Official Team to take on the Newcastle Knights

Russell

Re: Official Team to take on the Newcastle Knights

Post by Russell » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 6:56 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 6:06 pm
Just a note to Huth and Rochow - please, please use your foot when playing the ball. They both are getting away with it at the moment - but a really important shot at goal is coming, I can just see it. Rochow is the worst he rarely plays the ball properly.
Yeah, I've noticed how How doesn't like using his foot .
Ino tends to do it, and I've seen Ence do it as well
Thankfully the refs have backed off on that a bit . . . . they have to, to fit all the other penalties into 80 mins.
Who the hell are Ino and Ence - have we signed players 29 and 30????

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:23 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Just a note to Huth and Rochow - please, please use your foot when playing the ball. They both are getting away with it at the moment - but a really important shot at goal is coming, I can just see it. Rochow is the worst he rarely plays the ball properly.
Thankfully the refs have backed off on that a bit . . . . they have to, to fit all the other penalties into 80 mins.
Matulino and Lawrence. He's whinging about people not calling Eisenhuth "Eiso" which is apparently the only permissible nickname for anybody with the name Eisenhuth...ever

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:30 pm

That's clever
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:35 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:23 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Matulino and Lawrence. He's whinging about people not calling Eisenhuth "Eiso" which is apparently the only permissible nickname for anybody with the name Eisenhuth...ever
There is always someone wants to be different. That's ok (just put the real nick names in brackets then).

E.g. (Mat and Rowdy) or (Ben and Huth)- just so we know who you are talking about GYGT.

Ino, Ence and Eiso - you could have set up secret codes for Allies in WWII.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:48 pm

I thought "Huth" was an acceptable abbreviation for him. Not sure about "Eiso" - I am going to have to ask for a dispensation for having to type "Eisenhuth" every time. Either that, or just stop writing about him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:51 pm

barra wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 4:06 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 4:02 pm
barra wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 4:00 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:40 pm

Agree. Do we have anyone coming in that does the good things that Lawrence has been doing?
ET does a bit of ball playing, but doesn't hit the holes like Lawrence.
ET's defence is good and tireless but it's more cleaning up than hitting hard.
Lawrence out will be a loss for our dominance. We need someone going hard.
From what I've seen watching him in ISP, I reckon McQueen is the best like-for-like with Lawrence.
Luke Garner.
He's good for sure mate, but so young... and still a bit light for his height. He'll be a fine NRL player in the future and hope we hold onto him, but McQueen is tough, looking a lot better than 6 rounds ago and plays the same position as Rowdy.
Sounds like an off season with Rampaging Ronny Palmer in the gym might help

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:54 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:48 pm
I thought "Huth" was an acceptable abbreviation for him. Not sure about "Eiso" - I am going to have to ask for a dispensation for having to type "Eisenhuth" every time. Either that, or just stop writing about him.
Hoof is one part of "The Twuth"

Alex Twal and Matt Eisenhuth

Knights better watch out , the Twuth hurts :evil:

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 2:46 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 4:48 pm
Thought we’d miss Reynolds - not a bit. Thought we’d miss Taylor - didn’t miss a beat. Was certain we’d miss Packer - everyone else stepped up. We have a VERY well thought out squad. We replace like for like. For the first time in years I’m confident that the 17 that are picked will step up. Also, I no longer panic when we make our forwards interchanges.
Paul Kent said we’d struggle when injuries hit. They have hit - and we haven’t missed a beat!!
I don't always watch the show but I saw that episode of 360 is well. Kent was looking at ways to bag the Tigers. But it was a bit hard for him because we have only lost one game (by a dodgy call) and financially the WTs are in a good position. We don't have any off field dramas for him to mention. All Kent could say was "I still don't know about Go and if the lose a few I don't think they have much depth".
Does he do research or just goes of his gut instinct ?
I think you'll find we have had to change the team around each week, which requires depth and our ISP team is coming 1st.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:54 pm
TigerSJ wrote:

:roll

marzie

Post by marzie » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:49 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 2:46 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thought we’d miss Reynolds - not a bit. Thought we’d miss Taylor - didn’t miss a beat. Was certain we’d miss Packer - everyone else stepped up. We have a VERY well thought out squad. We replace like for like. For the first time in years I’m confident that the 17 that are picked will step up. Also, I no longer panic when we make our forwards interchanges.
Paul Kent said we’d struggle when injuries hit. They have hit - and we haven’t missed a beat!!
I don't always watch the show but I saw that episode of 360 is well. Kent was looking at ways to bag the Tigers. But it was a bit hard for him because we have only lost one game (by a dodgy call) and financially the WTs are in a good position. We don't have any off field dramas for him to mention. All Kent could say was "I still don't know about Go and if the lose a few I don't think they have much depth".
I think you'll find we have had to change the team around each week, which requires depth and our ISP team is coming 1st.
Yeah he said "I don't think Go is up to it" when Ikin mentioned that the board needs to be given credit as well and then said that we will fall apart as soon as our depth is tested

Does he even pay attention

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 4:27 pm

marzie wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:49 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
Yeah he said "I don't think Go is up to it" when Ikin mentioned that the board needs to be given credit as well and then said that we will fall apart as soon as our depth is tested

I just watched that and what he said doesn't make sense. I don't think we've had our strongest 17 on the park at the same time at all this season. Then consider that we have 2 former origin players in reserve grade in Grant and McQueen and international players in Sue (who has got his chance at the moment) and Fonua. If he's looking for a weakness to pick at depth was a poor choice.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 4:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

Yea someone should do a banner with a pic of Jack Nicholson and caption " You Can't Handle The Twuth ".

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 4:56 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 4:27 pm
marzie wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:49 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

I just watched that and what he said doesn't make sense. I don't think we've had our strongest 17 on the park at the same time at all this season. Then consider that we have 2 former origin players in reserve grade in Grant and McQueen and international players in Sue (who has got his chance at the moment) and Fonua. If he's looking for a weakness to pick at depth was a poor choice.
I remember watching this a few days ago and laughed when it was suggested our depth would be our downfall.

It has been tested already... even our halves with Reynolds going down before round 1.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:03 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 4:43 pm
happy tiger wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

Yea someone should do a banner with a pic of Jack Nicholson and caption " You Can't Handle The Twuth ".
Or perhaps "The Twuth is out there " X Files

Or maybe "if you tell the Twuth you don't have to remember anything " Mark Twain

Or Only Drunks and children tell the Twuth My Mrs

Or Half the Twuth is a lie My Mrs again

Or their is no God higher than Twuth Gandhi

Or In thy face I see honour ,Twuth and loyalty Shakespeare

Or the Twuth is heavy , so few men wish to carry it

Or the Twuth told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent

Or The Twuth will set you free , but first it will make you miserable Jim Davis

Or when you shoot the Arrow of Twuth , dip its point in honey (Arab proverb )

Or A liar will never be believed even when he speaks the Twuth Aesop

Or A rumour can spread all around the world before the Twuth can put it's shoes on Twain again and Lindy Chamberlain

Or Fear not the path of the Twuth for the lack of people walking on it Robert F Kennedy

Or Tell the Twuth or someone will tell it for you

Or Rather than money , than love , than fame , give me the Twuth

Or Blind belief in authority is the biggest enemy of the Twuth Einstein

Twuthfully I think you get the point

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:03 pm
diedpretty wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

Or maybe "if you tell the Twuth you don't have to remember anything " Mark Twain

Or A rumour can spread all around the world before the Twuth can put it's shoes on Twain again and Lindy Chamberlain

Or Fear not the path of the Twuth for the lack of people walking on it Robert F Kennedy

Stwuth! My head hurts!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:14 pm

yeti wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:03 pm
diedpretty wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Stwuth! My head hurts!

The Twuth will set you free

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm

Speaking of banners, I noticed someone had a Chee-Kam banner at the Manly game. Good work whoever that was.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:22 pm

Tacky wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm
Speaking of banners, I noticed someone had a Chee-Kam banner at the Manly game. Good work whoever that was.
Don't change the subject , the Twuth is watching