happy tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:07 pm
Demps wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:04 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 1:59 pm

Jackson , Klemmer and Woods last chance to push their SOO claims

They'll show up
Surely one good game against the tigers won't be enough to get Woods a start?
He's been atrocious all year.

Klemmer will get a go tho and Jackson is likely... Woods tho? They'd be having a laugh to pick him instead of the others on offer.
Unless he has got a call from Fittler he will think he is still a chance ,incumbency still counts to a small degree
Hope he gets picked.
He is rubbish.

And us QLDers 🇶🇦 will be celebrating the victory whilst Woods cries some more hugging his tigers inflated Woods doll, wishing he never left.
If we win it will be against the odds Demps

Maybe not the 1995 miracle , but it will be a great against the wall series win :mrgreen:

Some Billy inspiration

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 22 May, 2018 2:16 pm

happy tiger wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 1:18 pm
Woods is a great player we can’t deny that

He’ll turn up especially against us..... but it won’t be enough imo

They'll show up
Packer Taylor Matulino Marsters Marshall pushing for Kiwi selection...we will smash them
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 22 May, 2018 2:18 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:16 pm
Demps wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:06 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 10:41 am
Who cares.

Why are we talking about Canterbury players?

Let alone a thread.
57 votes and the thread is thriving.
The fans care.

Who are ya
Not worth a reply.
😂 ♥ But did anyway.
All in fun champ.

🥂
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 22 May, 2018 2:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Demps wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:10 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:07 pm
Demps wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:04 pm

Surely one good game against the tigers won't be enough to get Woods a start?
He's been atrocious all year.

Klemmer will get a go tho and Jackson is likely... Woods tho? They'd be having a laugh to pick him instead of the others on offer.
Unless he has got a call from Fittler he will think he is still a chance ,incumbency still counts to a small degree
Hope he gets picked.
He is rubbish.

And us QLDers 🇶🇦 will be celebrating the victory whilst Woods cries some more hugging his tigers inflated Woods doll, wishing he never left.
If we win it will be against the odds Demps

Maybe not the 1995 miracle , but it will be a great against the wall series win :mrgreen:

Some Billy inspiration

#confident
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 2:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 1:18 pm
Woods is a great player we can’t deny that

He’ll turn up especially against us..... but it won’t be enough imo

They'll show up
Packer Taylor Matulino Marsters Marshall pushing for Kiwi selection...we will smash them
Hoping that game fall's flat on its face :pray: Pick a NZ side that doesn't play , let it count as a Test best win/win for us

Marshall really , really , really , :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 22 May, 2018 2:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 12:54 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 9:56 pm
You dont need to be tech savvy to time the play the ball - its simple count and compare. When Woods got bagged for his slow play the balls last year. Watched him and compared with others in the team and on average he was no slower than any other player - roughly 3 seconds - and no significant difference to suggest that he was slower than any other players in the team like he was constantly accused of.
Funnily enough Teddy was often the slowest. Couldn't be bothered bringing it up cause knew it would be howled down.
If you're doing it for stats for the entire comp then you'd need to be.
I sometimes compare ours to our opposition's ptb when we are getting dominated... Not so much this year... Sometimes ours is noticeably slower but I only have ever done it for a short period.
The pay-off with Woods slow ptb was he often got a good offload away
Agree that to get a level of accuracy their would be far superior methods. But what it did make obvious that the focus on Woods being significantly slower at playing the ball than others seems largely exaggerated - yet it gathered momentum and it has stuck.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 22 May, 2018 3:08 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 8:58 am
Woods will kill us.....he’s a very good player. Not sure where his offload has gone....we wouldn’t of won a game without him last year, carried our pack. I would have him back at half price.
Woods has 21 offloads this year, that's a fair amount?

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 22 May, 2018 4:39 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 3:08 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Woods will kill us.....he’s a very good player. Not sure where his offload has gone....we wouldn’t of won a game without him last year, carried our pack. I would have him back at half price.
Haven’t seen him do any for past few games? Have you got stats on that?

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:04 pm

Origin spot up for selection, he will dig in an have a decent go.
get up in his face, and smash him to the gorund.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:16 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:04 pm
Origin spot up for selection, he will dig in an have a decent go.
get up in his face, and smash him to the gorund.
Love to see the boys put him back in his shell.
Packer right in his face...
Would be amazing.
#Unbeatable

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:21 pm

He carried us a lot last year but him and Foran have been two of the biggest dud signings this year.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:35 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:21 pm
He carried us a lot last year but him and Foran have been two of the biggest dud signings this year.
We can't throw too many stones re: dud signings though. We got Milne, McQueen and Reynolds....
Still hope for Reynolds though if he can manage his tissue-paper body through a game or 2.

rozelle rudy

Post by rozelle rudy » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:37 pm

Woods will probably go OK, neither carving up or having a poor game.
He will run hard and bend our line, he still can do that.
He will be playing for his origin spot, but will need to be a leading part of a winning pack to achieve that.
I hope he doesn't achieve either a win or an Origin spot.
But gloating over how he's been going this year might just backfire on us.

I won't do it.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:38 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:35 pm
upthetigers wrote:
We can't throw too many stones re: dud signings though. We got Milne, McQueen and Reynolds....
Still hope for Reynolds though if he can manage his tissue-paper body through a game or 2.
In the case of Milne yes. McQueen had a serious injury after he was signed so was never going to feature strongly at the beginning of the season. Reynolds has played 20 minutes of football, you can't base anything on that. He was made one of the captains so he must have been showing good signs early on.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:52 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:38 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:35 pm
upthetigers wrote:
In the case of Milne yes. McQueen had a serious injury after he was signed so was never going to feature strongly at the beginning of the season. Reynolds has played 20 minutes of football, you can't base anything on that. He was smade one of the captains so he must have been showing good signs early on.
Im not knocking Reynolds, i hope he is our best player for the rest of the season.
Basing my statement on value for money, so far Reynolds would be behind Woods and Stiletto Foran in that regard. He is only value to us if he is consistently on the field or else we have the highest paid motivational speaker/cheerleader in our history.
McQueens injury after we had signed him was very unfortunate and untimely for our club considering he's on 400k per annum or thereabouts. A medically-induced retirement will be the only chance we have to recoup any value out of him unfortunately. Harsh but true.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:21 am
Not a shot at the thread Demps , but if the players take the Bulldogs as easy as some on the Forum are taking them we will be in for a rude shock

This will be a tight game , their forward pack will match up well with us

Klemmer ,Woods ,Jackson , RFM if back

I'll be happy if we get the two points injury free and move on to the following game
They started poorly, but are getting better with each game. They have been thereabouts in their past 4 matches, winning against Parra and had no luck ref-wise against Broncos and Sharks. We'd be mad to think this is a shoe in win.

It might go down to who the refs actually favour for this one - both clubs have had the rough end of the pineapple in most of their matches this year. Don't think Woods has been as bad as the OP makes out either.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:41 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 4:39 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 3:08 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Haven’t seen him do any for past few games? Have you got stats on that?
Yes NRL posted an article about it, 21 offloads, see p3 of this thread.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:46 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 2:22 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 12:54 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 9:56 pm
You dont need to be tech savvy to time the play the ball - its simple count and compare. When Woods got bagged for his slow play the balls last year. Watched him and compared with others in the team and on average he was no slower than any other player - roughly 3 seconds - and no significant difference to suggest that he was slower than any other players in the team like he was constantly accused of.
Funnily enough Teddy was often the slowest. Couldn't be bothered bringing it up cause knew it would be howled down.
If you're doing it for stats for the entire comp then you'd need to be.
I sometimes compare ours to our opposition's ptb when we are getting dominated... Not so much this year... Sometimes ours is noticeably slower but I only have ever done it for a short period.
The pay-off with Woods slow ptb was he often got a good offload away
Agree that to get a level of accuracy their would be far superior methods. But what it did make obvious that the focus on Woods being significantly slower at playing the ball than others seems largely exaggerated - yet it gathered momentum and it has stuck.
This year.. Other years he has been very slow.