You’re dropped!

Telltails

Re: You’re dropped!

Post by Telltails » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:42 am

Not sure how much faith can be put in Josh Reynolds to make a significant difference at this point. He looked very clunky in his only apperance this year and hasnt played much footy in a long time. He will need some time.to adjust not only to a new team but also to the demands physically, of the game.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:47 am

Droppy wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:02 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:50 pm
Players in the squad who didn’t play tonight:
Felise
Reynolds
Gamble
Fonua
Tui
Naiqama
Godinet
McIlwrick
Aloiai
Grant

Of those the only ones I’d consider bringing in would be Reynolds, Aloiai, Fonua, Felise.
I agree with you. Onl y addition would be Mcilrwick as starting hooker. Never want to see Taylor at hooker again. Cant pass ball quickly or accurately.
I’d have Liddle starting at 9 and Benji off the bench.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:57 am

I'd give Benji a rest. Tui, Reynolds, Gamble, surely Ivan saw this.
"Quality Stupidity"

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:15 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:33 pm
I can't see Gamble being a better option. Maybe Lolihea if fit. Otherwise I would stick with Benji. Hopefully Reynolds gives us something because we need something soon.

I get what you are saying. I wouldnt go for Gamble yet either but the guy could not do any worse than the rubbish Marshall has served up.
Its an opinion!

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:19 am

Mc Ilwrick has to come into the team, Some of Taylors passes from dummy half were shocking, Did Packer come back on in the 2nd half? or did he get injured.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:27 am

Im seeing a fair bit of inconsistency with this accountability issue.

Fonua was correctly sat down for a week because of it.

Benji Marshall has been awful for the last 4 or 5 weeks and there has been no accountability for his actions whatsoever.

Cant have it both ways. Either you hold eveyone accountable and there are clear promotion and demotion or you dont.

You want culture, drop Marshall and make him accountable for his poor displays.
Its an opinion!

mcguires_penalty

Post by mcguires_penalty » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:36 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:07 pm
Come on, you know you want to.

Marshall must go.

McQueen - please tell me we have him for this year only

Eisenhuth - I call him KOD- King Of Plod

Sue - he’s just terrible

Rochow - just go mate

Nofa - you’re hanging on by a thread.
Eisenhuth doesn't deserve to be on this list. He plays his assigned role well, he gets through a lot of work. Him and ET play a similar role (when ET isn't hooker). I'd take him over ET these days.

The honeymoon is over for Marshall unfortunately, he just keeps handing momentum back to the other team too often.

Bula

Post by Bula » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:42 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:40 pm
Eddie wrote:
I can't see Gamble being a better option. Maybe Lolihea if fit. Otherwise I would stick with Benji. Hopefully Reynolds gives us something because we need something soon.
You or I would honestly be a better option than Benji. He has offered nothing the last 4-6 weeks. Would add an x factor if gamble was to debut instead of inept Play by a senior player.
Apart from Fonua we have no x factor. Lots of noughts. No crosses.

Buffalo

Post by Buffalo » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:47 am

no need to panic yet right IC. WT are the club in perpetual rebuild. Couple of senior players not stepping up when they should be and should be put on notice.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:47 am

I don't want to see ET at dummy half again full stop. He's fine at 13 leave him there. Mckillwrick could have an off game and still be better than ET at 9 last night.
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:54 am

Droppy wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:02 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:50 pm
Players in the squad who didn’t play tonight:
Felise
Reynolds
Gamble
Fonua
Tui
Naiqama
Godinet
McIlwrick
Aloiai
Grant

Of those the only ones I’d consider bringing in would be Reynolds, Aloiai, Fonua, Felise.
I agree with you. Onl y addition would be Mcilrwick as starting hooker. Never want to see Taylor at hooker again. Cant pass ball quickly or accurately.
Neither can McIlwrick!

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:00 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Eddie wrote:
You or I would honestly be a better option than Benji. He has offered nothing the last 4-6 weeks. Would add an x factor if gamble was to debut instead of inept Play by a senior player.
Gamble is not the answer.

Throw a "0" number of NRL games played 5/8 into a cauldron that is struggling with the forwards being dominated.

Great idea... then you'll be saying "Gamble is not the answer - send him back to the QLD Cup."

Reynolds is the only answer and we have to wait until his return, hopefully next game.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:01 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:18 pm
Think the Huth can hold his head high....Couple of last ditch tackles in the first half were great. Think people just see his height and think he's a plodder, this fella has real ticker imo.
x2

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:03 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 6:28 am
I like MCK. I think he’s a good bench player.

McQueen is terrible and looks like he should be working in an organic hipster cafe in Surry Hills.

Glad you gave him a go - less than half a game after about year. Good one.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:07 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 9:00 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Gamble is not the answer.

Throw a "0" number of NRL games played 5/8 into a cauldron that is struggling with the forwards being dominated.

Great idea... then you'll be saying "Gamble is not the answer - send him back to the QLD Cup."

Reynolds is the only answer and we have to wait until his return, hopefully next game.
Remember his first game back with us.....He may need a few games in ISP. Perfect time to blood Gamble imo.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:13 am

Jesus are people watching the same stuff as me. Our boys are nit superstars they are or were average first graders. They are fighting their guts out every week you cant ask for more then that.

Listen to cleary this will take a few years for us to be truley truly competitive. Our boys are massively over achieving look at the big picture i would have taken 6-5 to start the year.

We have more money to spend than so we will grab a player or two a year and add talent to our dogs of war.

Im proud of them all even though we miss alot of tackles and make some momentum turning mistakes, we fight all the way not something we could have said for a long time

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:25 am

weststigers wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:22 am
Our forwards laid no platform tonight - our backs didn't lose us this game.

They had no ball and when they did, there was no space.
That's a worry because it was the best forward pack we could put on the field.

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:27 am

hodgo wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 9:13 am
Jesus are people watching the same stuff as me. Our boys are nit superstars they are or were average first graders. They are fighting their guts out every week you cant ask for more then that.

Listen to cleary this will take a few years for us to be truley truly competitive. Our boys are massively over achieving look at the big picture i would have taken 6-5 to start the year.

We have more money to spend than so we will grab a player or two a year and add talent to our dogs of war.

Im proud of them all even though we miss alot of tackles and make some momentum turning mistakes, we fight all the way not something we could have said for a long time
x2. This is a team that was expected to finish in the bottom 3. If you told me at the start of the year we'd still be in the 8 after round 11 I would have insisted you lay off the ice. We made a ton of errors yet kept them to only a couple of penalty goals in the second half. Last year they would have run away with it and put 50 on us. The defensive attitude and scramble said plenty about the culture at the club.