Top 8

User avatar
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Top 8

Post by quintus » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:54 am

Forget about the games we have played and concentrate on the games ahead (one at a time)....I'm looking forward to our win today.... "GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS".... :sign:


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6084
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:03 am

Not clear on the obsession with the Knights and Parra games, we could have won the Broncos one as well, or got much closer to the Warriors without the double sin-binnings.

Also we don't have to win the next two games, not at all, that kind of pressure is silly.

Win half the games plus one if what we need, so we are right on target.

We are highly competitive this year. So no game should be "must win" unless you are talking the final rounds, and every game is a potential win.

Every team is going to drop games against lower sides: the comp is very even this year.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:28 am

barra wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 1:51 pm
underdog wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 8:55 am
We will do well over the origin weeks as our team will pretty much stay the same
I hope so. But when you look at the draw, the effected rounds (before and after SOO games) are against Roosters, Sharks, Raiders and Titans, who probably won't be supplying too many players to Origin?

We play Saints the week after SOO 3 which could play in our favour, they'll likely be feeling the heat by then...
You're kidding aren't you? Freddy's team will be stacked with Roosters! Cronulla will have a few missing also I would imagine - well at least Holmes and Graham.

User avatar
weststigers
Member
Member
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by weststigers » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:57 am

The team copped it about losing to Penrith last week, but they came out and pumped St George 28-2 last night.

We are good for a 6-10th place finish this year. The bounce of the ball will decide whether it is 6th or 10th.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29616
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:01 am

weststigers wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:57 am
The team copped it about losing to Penrith last week, but they came out and pumped St George 28-2 last night.

We are good for a 6-10th place finish this year. The bounce of the ball will decide whether it is 6th or 10th.

happy said the Dragons are only in 2nd gear..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2852
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 12:43 pm

Warble wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 7:42 am
I was a little deflated after last weeks loss to Penrith. However, after watching the ladder leading Dragons get bashed and the score reaching 16-2, our scoreline last week v Panthers, with still 20 to go, Isaw a silver lining.. Our defence was very solid. We gave them too much ball through silly errors.
There are good things to come.
16-2 last week against the Panthers who put 28 points on the premiership favourites St George last night, our showing last week was pretty good by those standards.
Even though we didn’t play that good against the Panthers, that’s why I think we are a lot further in front than Ivan expected this year.
Still supporters are knifing our club.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3738
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 2:01 pm
Origin has a less impact this year...as all teams will only play one game without Origin players where in the past it was sometimes 2...

All teams have a BYE before Origin 11 and the other BYE before either Origin 1 or 111 our is before 111...

So as barra says we play Dragons after 111 with their Origin players available..the Rorters before 1 so i guess that's good..
Origin 2 is on the weekend with no club games. We could have a few players flying to Denver that weekend for the NZ v England test. Packer, Marsters, Marshall, Matulino,

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2332
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 28 May, 2018 1:38 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:28 am
barra wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 1:51 pm
underdog wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 8:55 am
We will do well over the origin weeks as our team will pretty much stay the same
I hope so. But when you look at the draw, the effected rounds (before and after SOO games) are against Roosters, Sharks, Raiders and Titans, who probably won't be supplying too many players to Origin?

We play Saints the week after SOO 3 which could play in our favour, they'll likely be feeling the heat by then...
You're kidding aren't you? Freddy's team will be stacked with Roosters! Cronulla will have a few missing also I would imagine - well at least Holmes and Graham.
No Spud, not kidding mate! Maybe 3 or 4 from the Rorters which is good news, and don't think Graham will make the side.

But overall, that's still not many players from 4 teams.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Tue 29 May, 2018 8:49 am

gallagher wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 5:28 pm
Making the 8 for us will come down to the last 2 or 3 games. I'll start to worry then.
Except every game matters. We have 26 rounds, each round and each game matters and matters equally.
Ideally we want to win more then 13 matches and we should have a top 8 birth secured.

Stuff this attitude of "we will just win 4 in a row and make it". It outdid the Dragons last system.

I Reckon'd the Tigers were going to be 9-12 this season and just miss out on the 8. Now I am thinking we will just scrape in there.
But if we are we need good runs on the board now.

If we keep our heads, we should be able to Smash the Roosters next week. No Tedesco, Boyd Condom, Nappies and Lactate.
We loose, ah, No Body. Were only 2 wins from the top of the table at 14 points (top on 18 points). Lets run this home.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2332
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Tue 29 May, 2018 10:05 am

barra wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 1:38 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:28 am
barra wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 1:51 pm
underdog wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 8:55 am
We will do well over the origin weeks as our team will pretty much stay the same
I hope so. But when you look at the draw, the effected rounds (before and after SOO games) are against Roosters, Sharks, Raiders and Titans, who probably won't be supplying too many players to Origin?

We play Saints the week after SOO 3 which could play in our favour, they'll likely be feeling the heat by then...
You're kidding aren't you? Freddy's team will be stacked with Roosters! Cronulla will have a few missing also I would imagine - well at least Holmes and Graham.
No Spud, not kidding mate! Maybe 3 or 4 from the Rorters which is good news, and don't think Graham will make the side.

But overall, that's still not many players from 4 teams.
Well Spud you weren't wrong about the Chooks! 4 out of their team...
Just the one each from Sharks and Raiders though, so they'll still be basically the same, and 2 from Titans which will weaken them.
Dragons 4-5 players which will be good for us if they all get origin games.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 29 May, 2018 10:25 am

colmcd wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 8:49 am
gallagher wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 5:28 pm
Making the 8 for us will come down to the last 2 or 3 games. I'll start to worry then.
Except every game matters. We have 26 rounds, each round and each game matters and matters equally.
Ideally we want to win more then 13 matches and we should have a top 8 birth secured.

Stuff this attitude of "we will just win 4 in a row and make it". It outdid the Dragons last system.

I Reckon'd the Tigers were going to be 9-12 this season and just miss out on the 8. Now I am thinking we will just scrape in there.
But if we are we need good runs on the board now.

If we keep our heads, we should be able to Smash the Roosters next week. No Tedesco, Boyd Condom, Nappies and Lactate.
We loose, ah, No Body. Were only 2 wins from the top of the table at 14 points (top on 18 points). Lets run this home.
Every game matters does it? I had no idea. I thought a win in round 26 was worth 20 points.

Its a waste of time worrying about the 8 at this time of year. I just worry about each game at the moment.

Post Reply