Geo. wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:33 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:24 pm
LOL

Yeah nah.
Offers nothing.

I feel that is very negative..

his work in the lead up to Nofoaluma's TRY was good..
Negative comment for a negative performance.

Mbye is way better
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:36 pm

Mbye does everything Tui does and then some :) Decent signing

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:36 pm

Since the thread is gone, I'll repeat myself here.

Even some of his bad plays lead to points, unless we replace him with another fullback who an play as a second 5/8 like Mbye then this is our best lineup 1-5

I'd have JR at 6 as Tui and Benji can both overplay, although Benji played much better today.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:37 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:34 pm
Geo. wrote:
Demps wrote:
LOL

Yeah nah.
Offers nothing.

Mbye is way better
I agree with that too...regarding Mbye over Lolohea..

But to say Lolohea offers nothing is negative..I think he is more a 5/8th than a Fullback but we have a few more of them ATM
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:37 pm

Jay wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:31 pm
His kick for Lawrence try was luck, they had an easier option quick passes for the overlap. Kick isn't worth raving about :) Good effort by Lawrence
I look at it another way. It was a very good effort for Lolahea to chime in from fullback and create the extra man. When he kicked towards the line the defence was concentrating on the overlap and the kick surprised them. Anyway it was the kick and Lawrence's great effort that won Tigers the game.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:38 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:36 pm

Even some of his bad plays lead to points, unless we replace him with another fullback who an play as a second 5/8 like Mbye then this is our best lineup 1-5

I'd have JR at 6 as Tui and Benji can both overplay, although Benji played much better today.
Your thread was merged into this one mate as it's a thread already on Tui. Your post is in it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:39 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:37 pm
Jay wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:31 pm
His kick for Lawrence try was luck, they had an easier option quick passes for the overlap. Kick isn't worth raving about :) Good effort by Lawrence
I look at it another way. It was a very good effort for Lolahea to chime in from fullback and create the extra man. When he kicked towards the line the defence was concentrating on the overlap and the kick surprised them. Anyway it was the kick and Lawrence's great effort that won Tigers the game.
Fair enough

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:40 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:38 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:36 pm

Your thread was merged into this one mate as it's a thread already on Tui. Your post is in it.
Thanks mate, I didn't realise.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:43 pm

Lawrence's heroics saved him, the kick was, the worst, about 0.0001% option. If it wasn't for Lawrence that would be change of momentum

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:37 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:34 pm
Geo. wrote:
Demps wrote:
LOL

Yeah nah.
Offers nothing.

Mbye is way better
I agree with that too...regarding Mbye over Lolohea..

But to say Lolohea offers nothing is negative..I think he is more a 5/8th than a Fullback but we have a few more of them ATM
Looks like he thinks he's a 5/8 too...
Hes been mismanaged his whole career.
Just doesn't seem to fit into the team.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Ivan cleary

Post by Ivan cleary » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:45 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:43 pm
Lawrence's heroics saved him, the kick was, the worst, about 0.0001% option. If it wasn't for Lawrence that would be change of momentum
MAHE was right next to him and worse case senario we get a repeat set. We scored a try I don’t get the complaints

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:46 pm

I actually thought he was ok. Obviously had that howler, but felt he ran it back strong and was a constant threat on overlaps. He finally seemed to show a bit of that burst in his first step he had in his Warriors days and at stages last year. Can easily get on the outside of his man and set-up the centre/winger when he does that. Perfect example was Nofoaluma's try.

Also don't forget we're 4 from 4 with Lolohea. I don't think it's exactly a coincidence, he is very vocal at the back and tends to have our line set well. The only linebreaks I can think of are from poor 1 on 1 misses and the try they scored was on Chee-Kam or Marsters (One of them overcommitted but can't remember). Either that or we just happen to get very lucky with him at the back, I don't know.

There's enough positives we can take out of that to think he can grow into the role and make an impact as the season goes on. At his best he definitely offers more than Thompson and I feel that if he really is getting back into match shape and over the knee niggle, he should be an asset.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:47 pm

Got a lot more involved in the second half and paid dividends as he had direct hand in two tries.

I'm not upset at his output in the second half, injected himself well.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Ivan cleary

Post by Ivan cleary » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:48 pm

Lukic wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:46 pm
I actually thought he was ok. Obviously had that howler, but felt he ran it back strong and was a constant threat on overlaps. He finally seemed to show a bit of that burst in his first step he had in his Warriors days and at stages last year. Can easily get on the outside of his man and set-up the centre/winger when he does that. Perfect example was Nofoaluma's try.

Also don't forget we're 4 from 4 with Lolohea. I don't think it's exactly a coincidence, he is very vocal at the back and tends to have our line set well. The only linebreaks I can think of are from poor 1 on 1 misses and the try they scored was on Chee-Kam or Marsters (One of them overcommitted but can't remember). Either that or we just happen to get very lucky with him at the back, I don't know.

There's enough positives we can take out of that to think he can grow into the role and make an impact as the season goes on. At his best he definitely offers more than Thompson and I feel that if he really is getting back into match shape and over the knee niggle, he should be an asset.
X2

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:50 pm

Thought he was pretty poor besides the work he did for Nofa’s try and thanks to Lawrence his kick into the line

But in reality with the list we have now him playing fullback and Thompson playing wing is our best way to approach it.... until mbye comes of course

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:54 pm

Tui back to reggies. Thompson to FB until Mbye gets here....

TheHawk

Post by TheHawk » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:59 pm

Lukic wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:46 pm

What a wank this whole nonsense is that we've won 4 from 4 with him this year like it's all his doing. Load of garbage.

Again I remind everyone there was never once a play we've run this year where Thompson was in a position like Lolohea was for Nofo's try.

Irrespective of all this, the reasons why he isn't a first grade standard fullback still showed tonight. His positioning at the back is sub-par and his effort is disgraceful. It's fortunate that the Bulldogs didn't make more linebreaks because he wasn't stopping anyone. He got saved by Brooks and then saved by Masters.

On the particular one that Brooks saved him, watch the replay again. What exactly was he doing? He was walking.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 27 May, 2018 7:00 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:47 pm
Got a lot more involved in the second half and paid dividends as he had direct hand in two tries.

I'm not upset at his output in the second half, injected himself well.
I didn’t see the first half but seemed to work into the game throughout the second half