The calls. Good and bad

king sirro

The calls. Good and bad

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:13 pm

So what's the take on the overall calls?

For me, parra score their first 2 tries off blatant forward passes from Moses. The first try Moses throws a short ball that is painfully forward yet let go. Norman then kicks for French try. 2nd try looked forward live, with every tigers player in the vicinity blowing up immediately, that's forward. 2 disgraceful calls that cost us the game.

We got some ok calls in the 2nd half. Dropped ball by Parra on the halfway could have been deemed either knock back or knocked out by us...50/50 call. And the rake by Edwards awarded a knock on was a 50/50 that went our way. Right call though.

IMO Matt Checcin is a balmain junior who deliberately tries to crucify us. He's a grub.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:14 pm

All refs are duds..but thats not why we lost....we played poorly...

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:17 pm

I thought we deserved more penalties as it felt they were all over us in the ruck.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:20 pm

Refs hurts us but we blew the game ourselves with dropped ball and poor defense.

The decision I found most perplexing was the 5th tackle penalty against Brooks on Tony Williams. Was he penalised for tacking around the legs?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:20 pm

Still gotta make the tackles whether the pass is forward or not , the situation doesn't change

I thought they got the better of the 50/50 calls , but good sides cope with that

Beautiful Sunday arvo ladies and gents , get out and support your team and help them over the line

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:21 pm

Absolute joke how many looks they took at Marshall’s try. They were desperate to find a reason not to give it.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:25 pm

Forgot the strip call against Rochow that gave them 2 points. It was obvious that was a dropped ball. How the pocket ref didnt see it deserves sacking. Quite possibly that disgraceful call cost is the game in the end. So 3 huge wrong calls directly cost us 12 points.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:26 pm

Their first penalty goal he had lost control of the ball. We just weren’t getting the calls. Moses pass definitely was forward. I feel the refs don’t help us at all.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:28 pm

Sorry...like last week we had our chances but brain dead plays lost us the game. We have the slowest backline ever yet we continued to try go around them. We have to play direct and try and run some good lines around the edges and get to our kicks on the last. Benji kicking on the third twice was madness. We need all our troops back to be competitive. The last two weeks we have dropped games against average opposition.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm

Yep a couple of dodgy calls but earlier in the year we were overcoming these.

Our discipline has gone out the window the last 2 weeks. We’ve still been in the hunt but have shot ourselves in the foot with mistakes, giving away penalties etc.

We should be top of the table with the dragons. Ronnie P needs to start punishing people.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:13 pm
So what's the take on the overall calls?

For me, parra score their first 2 tries off blatant forward passes from Moses. The first try Moses throws a short ball that is painfully forward yet let go. Norman then kicks for French try. 2nd try looked forward live, with every tigers player in the vicinity blowing up immediately, that's forward. 2 disgraceful calls that cost us the game.

We got some ok calls in the 2nd half. Dropped ball by Parra on the halfway could have been deemed either knock back or knocked out by us...50/50 call. And the rake by Edwards awarded a knock on was a 50/50 that went our way. Right call though.

IMO Matt Checcin is a balmain junior who deliberately tries to crucify us. He's a grub.
Parra's first points, being the two points they won the game by, came from a penalty goal following a fumbled Moses forward pass for which Rochow was incorrectly pinched for stripping.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:34 pm

Parra were average and we were below average..thats why they won, nothing to do with bad calls, more about our lack of discipline and some terrible options

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't normally whinge about the refs but the two passes and the two speed policing of the ruck was obvious.

That said if we played well enough with the ball we would have still stolen the points like we did against Melbourne. Good teams will still win against the whistle.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:05 pm

diedpretty wrote: ↑ The NRL is a joke - if this whole competition is not setup then i have no idea. how is that a try
Just on my rant lets see how the refs treat us on Sunday with this sudden lovefest for Parra - i bet we get hammered.

Well I did post this earlier in the week. The NRL has become so predictable. It's hardly worth watching anymore.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:09 pm

every parra try came of the back of a penalty and when u look at each one they are all crap calls. if the refs did not have parra to win then , well u know what i mean. really we did not help are selves but gee parra got a lot of easy gifts.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:23 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:09 pm
every parra try came of the back of a penalty and when u look at each one they are all crap calls. if the refs did not have parra to win then , well u know what i mean. really we did not help are selves but gee parra got a lot of easy gifts.
Agreed!

I was at the game today and this was evident, almost all their points came off bad decisions.

Cultured Bogan put it well, if we played good enough we would've won. However, had the decisions gone the other way - we would've come away with the win.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:23 pm

Ok,
The difference between the two teams today’s was Parra played to the whistle. We on the other hand tried to forced the whistle.
1st call was Godinet penalty after Ma’u dropped the ball.
The refs should have seen it but even still having Godinet hanging in the tackle trying to convince the ref wasn’t going to help us. What needed to happen is Godinet gets square and then leaves it up to ref to decide. The same could be said for the call where Rocco ends up with the ball, because he grabs it the ref immediately thinks strip, had the ball dropped to the ground and we dive on it, it allows the touchy time to correct the ref and then we end up with the ball.
The forward passes were bad also, but one thing that is certain is the video ref cannot rule on them so why tempt fate by complaining to the ref when they didn’t make a call at the time. Play to the whistle!

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:36 pm
I don't normally whinge about the refs but the two passes and the two speed policing of the ruck was obvious.

That said if we played well enough with the ball we would have still stolen the points like we did against Melbourne. Good teams will still win against the whistle.
True, good teams will win against the whistle, but I guess the question is why do we always have to battle ref bias against us in every single damn game? It just wears you down after a while.