**Live game thread**

hobbo

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by hobbo » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:26 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:17 am
weststigers wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:14 am
We just looked like we did everything slower than they did.

Their line speed and PTB was faster than ours all night.

Stats show we completed at 77% (30/39) vs 81% (34/42) and 44% possession.

It felt like it was, penalty, penalty, our ball, our error - their ball, penalty, penalty all second half.

I guess you can't make mistakes if you don't have the ball...

Does anyone know our completion rate and total sets we have in the 2nd half?
Well WT it was 18/21 at HT so 12/18 second half , I thought we may have completed 8 or 9 sets at most , but stats are stats
Did you see in the 2nd half when Zelezniak gathers the ball in goal and instead of diving into the field of play he runs 5 meters sideways , gets picked off and forced in goal .

Another set gone down the crapper !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:31 am

hobbo wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:26 am
happy tiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

It felt like it was, penalty, penalty, our ball, our error - their ball, penalty, penalty all second half.

Well WT it was 18/21 at HT so 12/18 second half , I thought we may have completed 8 or 9 sets at most , but stats are stats
Did you see in the 2nd half when Zelezniak gathers the ball in goal and instead of diving into the field of play he runs 5 meters sideways , gets picked off and forced in goal .

Nofoaluma was worse , he was in the field of play , goes five metres in field and gets driven back into the in goal

My under 16 coach would have kicked my ass til my nose bled for doing that

That's what drives me insane , how these guys screw the basics of rugby league up

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:31 am
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

Nofoaluma was worse , he was in the field of play , goes five metres in field and gets driven back into the in goal

That's what drives me insane , how these guys screw the basics of rugby league up
They are crap at doing the one percenters ...

Can't even pass a half decent ball from dummy half :bash
Amateur hour at its finest !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:37 am

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

League is a SIMPLE game for Simple men. Do the Simple things right and you will Simply win.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:41 am

hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

I think that was Noffa.

At the end of the day, you can't win em all, but we had a massive dig in defence.

In 11 rounds, we have only been totally outplayed 3 times vs Knights, Warriors and Panthers.

We were unlucky vs Brisbane and Parra (weren't unlucky v Knights, they were by far the better team all game).

On the whole, we are doing ok.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:45 am

Droppy wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:37 am
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

League is a SIMPLE game for Simple men. Do the Simple things right and you will Simply win.
We take the simple men too literally I think , they try and outsmart themselves

I know the game has changed a lot , but I had forwards in my day who would of taken wingers /centres out the back of the sheds for the stupid crap they did tonight

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:47 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:45 am
Droppy wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:37 am
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

We take the simple men too literally I think , they try and outsmart themselves

I know the game has changed a lot , but I had forwards in my day who would of taken wingers /centres out the back of the sheds for the stupid crap they did tonight
Should still do it now!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:53 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 8:52 pm
Cleary needs Liddle on or I'm pushing the bottom to get off next stop
Whose bottom are you pushing? :D

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:08 am

weststigers wrote:

By ‘ line speed’ do you mean being offside until the last 10 minutes?

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:02 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:04 pm
king sirro wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:27 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:22 pm
king sirro wrote:
Liddle and Marshall are 2 of the worst and most selfish players in the comp
What has liddle done?

Every week he kills our attack with the old Robbie style runs. Only done it once tonight but it was a crucial one. He has been horrendous the past month. Needs the year in ISP. He has been rushed into first grade, its not fair on him physically IMO. The big boys destroy him.
I have suspected this for awhile - now you have proven it - You have no idea.

Again, someone who disagrees but makes no attempt to explain why my points about Liddles current game are wrong. Actually, no one has countered any of my issues. There have been a few who have given reasons as to why he isn't going great, and that fair enough. Basically that's all i have done too. Besides criticising his choices to run, I haven't really blamed Jacob. I have said has been rushed. I'm not sure i have ever seen a young kid not yet established, put straight into first grade after 2 shoulder reconstructions. Personally, I think that's unfair on Liddle.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player (I did say that in the live game thread but that was silly emotion talking).

Your a fan boy supporter Russell, you fall in love with someone and then blindly see what no others do. First Lolohea, and since he was proven to be a dud, you jumped on Liddle and take it way too hard when one of your boys is criticised. Jacob has been unfairly treated by Cleary and he has some things he needs to work on. If that upsets you then you need help.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:34 am

cktiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 2:08 am
weststigers wrote:

Give away the sin bin early when your blokes still fresh, have a massive dig for 10 then keep being offside for the rest of the game...refs only bin one or two teams twice in a game....You could see what was coming

innsaneink
Post by innsaneink » Sun 13 May, 2018 1:58 pm
These bastards are worse than Melbourne in being offside at every play.
Be prepared for a very frustrating night from Penrith and whoever the ref is

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:16 am

Didn't see the first half. The second you could tell they were gassed. Constantly under the pump both with the ball and without. A few pushed passes added more pressure, but we weren't going anywhere. I cant blame the boys for trying. One of those games you just cop and move on. Containing the loss to just 14 was great. A hearty performance albeit a boring and frustrating one. Our for and against is in tact and we're still in the fight. Bring on next week. Carn fellas!!

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:16 am

cktiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

I don't know mate. I couldn't really see that on TV. Do you feel Penrith were offside for 30 minutes of the 2nd half? Is that why we lost?

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:22 am

hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

Noffa did the same thing.

Tiger Gaz

Post by Tiger Gaz » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:39 am

Why in just about most games are Tigers on the wrong side of the penalty count, are the Tigers that bad? Worst still, Tigers seem to be penalised heavily at critical times during games. Tigers virtually had no ball last night.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:52 am

weststigers wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:16 am
cktiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

I don't know mate. I couldn't really see that on TV. Do you feel Penrith were offside for 30 minutes of the 2nd half? Is that why we lost?
It is not the reason we lost but I can tell you Penrith were in front and left early on both sides of the ruck as well as not getting back to the ref..esp Fisher-Harris Campbell-Gillard and Harawira-Naera (must be the double barrell's) for the majority of the game....Cummins chose when to penalise and when not too...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:54 am

king sirro wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 5:02 am
Russell wrote:
king sirro wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

What has liddle done?

Every week he kills our attack with the old Robbie style runs. Only done it once tonight but it was a crucial one. He has been horrendous the past month. Needs the year in ISP. He has been rushed into first grade, its not fair on him physically IMO. The big boys destroy him.

Again, someone who disagrees but makes no attempt to explain why my points about Liddles current game are wrong. Actually, no one has countered any of my issues. There have been a few who have given reasons as to why he isn't going great, and that fair enough. Basically that's all i have done too. Besides criticising his choices to run, I haven't really blamed Jacob. I have said has been rushed. I'm not sure i have ever seen a young kid not yet established, put straight into first grade after 2 shoulder reconstructions. Personally, I think that's unfair on Liddle.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player (I did say that in the live game thread but that was silly emotion talking).

Your a fan boy supporter Russell, you fall in love with someone and then blindly see what no others do. First Lolohea, and since he was proven to be a dud, you jumped on Liddle and take it way too hard when one of your boys is criticised. Jacob has been unfairly treated by Cleary and he has some things he needs to work on. If that upsets you then you need help.
More to the point - you get something in your head and then that's it.

I am not a "Fan Boy" - I think I know a good player when I see one. Criticise whomever you like along with everyone else on here as long as it is fair, couldn't care less if you do. What I absolutely hate is unfair criticism and tend to stand up for the people who receive this. If that is being a "Fan Boy" in your eyes, then so be it.

Liddle has had two shoulder reconstructions, yes. Surgery was held off last year because they thought he may not need it. It did not come good. Therefore he was late in having it and late to start the 2018 season. If it was operated on when he stopped playing last year he would have been able to start the 2018 season with everyone else. Obviously Cleary is trying to protect him a bit by not playing him in the run on side. He is a first grader and would learn nothing in ISP, and run the risk of injury just as much in ISP as in the NRL. Why play him in the ISP? You wouldn't, we desperately need him in the NRL (he will play for 80 minutes - his crisp passing, astute darts from DH and his defence (just as good as any other DH we have playing in that position). I think he is a good player - could make the State team in time, give him a go - and that is not in ISP in my opinion.

The other player I am accused of being a "Fan Boy" - have not mentioned his name on here for about two months. That is beside the point. He has been injured and has come back in ISP - fair enough. He's too fat, too out of condition, too slow, can't defend - just some of the lines used over the past few weeks. Totally unfair in my opinion, including your opinion that he is a "Dud". He has a leg injury and could not run so more difficult to get fit. Why then are half the teams picked for the game against the "Dogs" have him in them? Why are they picking a "Dud."

Calling me a "Fan Boy" is just as stupid and unfair as me calling you a "Hater" - although in one of those cases it maybe true.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:22 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:54 am
king sirro wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 5:02 am
Russell wrote:
king sirro wrote:

More to the point - you get something in your head and then that's it.

I am not a "Fan Boy" - I think I know a good player when I see one. Criticise whomever you like along with everyone else on here as long as it is fair, couldn't care less if you do. What I absolutely hate is unfair criticism and tend to stand up for the people who receive this. If that is being a "Fan Boy" in your eyes, then so be it.

Liddle has had two shoulder reconstructions, yes. Surgery was held off last year because they thought he may not need it. It did not come good. Therefore he was late in having it and late to start the 2018 season. If it was operated on when he stopped playing last year he would have been able to start the 2018 season with everyone else. Obviously Cleary is trying to protect him a bit by not playing him in the run on side. He is a first grader and would learn nothing in ISP, and run the risk of injury just as much in ISP as in the NRL. Why play him in the ISP? You wouldn't, we desperately need him in the NRL (he will play for 80 minutes - his crisp passing, astute darts from DH and his defence (just as good as any other DH we have playing in that position). I think he is a good player - could make the State team in time, give him a go - and that is not in ISP in my opinion.

The other player I am accused of being a "Fan Boy" - have not mentioned his name on here for about two months. That is beside the point. He has been injured and has come back in ISP - fair enough. He's too fat, too out of condition, too slow, can't defend - just some of the lines used over the past few weeks. Totally unfair in my opinion, including your opinion that he is a "Dud". He has a leg injury and could not run so more difficult to get fit. Why then are half the teams picked for the game against the "Dogs" have him in them? Why are they picking a "Dud."

Calling me a "Fan Boy" is just as stupid and unfair as me calling you a "Hater" - although in one of those cases it maybe true.
I'm being unfair in your opinion, in my opinion I'm being more then fair in evaluating certain contributions from him. If you believe his choices on when to run and how to run have been good the past month then that's ok, your happy with our roll ins being taken away. I have clearly stated I think he is a good player, just needs time to work on things.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS