NRL Team Announcement: Round 8

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4670
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: NRL Team Announcement: Round 8

Post by Snake » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:07 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 5:56 pm
Stupid Foxtel reporting Twal dropped to isp cup. Is it so hard for these guys to do a bit of research. If you are not sure why would you assume. We are surrounded by Peanuts (refs, media etc.) is it so hard for people to do their jobs properly.
Glad you raised this who is the Peanut as you called them that has been calling the Tigers g@mes on Fox lately ...this bloke does not know any of the players and is a total drip!


User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2337
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:08 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:54 pm
Have we had a game with no injuries yet?

Seems like every week someone is out..

Having Lawrence back is huge, he has been one of our best so far this season.

Glad Liddle is playing was very worried when he didn't come back on last week.

I think it might be a change in thinking - we are now giving players who have minor injuries a week off to get them right whereas in the past we were more likely to play someone with a minor/niggling injury and take the risk on them not getting further damage - with depth comes better player management.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31879
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:08 pm

stevied wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:52 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm
stevied wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:20 pm
No real surprises here. I had a hunch Cleary would stick with the same squad. Obviously the right side defensive issues were attributed to multiple players......
Can't agree with some of them though. Would have had Fonua for Nofualuma, Gamble for Godinet and Felise for Sue but we all think we know better than the coach.....
I just hope that the team lifts their intensity and defends like they have been before last week's effort.
Fonua plays the opposite wing of Nofo, and Gamble has never played hooker, let alone first grade
You're right but Cleary must have something in mind, to include Fonua among the reserves and, surely as someone who has played a bit of centre, he could adjust? I wasn't thinking of Gamble as a hooker. Taylor could give Liddle a rest at hooker wth Gamble covering fullback, five eighth or virtually any back line position.
MWZ copped a painful knock on the knee cap last weekend, it might be a bit tender still...

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27076
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:16 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:07 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 5:56 pm
Stupid Foxtel reporting Twal dropped to isp cup. Is it so hard for these guys to do a bit of research. If you are not sure why would you assume. We are surrounded by Peanuts (refs, media etc.) is it so hard for people to do their jobs properly.
Glad you raised this who is the Peanut as you called them that has been calling the Tigers g@mes on Fox lately ...this bloke does not know any of the players and is a total drip!
Matt Nable

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:17 pm

I think Nofa is lucky that there were contributing factors to the woeful right side defence. It may have been harsh to drop him as a result.
I also think Grant may have been handy this week.
Very happy Liddle is good to go. His loss would have been worse for the team than Twal being out.
Lets hope the boys rip in this week. I'm not confident.


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:17 pm

Hasn’t Cleary used the extended squad to pick 2 forwards, a half, and a back each week. Fonua is next in line for the backs with Tui our injured and Gamble is the halves cover. Don’t expect either to play.

LARDS
Member
Member
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by LARDS » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:42 pm

Unlike most hear I don't mind godinet . He has plenty of zip and clean service.
But I am worried about nofos wing. I think we'll see Parra going down his side all day.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
Tui hasn’t been named in any grades?
Minor knee injury.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
Tui hasn’t been named in any grades?
Minor knee injury.
I still reckon this knee problem has restricted Tui from being his best....I wont give up on the kid yet and when he strikes form again it will benefit our NRL side no end....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:05 pm
I saw on NRL.com web site team lists, that Twal was out for one week:
"Alex Twal (shoulder, one week) drops out of the team"
Why can’t this club advise its fans when there are players out due to injuries....?
Poor form!,,,,

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:25 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
Tui hasn’t been named in any grades?
Minor knee injury.
Is it minor if it persists for weeks?

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:50 pm

The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 8:11 pm

Well Nofo will be under the spotlight.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm
stevied wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:20 pm
No real surprises here. I had a hunch Cleary would stick with the same squad. Obviously the right side defensive issues were attributed to multiple players......
Can't agree with some of them though. Would have had Fonua for Nofualuma, Gamble for Godinet and Felise for Sue but we all think we know better than the coach.....
I just hope that the team lifts their intensity and defends like they have been before last week's effort.
Fonua plays the opposite wing of Nofo, and Gamble has never played hooker, let alone first grade
I know Fonua is playing left in ISP but I watched him play on the right in the ESL challenge cup final. Not sure if he was there all year but he was impressive that day.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:10 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
Tui hasn’t been named in any grades?
Minor knee injury.
I still reckon this knee problem has restricted Tui from being his best....I wont give up on the kid yet and when he strikes form again it will benefit our NRL side no end....
Looks like it's only you and me that have any faith in Tui, everyone else are throwing knives at him.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:13 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:10 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
Tui hasn’t been named in any grades?
Minor knee injury.
I still reckon this knee problem has restricted Tui from being his best....I wont give up on the kid yet and when he strikes form again it will benefit our NRL side no end....
Looks like it's only you and me that have any faith in Tui, everyone else are throwing knives at him.
Add me. I'd rather him at fullback with Thompson on the wing.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:16 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:13 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:10 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm


Minor knee injury.
I still reckon this knee problem has restricted Tui from being his best....I wont give up on the kid yet and when he strikes form again it will benefit our NRL side no end....
Looks like it's only you and me that have any faith in Tui, everyone else are throwing knives at him.
Add me. I'd rather him at fullback with Thompson on the wing.
Same

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 9:18 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 6:05 pm
I saw on NRL.com web site team lists, that Twal was out for one week:
"Alex Twal (shoulder, one week) drops out of the team"
Why can’t this club advise its fans when there are players out due to injuries....?
Poor form!,,,,
Read the Wests Tigers article on the side and it states that Twal has a minor shoulder injury. Not sure what your complaint is.

Post Reply