Chemist Warehouse Injury Update: Round 7

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Chemist Warehouse Injury Update: Round 7

Post by formerguest » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:30 am

hodgo wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:35 am
I tell you what we love to throw crap at our own players. I for one feel for grub and hope he sorts it out. The bloke has been the perfect team mate and a catalyst to the team first approach his attitude and selflessness should be applauded. Its hard to like our fan base sometimes.
:deadhorse:
:brick:
Yeah, always had reservations about his signing, but it has been consistently stated that his attitude is the main reason he was brought here and he is certainly fulfilling that role.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:47 am

We are almost a million dollars under the cap, so money
/ cap space isn't an issue.
When building a new culture Reynolds has been a big part of the attitude that we see on the field. A four year deal was probably a year or two longer than we would have liked but by signing him and his attitude helped attract others and made the rest of the squad what it is this year.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:30 am
hodgo wrote:
I tell you what we love to throw crap at our own players. I for one feel for grub and hope he sorts it out. The bloke has been the perfect team mate and a catalyst to the team first approach his attitude and selflessness should be applauded. Its hard to like our fan base sometimes.
Yeah, always had reservations about his signing, but it has been consistently stated that his attitude is the main reason he was brought here and he is certainly fulfilling that role.
I dont see how having concerns about Reynolds injury problems is bagging him.
We all want him fit and healthy and playing. No team can comfortably carry a player at 750 a season and not get him on the field
We know its not his fault but it may be out of his control and then it becomes a problem especially when and if we need him.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 2:21 pm

Telltails wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
formerguest wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:30 am
hodgo wrote:
I dont see how having concerns about Reynolds injury problems is bagging him.
We all want him fit and healthy and playing. No team can comfortably carry a player at 750 a season and not get him on the field
We know its not his fault but it may be out of his control and then it becomes a problem especially when and if we need him.
Lots of teams carry injured players, it's all part and parcel of a contact sport like Rugby League.
He is still likely to play again in a months time. We are close to a million dollars under the cap so we can afford to carry him and others if need be. We have great depth in the halves. Gamble might even get some NRL experience.
It's not worth getting work up about. We are hardly in a situation like Manly where they have paid a million a season for DCE for 10 years. If DCE got injured and they have players with questionable attitudes like Hastings on the reserves list. Or Parra with Moses and Norman on money like Reynolds but being destructive rather an constructive.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tiger_Pete

Post by Tiger_Pete » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 2:53 pm

Let's give the guy a go before we write him off for the next four years.

He's only played 20 minutes for us so far (out of position). To think he's going to drag the club down is a pretty big overreaction.

Yes, Brooksy and Benji are playing great right now but a month is a long time in rugby league. It wasn't too long ago that a bunch of people on here were calling for Brooks to be punted from the club...

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 9:24 am

It's unfortunate that he can't seem to get on the field.
It's not his fault, and he's getting a lot of support and positive comments on here but I wonder if those same people would be so kind if we were 1 from 6?
I have my doubts

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 9:31 am

Tiger_Pete wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 2:53 pm
Let's give the guy a go before we write him off for the next four years.

He's only played 20 minutes for us so far (out of position). To think he's going to drag the club down is a pretty big overreaction.

Yes, Brooksy and Benji are playing great right now but a month is a long time in rugby league. It wasn't too long ago that a bunch of people on here were calling for Brooks to be punted from the club...
x2
"Quality Stupidity"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 9:36 am

hodgo wrote:
I think it depends on the player

Some are koala's , protected species , others it is a free for all

For example Matt Ballin v Josh Reynolds