One game only

gallagher

Re: One game only

Post by gallagher » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 5:33 pm

Is there still over an hour between games when there is two on? That always turned me off getting there early.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:50 pm

I wonder how much of this comes done to labour costs in the end

Back in 70/80's many volunteered their time and efforts , not so much now I wouldn't think

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:04 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 10:30 am
So what if different bodies run the competition? Bloody well work together!! NRL could not care less about current fan base - only interested in reaching new supporters. They know the ‘rusted on’ fans are here for keeps.
Really sad only one game - hardly worth the effort really when I can watch on Fox at home.
But I’ll be there - and that’s the problem!

Yes and no...i have been a member for years and you would be lucky to get a 1/3rd of the total crowd for the prior games ....with it building as the day progressed with a lot arriving in a big rush just prior to the main NRL game this was even more prominent with the introduction of NYC...

Of course the rusted on's are the most effected as they were the ones in the crowd watching lower grades....in my experience younger fans could not care less and just go to the NRL game as that's all they care about....
There’s nothing here I don’t agree with. Sign of the times I guess. I just love my footy. On game day I can’t wait to get to the game, grab a beer and watch good footy. Hated under 20’s as it was crap footy. Love watching ISP. I’m in the minority I know. But I’m the bloke who spends $1000 on membership every year. I buy food and drink. I buy Foxtel - really just for the sport. I buy jerseys for me and the kids every year. My needs need to be met. My involvement should be valued. Hey NRL - consider me and others who flood the rugby league market with money. The game would be stuffed without it. That’s all I’m saying. In trying to capture the new market, the existing market is being neglected.

PS - as another poster stated, if first grade warmed up during ISP maybe more people would come for 2 games
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

mtd

Post by mtd » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm

Presidents cup
Reserve grade
First grade

Stream line it - 3 games each venue every week.

hank37w

Post by hank37w » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:13 pm

Don't know about Presidents Cup, don't think that exists these days, but Ron Massey would be the equivalent of the old 3rd grade.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:21 pm

They should have turned the under 20s into a under 24s comp. would have got a good mix of players and given an extend time for players to develop with some players with first grade experience having to opportunity to provide experience their peers. Quality would be okay imo.

Mr Magpie

Post by Mr Magpie » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 10:04 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:21 pm
They should have turned the under 20s into a under 24s comp. would have got a good mix of players and given an extend time for players to develop with some players with first grade experience having to opportunity to provide experience their peers. Quality would be okay imo.
I guess money talks these days but the old way was for guys past their prime to play lower grades and teach the up and comers. I remember lot of first graders finishing up in 2nd or 3rd grade when dinosaurs roamed the earth. 😊😊😊
WE WILL STAND OUT GROUND AGAINST THE GATES OF HELL AND WE WON'T BACK DOWN!
:sign: :sign: :sign:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 6:05 pm

What percentage of the total crowd of your average NRL game would get to the groud early to watch all 3 grades in the past
10%?
Let's face it, most people don't care about watching the lower grades.
Same as a gig, no one watches the first support band (not even their own mothers)
and the only reason that the second band get a half decent crowd is because people want to get a good position for the headliner.
Yes there's a few die hard live music lovers that will watch all 3 but they're the minority