Bets

Magpie Magic

Bets

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 16 May, 2018 11:36 pm

Anyone warming to this game? I actually think the return of Cleary will weaken them for a week or two as he gets up to speed again. At the end of the day they have been a winning side and they need to make key positional changes.
Their pack has been their trump. And we are pretty much at full strength if we hold them there we are a good chance .
Was thinking of the +4.5 at least.

Thoughts?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 May, 2018 12:31 am

Magpie Magic wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 11:36 pm
Anyone warming to this game? I actually think the return of Cleary will weaken them for a week or two as he gets up to speed again. At the end of the day they have been a winning side and they need to make key positional changes.
Their pack has been their trump. And we are pretty much at full strength if we hold them there we are a good chance .

Thoughts?
Griffin spoke of Cleary taking a back seat to Maloney

The far bigger loss is Wallace in my opinion

Lot will factor on Marshall and Brooks if the forward pack does it job , can we stop the Panthers rolling us up the guts is the big question

Reckon will be less than 6 in it either way , real tight one

If the Nathan Cleary talk is true , the boys will want to show Nathan up close and personal this is the club for him :sign:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 17 May, 2018 5:58 am

Yeah .......nah
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 17 May, 2018 6:46 am

Mighty WESTS Tigers 18+...

The Riff have started to believe their press..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 17 May, 2018 7:22 am

WT by 8+

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 17 May, 2018 8:05 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 12:31 am
Magpie Magic wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 11:36 pm

Thoughts?
Griffin spoke of Cleary taking a back seat to Maloney

The far bigger loss is Wallace in my opinion

Lot will factor on Marshall and Brooks if the forward pack does it job , can we stop the Panthers rolling us up the guts is the big question

Reckon will be less than 6 in it either way , real tight one

If the Nathan Cleary talk is true , the boys will want to show Nathan up close and personal this is the club for him :sign:
I agree with this on all points. My thoughts exactly.
"Quality Stupidity"

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:22 am

If we had Fonua I’d be a lot more confident just because of his punch in attack..... but kevy and MWZ aren’t big runners on the ball so close one I reckon

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Thu 17 May, 2018 11:20 am

Might put a grand on with 4.5 or 6.5 pts start. Just have one concern.
Truth is teams that have been winning with players out don't automatically get stronger when players return as the Cowboys found out this year. Penrith should be a top 4 team and one of the main chances but they were winning lately with BBQing Maloney taking charge and a very mobile pack. It will now take a few weeks for them to gel again with the players back not to mention the second liners who have been guiding the team to wins getting peeved off when they get up staged.
If I was the tactician I would really run a lot of traffic at Maloney with the idea that Maloney will let Nathan take charge before he is ready. And I would have Rowdy and Packer putting loads of pressure on young Nathan. This may lead to a disjointed stop start game from them the sort of game Benji might enjoy. But I am not the coach and Nathans opposition coach is his father so this is a real failure for us and my only concern. Rowdy and Packer are smart guys and Lawrence is a nice guy and surely in the back of his mind he has thought of the possibility of him getting Cleary injured in some way and then how will he look the coach in the eye. And if sub consciencely this is a factor it causes us problems.
Just worried mentally that this may cause the team some problems that's my only reservation because Penrith has been lucky lately.Both the dogs and knights handed the game to them through basic errors.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 17 May, 2018 12:21 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:22 am
If we had Fonua I’d be a lot more confident just because of his punch in attack..... but kevy and MWZ aren’t big runners on the ball so close one I reckon
He would have been good, but he might've slept in.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 May, 2018 1:18 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 12:21 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:22 am
He would have been good, but he might've slept in.
Supposedly took a right turn instead of a left (or vice versa)

Should of used his Maori side step and ploughed over a few cars ;)

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Thu 17 May, 2018 2:49 pm

All down to if we can handle their kamikaze young pack and keep an eye on Peachy

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:37 am

Took plus 6.6 at 1.75 and yes it was a tough close game but not close enough. After 5 big previous wins took a loss here.