I also said I would make Brooks captain at the start of the season.
Yeah :lol:

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:35 am
Newcastle look desperate. .
:lol:

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:12 pm

One game at a time. Knights won’t be easy but we should win. I think we have the right combination of old and young heads playing so as to not get complacent.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:16 pm

Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:19 pm
This is a real big test... But for newcastle and parra... we might put 50 on them.
Do you only bet in $50 or do you sometimes put more on them?