Attention geniuses

Wildcat777

Re: Attention geniuses

Post by Wildcat777 » Thu 17 May, 2018 9:58 pm

Damn the Benji experience looks like it’s over! Never thought I would say that. If we are not intending to field out best team for one reason or another. We should just bleed some young guys for next year.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Thu 17 May, 2018 9:58 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:52 pm
king sirro wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:47 pm
kingbrooks wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:27 pm
king sirro wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:23 pm

Liddle is worse.
Please. Liddle changes the direction of our attack. He gives us more space and attracts defenders. Unfortunately tonight he came on in the 2nd half and we didnt touch the ball during that time.
Will Liddle be better? Yes, of course. But he is struggling. I have been saying it for a month, Liddle just is not ready. Physically he cant handle it. After 2 shoulder reconstructions, give him time in ISP. Also, the past month his timing when he runs has really had a negative effect on our attack. They have been selfish runs that have completely ruined any momentum
Total rubbish
No ability to actually explain why its rubbish hey? If you watch Jacob's games back to the Newcastle one, you will see how hard he blows after 10 minutes tackling the big boys, you will see his running game has really fallen away. He needs time that's all. He has been rushed to his and the teams detriment.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 17 May, 2018 9:59 pm

So this is a thread about Taylor because the title's definitely misleading. If the main point is that Taylor is no good at hooker then I agree. His dummy half passing is erratic and he offers nothing running out of dummy half. I think Elijah is an old fashioned, under sized tackling machine who is there to defend and do nothing else. There isn't a place in the game for such a player any more. First graders have to be more complete, be able to gain metres and break the line occasionally.
Last edited by stevied on Thu 17 May, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warble

Post by Warble » Thu 17 May, 2018 9:59 pm

Surely, surely there is a better option at 9? ET is wasted at 9.
There were so many things to be disappointed in the Penrith game. Our attack was non-existent apart from some fantastic solo efforts by Esarn.
By far the worst was some commentary on fox by a former west tiger and our second worst purchase of all time (worst is current warrior and former bronco). Very anti-WT almost personal. What a jerk!
On a positive note, second half defence was gritty. Unfortunately the damage was done.
Onto next week.

MissMe911

Post by MissMe911 » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:00 pm

Wildcat777 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:58 pm
Damn the Benji experience looks like it’s over! Never thought I would say that. If we are not intending to field out best team for one reason or another. We should just bleed some young guys for next year.
Put him at 14 like the broncos did.
Jr cant come back quick enough

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:01 pm

Warble wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:59 pm
Surely, surely there is a better option at 9? ET is wasted at 9.
There were so many things to be disappointed in the Penrith game. Our attack was non-existent apart from some fantastic solo efforts by Esarn.
By far the worst was some commentary on fox by a former west tiger and our second worst purchase of all time (worst is current warrior and former bronco). Very anti-WT almost personal. What a jerk!
On a positive note, second half defence was gritty. Unfortunately the damage was done.
Onto next week.
Who, Anasta?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:01 pm

king sirro wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
king sirro wrote:
kingbrooks wrote:

Please. Liddle changes the direction of our attack. He gives us more space and attracts defenders. Unfortunately tonight he came on in the 2nd half and we didnt touch the ball during that time.
Will Liddle be better? Yes, of course. But he is struggling. I have been saying it for a month, Liddle just is not ready. Physically he cant handle it. After 2 shoulder reconstructions, give him time in ISP. Also, the past month his timing when he runs has really had a negative effect on our attack. They have been selfish runs that have completely ruined any momentum
Total rubbish
No ability to actually explain why its rubbish hey? If you watch Jacob's games back to the Newcastle one, you will see how hard he blows after 10 minutes tackling the big boys, you will see his running game has really fallen away. He needs time that's all. He has been rushed to his and the teams detriment.
Its hard for him to run when every one of our blokes being tackled is dominant and no quick ptbs

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:03 pm

I’m surprised it’s taken this long for people to turn on ET at hooker under Cleary, when under the last coach it was totally unacceptable from the get go. He’s not a hooker. Move him to the back row in place of Rochow. Killa should be brought back, but I’m guessing Godinet still has photos of Cleary which will ensure he’s next in line.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:06 pm

stevied wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:59 pm
So this is a thread about Taylor because the title's definitely misleading. If the main point is that Taylor is no good at hooker then I agree. His dummy half passing is erratic and he offers nothing out of dummy half. I think Elijah is an old fashioned, under sized tackling machine who is there to defend and do nothing else. There isn't a place in the game for such a player any more. First graders have to be more complete, be able to gain metres and break the line occasionally.
ET still has a place from the 30-50 minute mark in my opinion

Liddle would of been effective early on v Penrith and late on if we could of held onto the footy

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:01 pm
king sirro wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
king sirro wrote:

Total rubbish
Its hard for him to run when every one of our blokes being tackled is dominant and no quick ptbs
His run tonight was off the back of our best set and he made one metre. At the start of the year he got the ball and just went, now he is casually strolling out of dummy half like Robbie used to. His speed is his asset, so no matter what our forwards are doing, if he is going to run then just go for it, don't stroll.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:23 pm

Panthers line speed in defence really allowed them to dominate. They run harder in attack also. Et was no threat at hooker and they really put pressure on the ball carrier. Brooks stepped and weaved a number of times because they were up really quick.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:26 pm

king sirro wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:10 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:01 pm
king sirro wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Total rubbish
His run tonight was off the back of our best set and he made one metre. At the start of the year he got the ball and just went, now he is casually strolling out of dummy half like Robbie used to. His speed is his asset, so no matter what our forwards are doing, if he is going to run then just go for it, don't stroll.
Is he being utilised properly KS ??

That's my question

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:31 pm

willow wrote:
MissMe911 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:24 pm
Id even prefer Pita
Then we would have lost by more
Accurate post
No more plodders!
:sign:

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:32 pm

king sirro wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
king sirro wrote:
kingbrooks wrote:

Total rubbish
I’m a big liddle fan and think he will be a superstar. But he doesn’t look 100%. He looks half the player he was when he came back a few weeks ago. Looks hesitant to take the line. He must be carrying an injury.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:03 pm
I’m surprised it’s taken this long for people to turn on ET at hooker under Cleary, when under the last coach it was totally unacceptable from the get go. He’s not a hooker. Move him to the back row in place of Rochow. Killa should be brought back, but I’m guessing Godinet still has photos of Cleary which will ensure he’s next in line.
Is that 2 games ET has played at hooker. You still harping on about JT. If liddle was healthy and could play a full game then Elijah wouldn’t have to play hooker. Unfortunately injuries are killing us. And I’m guessing you still have photos of JT.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:40 pm

MissMe911 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:24 pm
Id even prefer Pita
Wow, your not happy about the loss :D

Taylors defence tonight in the opening exchanges and through out the game was great. Pita would have been pita bread if he was out there.

Liddel was good but he just isn't 80 mins yet. He looks like he is really struggling at times, looked shaken after some tackles. Maybe it's just his expression.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:40 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Is that 2 games ET has played at hooker. You still harping on about JT. If liddle was healthy and could play a full game then Elijah wouldn’t have to play hooker. Unfortunately injuries are killing us. And I’m guessing you still have photos of JT.
What does that even mean? One of your best. Regardless, on cue as usual.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Thu 17 May, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 17 May, 2018 10:44 pm

And no, Liddle can’t play 80.