"We've got to step up again"

stevied

Re: "We've got to step up again"

Post by stevied » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 2:05 pm

This game is critical for us. We have made an excellent start to the year and our stern defense has given us a chance to win every game. To my mind, our credibility and long term success hinges on the result of this game. Get beaten again and we drop down the ladder, lose confidence and start a bad habit - a losing one. We have to get back on track by increasing energy and returning to the workaholic, smothering type defense we applied in the first six rounds. Anything less and our season is in trouble. We win and we edge closer to the relative advantage of the Origin season and an easier run towards Top Eight qualification. Parramatta weren't great last week, they were just better than a diabolical Manly. However, they will gain confidence from the win and turn up ready to play. We have to win the ruck and nullify their halves. We've done it before against better teams and we can do it again.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:20 pm

All I want to see is effort. We've been so happy with our team so far this year due to the never die attitude.

It's been missing for the 2nd half of the manly game and the Knights game.

If we rattle the Eels early, they'll drop their bundle. They're a confidence team. We need to get up in their face right from kick-off.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 6:11 pm

Not feeling it this week

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:04 am

Apparently the team has been training the house down, but injuries are a issue

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:18 am

you need to be able to roll the same 17 players out as much as possible to be really successful. Look at the Dragons, they have basically had the same team since round one. We seem to have a minimum of two substantial changes a week and sometimes more. Very hard to keep the rage going when you continue to have injuries. I think today is not going to be a good day and could be our first blow out

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:21 am

High completion rate, good kicking game and we beat that grub again

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:22 am

supercoach wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:18 am
you need to be able to roll the same 17 players out as much as possible to be really successful. Look at the Dragons, they have basically had the same team since round one. We seem to have a minimum of two substantial changes a week and sometimes more. Very hard to keep the rage going when you continue to have injuries. I think today is not going to be a good day and could be our first blow out
Can't agree with you there. Parra only have 1 win and it was against a bottom 4 team that played terribly.

We only have 2 losses by 2 points and could arguably be 7-0 to start the season. Yes we have injuries but who doesn't and we have the depth this year. ET was not fully fit last game anyway and Lawrence is a huge inclusion we really missed him.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 2:29 pm

I remember when benji said that every week on 2012... “need to step up” he never did.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 3:10 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 2:29 pm
I remember when benji said that every week on 2012... “need to step up” he never did.
Yeah not keen on the "need to step up" articles surfacing again. Not just Benji, but with everyone! Memories of many bad times over the past six years. I was hoping we had moved on from this.