This is the REAL big test

Fibros

Re: This is the REAL big test

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:16 pm
Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:19 pm
This is a real big test... But for newcastle and parra... we might put 50 on them.
Do you only bet in $50 or do you sometimes put more on them?
I find it funny that our own fans still think we are pretenders. What more do Wests have to do!

"This is the real big Test" for who. I believe that would be Newcastle and Parra.

Don't matter if I put $50, $100 or $1000, because I will be putting it on the team to beat, Wests Tigers.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:49 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:52 am
so far I think every game this year we have been underdogs (maybe now the Parra game) and tigers teams of the past tend to lose the games that we SHOULD win. we have knights and eels the next few weeks.

After yesterday seeing we now have won in Brookie and Melbourne and Beating the roosters. usually every year that is 3 auto losses we have locked in without even thinking about it, that this team actually has me that we are for real. However.. we can't fall into the trap of the old tigers teams and lose to the teams we are suppose to beat.

This is the first game we should be favourites and people are starting to take us serious now. so this is a complete trap game
Agree with you mate. These are the games which will test how strong our mentality really is. It's easy to get up for games when you're the outsiders but harder when you're the favourites.

Like you said, over the years we have notoriously lost the games we were expected to win, so if we beat both the Knights and Eels then I will really start to believe we have changed for the better. I could see in that Eels game the old Tigers creep back in by not being able to close out the match efficiently and then we lost intensity in defence. Almost happened again in the Manly game. Those types of clock-offs is why I'm still not convinced on our mentality just yet. Not complaining overall on how we are going though... just wary of our history!

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:55 pm

Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:41 pm
Russell wrote:
Fibros wrote:
This is a real big test... But for newcastle and parra... we might put 50 on them.
I find it funny that our own fans still think we are pretenders. What more do Wests have to do!

"This is the real big Test" for who. I believe that would be Newcastle and Parra.

Don't matter if I put $50, $100 or $1000, because I will be putting it on the team to beat, Wests Tigers.
Lighten up Chief - it was a joke (you know what they are - don't you?)

A play on words - you know someone says put 50 points on them and someone turns it around to $50 as a bet.

Oh! forget it .... you wouldn't wake up if a tram hit you.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:12 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:55 pm
Fibros wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:41 pm
Russell wrote:
Fibros wrote:

Lighten up Chief - it was a joke (you know what they are - don't you?)

A play on words - you know someone says put 50 points on them and someone turns it around to $50 as a bet.

Oh! forget it .... you wouldn't wake up if a tram hit you.
I knew what you meant. Not sure why you took offence at my post. It was barely relating to you or your comment. That is why I post the betting line last instead of posting 2 comments.

My point is... The team is confident, the coach is confident, I am confident and have been since the start of the season. Hardly being cocky as stated earlier.

And as for waking up to myself, I doubt I would wake up if the Newcastle or Parra pack hit me but I'll have $50 on waking up if Mats hits me.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:38 pm

Quietly confident we'll get the job done again here, other than Stinky they don't pose a threat.
If our D continues then Stinky gets limited opportunity to do his thing.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:33 pm

Luke wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:49 pm
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:52 am
so far I think every game this year we have been underdogs (maybe now the Parra game) and tigers teams of the past tend to lose the games that we SHOULD win. we have knights and eels the next few weeks.

After yesterday seeing we now have won in Brookie and Melbourne and Beating the roosters. usually every year that is 3 auto losses we have locked in without even thinking about it, that this team actually has me that we are for real. However.. we can't fall into the trap of the old tigers teams and lose to the teams we are suppose to beat.

This is the first game we should be favourites and people are starting to take us serious now. so this is a complete trap game
Agree with you mate. These are the games which will test how strong our mentality really is. It's easy to get up for games when you're the outsiders but harder when you're the favourites.

Like you said, over the years we have notoriously lost the games we were expected to win, so if we beat both the Knights and Eels then I will really start to believe we have changed for the better. I could see in that Eels game the old Tigers creep back in by not being able to close out the match efficiently and then we lost intensity in defence. Almost happened again in the Manly game. Those types of clock-offs is why I'm still not convinced on our mentality just yet. Not complaining overall on how we are going though... just wary of our history!
Yes that eels game had me thinking it was 2012 again with that 31-0 lead that turned into 31-30 and even at 32-0 against Manly I still didn't feel safe till about 5 mins to go.

we do however seem to play 80 mins against GOOD teams in close games. Benj really hasn't learned he still does the same thing with big leads. we were up against manly big and he starts going sideways again and gets excited then we start making mistakes. what was working was up the middle if we kept that up would have won by 50

the little things like that worry me

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:16 pm

Knew it.. told yA,

Same old tigers not turning up as favs against crap teams lets play the storm again

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:29 pm

Games not over yet, Would love Benji back out there.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:48 pm

Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:16 pm
Knew it.. told yA,

Same old tigers not turning up as favs against crap teams lets play the storm again

How are we going now...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

krayola

Post by krayola » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:48 pm

Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:16 pm
Knew it.. told yA,

Hmmmm...we’re not out of the woods but this is a great chance to show we’re a different side
One of my sources is Pascoe

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm

We failed the test not only that went back to another old habit of choking a game

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm

We failed the test not only that went back to another old habit of choking a game

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 7:32 pm

Sat 21 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm
disappointingly yep... :oops:

can only learn from result, and now time to focus on next game..
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 7:38 pm

To be fair Newcastle played to a very high standard and feel the head bins disrupted us. A missed opportunity but not the end of the world.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:41 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:35 am
Newcastle look desperate. .
They did eh?
Some of you blokes are really conditioned to the old Wests Tigers...the fear is strong with these one's..
With good reason?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:14 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:41 am
Geo. wrote:
They did eh?
Some of you blokes are really conditioned to the old Wests Tigers...the fear is strong with these one's..
With good reason?

Taking quotes from 2 different weeks and editing one ...tsk tsk...wouldn't have though that was very etiquettesk...

So Parra to put 50 on us..next week eh...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:39 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:14 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:41 am
Geo. wrote:
They did eh?
With good reason?

Taking quotes from 2 different weeks and editing one ...tsk tsk...wouldn't have though that was very etiquettesk...

So Parra to put 50 on us..next week eh...
Haha... So what?
2 relevant quotes.
Just keeping things nice & tidy.
Looks like you've picked up that famous Chinese sense of humour Geo.
I'd guess Parra will be very desperate for a win, today AND next week

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:57 am

Let's put this into perspective.

Even though I can't stand the Tigers losing it's a good thing and let me explain before jumping down my throat......

If the Tigers keep winning right now and stay undefeated there will come a time when they will have to lose, personally, as hard as it is to swallow (watch the Tigers lose) I would like them to win 3 games and lose 1 game (to keep them grounded) till rounds 16-18 and than build steam by winning 4-5 games in a row heading towards the finals. If they peak too early we will have a Dragons of last year situation on our hands and not make the finals. Now to me that is not acceptable, I don't want to make the finals just to be there, I want the premiership.