This game is important , maybe very important

happy tiger

This game is important , maybe very important

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:21 pm

Look I understand that every game is important , but something inside me tells me this one is of extra Importance

Penrith are definitely a probable Top 4 side and have performed even missing many players

Our performances the 1st 5 weeks of the season were great , but now we are into a different part of the season , new combinations at clubs are clicking and the class is slowly rising to the top

Our last big test v NZ we were completely dominated by the Warriors and I think we really need to stand up and set a new standard and show the comp we are more than a fringe top 8 side

Am I over reacting or do others agree ??

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:22 pm

Every game is important...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 4:21 pm
Look I understand that every game is important , but something inside me tells me this one is of extra Importance

Penrith are definitely a probable Top 4 side and have performed even missing many players

Our performances the 1st 5 weeks of the season were great , but now we are into a different part of the season , new combinations at clubs are clicking and the class is slowly rising to the top

Our last big test v NZ we were completely dominated by the Warriors and I think we really need to stand up and set a new standard and show the comp we are more than a fringe top 8 side

Agee - a lot riding on this and not just 2 points.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:28 pm

I think the Cowboys game was more important then this one.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:

No not an over reaction. If we are to make our mark this year we need to beat the next two against Panfers and the Dogs.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:

Agree Happy. Important for self belief I think. Also, need to keep moving forward as table is very congested
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:43 pm

We're not gonna win this one
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:44 pm

I just think you cant afford to lose more than two in a row from now on, no matter who you are playing. The comp is so tight - not even convinced that the there is a clear top 4 yet.
We are team that doesnt look on paper that we have the troops to be title contenders - so any win against any side no matter how good or bad is a bonus as far as I am concerned.
The performance of the players in the first 6 rounds has given us a chance so we have to take advantage of that.
Last edited by Telltails on Tue 15 May, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:56 pm

Agreed happy, a couple of slips now and your running down towards the bottom. On the other hand two or three wins in the next month and your near the top. Penrith at home will be a massive ask, but not impossible. I just think this game could be the one that defines the middle stage of the season, and this is the part we usually struggle with

westy81

Post by westy81 » Tue 15 May, 2018 5:00 pm

We need to win this one so we can prove we can match it with the best teams in the comp and also take 2 points off a team that is in front of us on the ladder
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 May, 2018 5:04 pm

Wests Tigers by 14...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 15 May, 2018 6:05 pm

These threads are getting very repetitive.

kafta

Post by kafta » Tue 15 May, 2018 6:10 pm

Parra & Knights game's were important.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Tue 15 May, 2018 6:34 pm

happy tiger wrote:

I see where you're going with this but we have beaten the Roosters and the Storm twice - they are both considered top four sides. I am taking the Warriors game as an anamoly. We played with 12 men for 60 minutes in which time they scored twice.

I am perhaps more concerned with our losses to Newcastle and Parra. Both games we should have won and didn't. While the games like the one coming up certainly test us and see where you are in relation to other good teams, its the ones that you should have won who reall affect you come September.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 May, 2018 6:36 pm

Important re games against teams that were good last year but not so good this year, or maybe because theyre now crap...theyre not as important as games against the teams that were crap last year but are good now, especially those whose combinations are clicking at this time of the year, like souths, and....
This one imo is extremely important

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 15 May, 2018 7:31 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 4:43 pm
We're not gonna win this one
Even with MCK in the team ?

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 15 May, 2018 7:46 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 4:30 pm
happy tiger wrote:

No not an over reaction. If we are to make our mark this year we need to beat the next two against Panfers and the Dogs.
Completely agree. We win the next two and that’s 3 in a row and we are firmly entrenched in the top 8. Let’s go tigerssssss

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 May, 2018 7:54 pm

" Definitely a probable"... .thats a good'n