The calls. Good and bad

Magpie Magic

Re: The calls. Good and bad

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:27 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:36 pm
I don't normally whinge about the refs but the two passes and the two speed policing of the ruck was obvious.

That said if we played well enough with the ball we would have still stolen the points like we did against Melbourne. Good teams will still win against the whistle.
Yeah i turned a blind eye last week when SKD get penalty playing ball around Godinet when 3 out of 5 go the other way. But todsy I sensed that they didn't want Parramatta out of the running this early and as other have said essentially the 2 speed ruck policing was obvious.
Think of it this way. If Rockow was still at Melbourne would he have been penalised today and also against Brisbane.
No.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:31 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:25 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I don't normally whinge about the refs but the two passes and the two speed policing of the ruck was obvious.

That said if we played well enough with the ball we would have still stolen the points like we did against Melbourne. Good teams will still win against the whistle.
No team doesn't matter how good they are consistently wins against whistle. We shouldn't have to overcome 18 to 8 penalty counts and win every time.
It will catch up with you at the end.

True, good teams will win against the whistle, but I guess the question is why do we always have to battle ref bias against us in every single damn game? It just wears you down after a while.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:32 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:25 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

True, good teams will win against the whistle, but I guess the question is why do we always have to battle ref bias against us in every single damn game? It just wears you down after a while.
I definitely think we have a little bit of an allowence to winge about the calls in the presser. I heard Nathan Brown complain about the dud calls he got against us last week which I thought was rich as I thought we were hard done by by the refs last week too!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:35 pm

Great Teams overcome adversity like the dud calls we got today..we are not quite there yet..but haven't thrown up the white flag in any game this year which can't be said for the recent past...

Need to work on our discipline and ball control ...hopefully that will help..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:35 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:28 pm
Sorry...like last week we had our chances but brain dead plays lost us the game. We have the slowest backline ever yet we continued to try go around them. We have to play direct and try and run some good lines around the edges and get to our kicks on the last. Benji kicking on the third twice was madness. We need all our troops back to be competitive. The last two weeks we have dropped games against average opposition.
Today the eels forwards came out with intent to hurt us and it showed in our forward play. Have packer out there and we are a far better team for these type of games. We are still learning how win games in the forwards.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:37 pm

I think the competition is so close that the better teams find it hard if a small amout goes against them unfairly....

They talk about winning the 1 percent but if its oblivious the ref is against you that has to be at least 15 percent against you

Russta

Post by Russta » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:03 pm

I was fuming at the refs calls :evil: and normally my missus tells me to settle down and just enjoy the game. But today, she was saying the refs calls were really biast towards parra. Oh and she's a storm fan.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:08 pm

Would you prefer having 3 losses by 2 points or 1 blowout loss?

trumper

Post by trumper » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:09 pm

There were two forward passes that led directly to tries, and at least one (probably two) strip penalties that really hurt us today.

However, we dropped the ball at crucial times, made some poor choices on the fifth play and were ill-disciplined overall - you can't expect to win playing like that.

Still, we've lost three games by two points; one through highway robbery, and two playing badly against 14 men.

We'll learn from this.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:48 pm

Did Moses get the number 1 draft pick in the NFL

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:55 pm

I just think that you'll get bad refereeing calls in every game but to give away penalties at crucial times is simply poor discipline. As a football team we need to drop the "poor me" over dubious calls and get on with steamrolling the opposition.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 7:22 am

Forward passes 🤦‍♂️
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 7:37 am

upthetigers wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:08 pm
Would you prefer having 3 losses by 2 points or 1 blowout loss?
Honestly probably the one blowout loss - then we would know it was definitely our bad form that lost us the game. Losing three close games because of ref bias, for the most part, is the worst feeling, imo.

It's just plain wrong and I'm sick of our team having to battle the refs, as well as the opposition, every bloody week!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 8:35 am

There are provisions to check for forward passes that lead to tries!
If they check for every other detail a blatant and obvious forward pass can also be determined.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 9:19 am

I honestly struggle to keep up. The rules seem to change at least every week, if not every game depending on the nufties in charge.

In the cowboys v canberra game, I saw blokes rolling the ball between their legs as a play the ball, blokes facing the sidelines when playing it. The rule around needing to get to your feet before placing the ball on the ground seems have have undergone a change.

NRL is slowly killing itself. In 10 years it will occupy the same space that union does now.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 11:37 am

More concerned about how Nofo let's a player which he has body position advantage on get in front of him and score.
Then how with 3 in a tackle he doesn't wrap the ball up and they get an offload away and score.

Also more concerned about one of our prized recruits and forward leader who makes only 55m with the ball, adds nothing when he comes on for his second stint to finish out the game and doesn't know it's the last tackle after a break in play and the ref standing there with his hand in the air, and he just takes a soft hitup and hands them the ball.

I'm more worried about that than the refs, the refs are gonna be like that every week.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 11:43 am

Telltails wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 8:35 am
If they check for every other detail a blatant and obvious forward pass can also be determined.
I thought it was the one thing the bunker could not adjudicate on?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 12:04 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 11:43 am
Telltails wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 8:35 am
I thought it was the one thing the bunker could not adjudicate on?
It boggles my mind how they can call a player over the other side of the field to be in front of the kicker by 1/2cm and make a call that a player received the pass 1/2cm inside the outside shoulder and perfectly line these things up and rule on them but they can't pull up a obvious forward pass.

Absolutely blows my mind!!!!!