It Takes Longer then a year to Rebuild a Club

Magpie Magic

Re: It Takes Longer then a year to Rebuild a Club

Post by Magpie Magic » Thu 17 May, 2018 11:57 pm

Played a team that will be one of the main chances away with little SH ball and conceded 2 tries. Wasn't good enough but good signs in defence.
I just thought we were simply too 1 out In attack with no support and when a few offloads came someone dropped it and even the passes that stuck were not fluent.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix really.
Reynolds,Fanuoa and Lolohea might be useful for a bit of spark .

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:10 am

This is a team of triers. If they all play well in same game we can beat most teams. However, if a few are off like tonight , we will struggle to beat any team. No match winners in the club. Mostly journeymen rejects from other clubs. Cleary has done brilliantly to get the efforts out of them to date. Beyond all our expectations at start of the year. But toll is starting to take place on our style of game. Difficult to continue to play arm wrestle football for a season. We need to invest in some match winners to compete for top 8 level.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:48 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:07 pm
I dont think its bipolar.

I think most people are realistic about what this team can do.

I dont want to speak for the majority but I think most can see progress as a club.
Youre right...sometimes its hard to see the bigger picture of a few years away straight after 80 minutes of rubbish

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:01 am

I think the beginning of the year exceeded our expectations. But 1 from our last 5 is poor. Yeah it’s a rebuild but man, I’ve been hearing this for years. Tigers need to make the top 8 this year and give the fans something. It’s been too long. Talk rebuild all you like but you know what, just make the 8.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:14 am

Magpie Magic wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:57 pm
Played a team that will be one of the main chances away with little SH ball and conceded 2 tries. Wasn't good enough but good signs in defence.
I just thought we were simply too 1 out In attack with no support and when a few offloads came someone dropped it and even the passes that stuck were not fluent.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix really.
Reynolds,Fanuoa and Lolohea might be useful for a bit of spark .
It looks to me that if another team gets up and in our face early we lose composure. Its what we do well to others but we don't handle it well when it happens to us. Dropped balls, panic offloads gifting the opposition position. As Ivan said it was always going to be difficult, Penrith at Penrith, but we helped them win that.
"Quality Stupidity"

LCA

Post by LCA » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:38 am

Penrith gave us the first real indicator of where we're at in 2018. Obvious signs of progress and probably exceeding expectations, so far. But, class will always prevail in the end and we just don't have enough of it in this 2018 squad to be a serious contender. That's not a criticism and i'm proud to be a member and fan. I like the way the club is heading.

Benji is being asked to do more than I think he was signed for and, despite some stellar first few rounds, he's not providing enough attacking spark and is a liability with his grab tackles. He should be the first to be benched when better options present themselves.

Who's our game changer? It's not Brooks and it's not Marshall. I don't think we've got one.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:47 am

LCA wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 6:38 am
Penrith gave us the first real indicator of where we're at in 2018. Obvious signs of progress and probably exceeding expectations, so far. But, class will always prevail in the end and we just don't have enough of it in this 2018 squad to be a serious contender. That's not a criticism and i'm proud to be a member and fan. I like the way the club is heading.

Benji is being asked to do more than I think he was signed for and, despite some stellar first few rounds, he's not providing enough attacking spark and is a liability with his grab tackles. He should be the first to be benched when better options present themselves.

Who's our game changer? It's not Brooks and it's not Marshall. I don't think we've got one.
I think part of our problem last night was their defensive line speed putting the pressure on. ET gave one dimensional poor service at dummy half, Marshall lost his composure, so we didn't pose enough threat from enough places. Several others lost composure as well trying to force offloads or dropping the ball. Brooks can be a game changer but he has to have something to work with.
"Quality Stupidity"

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:52 am

I really feel for Brooks he is really having a go even though I have been critical in the past ....PLEASE get a decent 5/8 to help him.
This has been one of the glaring problems with Brooks development he has never had a decent top class player next to him ..I Reynolds fails get the CHQ book out !

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:15 am

I just dont think you can have a make shift dunmy half. Et is not the solution wasnt last year and isnt this year.
Penrith are contenders .While our attack offered nothing to kerp them tryless in the second half was a commedable.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:20 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:49 pm
We have been re building since 2006....enough already..
More like failure to launch since 2006

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:39 am

I like Sue but, I think he is getting to many Head injuries, Think Shannon Boyd would of been a good signing for us but the Horse has bolted.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:39 am

I dont think anyone went into last nights game thinking we could challenge for the Premiership.

We did however expect a lot better performance than what they gave us.

We didnt have any false expectations. Our expectations dont need to be adjusted. The playing squad needs to be adjusted.
Its an opinion!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:48 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 7:39 am
I dont think anyone went into last nights game thinking we could challenge for the Premiership.

We didnt have any false expectations. Our expectations dont need to be adjusted. The playing squad needs to be adjusted.
Well said

Buffalo

Post by Buffalo » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:50 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:49 pm
We have been re building since 2006....enough already..
Its Wests Tigers Mantra, be patient they said :roll:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:01 am

Its funny , Cleary was on NRL 360 and clearly said you have low points during a rebuild

Everyone commented and agreed with what he said during the week

Quite prophetic really , low point in attack that's for sure

But that wasn't Ivan's fault , the game plan early worked , the team got away from the game plan .........the rest is history

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:41 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 7:39 am

I'm not sure I agree Patriot. To risk stating the obvious, Rugby League is made up of attack and defence. When we look at our recent performances against Penrith:

1. In round 24 of 2016 we went to Penrith knowing that a win would consolidate our position in the top 8 - Penrith flogged us 40 - 10;

2. In round 2 last year, after a good win against Souths, we played Penrith at home and were flogged 36 - 2;

3. In round 22 last year Penrith beat us 28 - 14.

We played poorly last night and conceded only two tries. That is a substantial improvement compared to our recent performances against Penrith.

Cleary is basing his approach this year on attitude in defence, and it's working. We are heading in the right direction. I would take last night effort against Penrith over our last three efforts.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:42 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 8:01 am
Its funny , Cleary was on NRL 360 and clearly said you have low points during a rebuild

Everyone commented and agreed with what he said during the week

Quite prophetic really , low point in attack that's for sure

But that wasn't Ivan's fault , the game plan early worked , the team got away from the game plan .........the rest is history
They may have stuck to the game plan but they just couldn't execute. Too much effective pressure, and several players lost their composure.
"Quality Stupidity"

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:15 am

We will not make the 8. We are a well drilled committed team with massive efforts.

It is hard to maintain that effort every weekend over a full season.

The above is not enough to overcome a lack of speed, skill and talent. 50% of our squad are fringe first graders