This game is important , maybe very important

The Queen

Re: This game is important , maybe very important

Post by The Queen » Tue 15 May, 2018 11:01 pm

What did Laurie Daley say once on fox had me laughing for the whole week.....

It will be a game of two halfs and i think the team that scores the most points will win ....

I miss him sometimes he was so funny

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:54 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 9:51 pm
Youre bad what?
Do you mean 'your' bad what?

I agree, these types of threads are a tad tedious but I'll add a comment anyway. It's an important game for the team to reestablish credibility. It was a creditable win against the Cowboys but it was at Leichhardt, the Cows were out of form and we had a rampaging Fonua. This week we play the team running second, that has a loaded roster and it's at Penrith. A big challenge and a big opportunity. I will be happy if we play well and go close....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:32 am

I would say they way we play and compete will reastablish cred... Not that I think it needs it.
If we play well, give it everything and walk off heads high (yeh I know, cliche king) then imo that's ok... Of course a win would be awesome tho

Warble

Post by Warble » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:56 am

We will know within the first 10 mins if the WTs are on or not. I have faith. C'mon boys, show all these doubters that we're contenders.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 16 May, 2018 7:10 am

A good performance is important in this game - yes. Will a win or loss make or break our season - no. We are a team that was entrenched in the bottom 4 last year and looked highly likely to get the spoon. We are moving in the right direction on and off the field, if we can do some damage this year that would be a bonus. Top 8 is definitely a realistic goal.
Tigers by 8

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 16 May, 2018 7:35 am

I think this is our biggest test.

In saying that i feel people over estimate the Penrith roster. Like its good but its hardly the benchmark.
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 May, 2018 7:44 am

Well the resurgent Cowboys were supposed to smash us off the Park...

The Pamfers win over the Knights was coated in Sugar...they missed 43 tackles,...a good side would have killed them...

Packer is a HUGE in for Us...

+ I'm going ...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Wed 16 May, 2018 8:39 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 7:44 am

The Pamfers win over the Knights was coated in Sugar...they missed 43 tackles,...a good side would have killed them...

+ I'm going ...

Thats true the cowsboys were going to kill us and i dont think people give the Tigers enough respect for the pressure they applied in defence and rushing them

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 16 May, 2018 8:42 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 7:35 am
I think this is our biggest test.

In saying that i feel people over estimate the Penrith roster. Like its good but its hardly the benchmark.
Bingo.

Penrith are tough and it is their home ground.
But I am not seeing Campbell Reagan Gillard and Trent Merrin dominating Packer and Matalino.
I am seeing a tough contest up front, but not a domination. In fact I expect us to win the forward pack struggle.

Now Maloney and Cleary are going to be huge. I expect them to gell inspite of not playing many games together. Maloney has played with too many halves not too.

Then it will be which backline leaks the most. I don't think we will win it. But if it is close then we will bounce back.

The game is really important to Nofo more then anyone else. If he lets through a bunch of tries then it's back to reggie's. If he defends solid and scores, then we can have backline stability. Yes, Kev is under threat from Fonua. But I can see Kev becoming a bench utility or a stopgap for injuries. Maybe Nofo's wing replacement if he doesn't perform.

Honestly, I hope Nofo shows some gritty defense. He definitely has the speed for the wing. Cmon Nofo, show those black cats what blurry stripes can do!

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 8:53 am

Yes this game is important. We must play well to win. But I believe we can win it. Marshall will have to rediscover his game management form from earlier in the season and brooks will have to have a blinder.
"Quality Stupidity"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 16 May, 2018 8:56 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 7:44 am

+ I'm going ...
some good points but I guess in the NRL you never really know what your going to get from week to week with most teams. I do see us as being competitive and I dont see Penrith as being world beaters. AS I said before the danger is Penrith's unpredictability with their second phase plays and offloads. Goal kicking could bite us because you know they will kick at 80% or better

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Wed 16 May, 2018 9:06 am

Only 6 of Penriths 7 wins have been against a sides coming 13th or lower

I dont think theyre as good as everyone thinks

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Wed 16 May, 2018 10:08 am

fergiefurr wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 9:06 am
Only 6 of Penriths 7 wins have been against a sides coming 13th or lower

I dont think theyre as good as everyone thinks
Agreed, their position on the ladder is a little deceptive.

Of the teams currently in the 8, they have only played Souths (round 2), which they won and the Sharks, which they lost.

They haven't played Saints, Warriors, Storm, Easts or us.

They haven't played the Broncs either (just out of the 8).

They have beaten the Cows once and lost to them once, beaten the Eels twice, beat the Titans, beat the Dogs once (and lost to the Dogs once), and beat Newy.

The only team they have beaten of note is Souths and that was in round 2, before Souths got started.

So, just how good are they ? We will find out in the next few months when they start playing the top teams.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Wed 16 May, 2018 10:30 am

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 4:28 pm
I think the Cowboys game was more important then this one.
I don't agree. The Cowboys have not been performing well, but Penrith have been performing very well, so this game is really important, and remember they beat us last time, so we have something to prove......and yes every game is important

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 16 May, 2018 10:44 am

Id rate this game a 7

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 16 May, 2018 11:45 am

A win would be good. We have to keep on the better side of that log jam of teams currently on 10 points. In a few weeks it will sort itself out more, but no better way than to keep competing well and winning more than you lose.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 16 May, 2018 11:49 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 10:44 am
Id rate this game a 7
Haha love that!

Every game is a 10 for me. There really is no difference between who we play this week or next. Competition is so close, there is no room for any more losses - 4 is too many already if we're going to be serious contenders. Our aim must be to win every week and I'm sure that is exactly what the coach and players think, otherwise what's the point?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:01 pm

Need a desperation matrix...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..