This is the REAL big test

BlackandGoldForever

This is the REAL big test

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:52 am

so far I think every game this year we have been underdogs (maybe now the Parra game) and tigers teams of the past tend to lose the games that we SHOULD win. we have knights and eels the next few weeks.

After yesterday seeing we now have won in Brookie and Melbourne and Beating the roosters. usually every year that is 3 auto losses we have locked in without even thinking about it, that this team actually has me that we are for real. However.. we can't fall into the trap of the old tigers teams and lose to the teams we are suppose to beat.

This is the first game we should be favourites and people are starting to take us serious now. so this is a complete trap game

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:22 am

agreed. Im not too concerned though. Ponga is dangerous but if you watch him he goes to the outside with a step about 90% of the game. He does a jink then accelerates. Very predictable so we can shut that down. Aim towards Brock lambs side all day, his defence has been very ordinary. I think we will win the forward battle so from there we should get the job done..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:33 am

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:52 am
so far I think every game this year we have been underdogs (maybe now the Parra game) and tigers teams of the past tend to lose the games that we SHOULD win. we have knights and eels the next few weeks.

After yesterday seeing we now have won in Brookie and Melbourne and Beating the roosters. usually every year that is 3 auto losses we have locked in without even thinking about it, that this team actually has me that we are for real. However.. we can't fall into the trap of the old tigers teams and lose to the teams we are suppose to beat.

This is the first game we should be favourites and people are starting to take us serious now. so this is a complete trap game
But we’re not the old Tigers team
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:35 am

Newcastle look desperate. .
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:42 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:33 am

We don't know that yet. if we lose to the teams we are suppose to beat then we are the tigers team of old. we feel asleep against the eels that was the old tigers team yesterday I thought 'here we go again' at one stage too when it got to 32-12 but thankfully we didn't let in any more points

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:45 am

These 2 games will confirm if were really are a changed team.

Favorites is something that we have traditionally never handled well.

either way Im looking forward to these games

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:51 am

I dont think it matters. This team isnt like any wests tigers team ive ever watched. Best defence in the comp highlights that fact. I think wel be fine. as long as we can compete the full 80 minutes we can beat most teams

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:52 am

Seantice wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:51 am
I dont think it matters. This team isnt like any wests tigers team ive ever watched. Best defence in the comp highlights that fact. I think wel be fine. as long as we can compete the full 80 minutes we can beat most teams
Agree. It's clear we have a completely different mindset, and now that we have knocked over a few of the heavyweights, the players belief would no doubt have changed also.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:56 am

We will see in 2002 we beat the eels and bulldogs at the start of the year it was a great 4-2 start then we went into losing to bad teams again. IE baby broncos. in fact we were in the top 8 till mid June that year despise losing about 6 in a row after that great start.

Just saying, for years it is the mentality of losing to bad teams this team has never really shaked

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:13 am

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:42 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:33 am

We don't know that yet. if we lose to the teams we are suppose to beat then we are the tigers team of old. we feel asleep against the eels that was the old tigers team yesterday I thought 'here we go again' at one stage too when it got to 32-12 but thankfully we didn't let in any more points
We won’t win every game that’s for sure but I’m confident, barring injury, that we will be competitive most games. Have faith - this is a new era. If you were having doubts, yesterday should have proven that we are evolving.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:24 am

Newcastle are a bit hot and cold at the moment and could turn up running hot. We need to be prepared and focus on doing this right in defence and build from there. The next two weeks are games we really should win in current form and I expect this side to draw on the confidence of the last few weeks and perform.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:29 am

Anyone can win on any given day. The thing is if you don't beat yourself you'll be ok. That's the struggle from previous seasons and it happened against good teams too. It hasn't happened this year so I'm confident.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:38 am

If we play tough for 80 minutes I think we will beat Newcastle.

Obviously playing as $1.50 favourites is slightly concerning for most Tigers fans. However I'm confident we will have the same mentality - thats the important thing.

Everyone is expecting us to slip up - We just got to keep the foot on the throat while we are playing well and bank as many wins as possible because there will be some tough points in the season I'm sure. .

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:43 am

I agree....the reality is we should be 6-0....but I see the next 2 games as real danger games....if we manage to easily put away Newcastle and the Eels....the I'll be convinced we are the real deal in 2018....

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:49 am

Maybe if we win the comp then the Challenge Cup and then win both trials in 2019 some might think we are the real deal!!! Jeez- we’ve beaten the Roosters and Melbourne twice, we have great defence stats against good opposition, our attack looks potent, we have lost 1 game (not really). WE ARE THE REAL DEAL. And......... when we do lose a game, which we will, it doesn’t mean we aren’t the real deal either!

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:14 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:49 am
Maybe if we win the comp then the Challenge Cup and then win both trials in 2019 some might think we are the real deal!!! Jeez- we’ve beaten the Roosters and Melbourne twice, we have great defence stats against good opposition, our attack looks potent, we have lost 1 game (not really). WE ARE THE REAL DEAL. And......... when we do lose a game, which we will, it doesn’t mean we aren’t the real deal either!
It's because we have seen this story 100 times before.. hell even in 2005 we started great beating the roosters and dogs, then we went into a hole. it wasn't till the 8 in a row that we went hot

Our team has NEVER consistently stayed in the top 4 all all EVER. 2010 was the year it came close but even then it took a 50 point loss to Souths that got us going, so us fans have never actually seen this so it's hard to accept yet. it feels great but weird and we are waiting for the big fall to come because it has so many times

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:17 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:49 am
This years squad is certainly the real deal .., whether this equates into semi final contention we have to wait .... teams will be getting it together over the next month or so and at this point all should be revealed.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:51 pm

Different coach different players, they want to play for each other, no big heads. Go you Wests Tigers.