What's the worst win you can remember?

supercoach

Re: What's the worst win you can remember?

Post by supercoach » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:50 am

It has to be remembered the Dogs have matched it with every side they have come up against this year. Okay their attack is bog average, but they are a hard nut to crack as their defence is pretty good and they are physical.. So I take plenty of positives out of this game

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:52 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:35 am
It's the worst performance this year, but they still got the chocolates and that is the most important thing this year.

The second half was far better than the first, we only conceded a penalty goal and ran in three tries. Tui got involved, Reynolds gave us some spark from DH, and the pigs started running the ball from our own half.

I can see why everyone was on a downer after the first 40. We looked like garbage against a terrible team. I've long wanted a squad that is willing to win ugly, and we have it now.
That "terrible team " has lost about 6 games by 7 points or less. Cronulla only beat them by 7.

Did you notice Perenera's performance? Six times we had them pinned 5 meters from their line and he gave them a penalty.

I agree that they made some crazy errors, but not a bad performance just the same.

:righton: :righton:

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:04 am

The game against parra and we were up by heaps and scrape home by one. It was a loss that we got 2 points for. From memory they got like 5 try’s in 20 minutes or something just as disgusting

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:06 am

I'd love to know some ref stats, who wins under which REFS etc.

I heard last week thatbthe Broncos have won their last 15 games reffed by Gerrad Sutton. Henry Perenium has to be up there with the worst of all time. Has absolutely no feel for the game whatsoever, and you'd expect better from him. His reffing was so inconsistent, especially when you can hear a ref call milking, or award a lost ball only for Henry to overturn and award a penalty.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:15 am

Swordy wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 10:06 am

I heard last week thatbthe Broncos have won their last 15 games reffed by Gerrad Sutton. Henry Perenium has to be up there with the worst of all time. Has absolutely no feel for the game whatsoever, and you'd expect better from him. His reffing was so inconsistent, especially when you can hear a ref call milking, or award a lost ball only for Henry to overturn and award a penalty.
Just stumbled across this......can't comment on the accuracy of the numbers etc, but it is interesting indeed.....
https://afltables.com/rl/misc/Henry_Perenara.html
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:17 am

Swordy wrote:
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/team ... erees.html

The Badge - 46.2%

Henry the Octopus - 33.3%

We broke a 4 game losing streak with The Octopus yesterday.

Surprisingly, we haven't lost under The Badge this year :lol:

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:21 am

That was ugly. In the top 3 for our worst ever wins i'd say.

We were awful in attack. Too many errors, penalties. But our defence is solid for the most part. Happy to take a win like this seeing in previous years we'd have lost.

But I want to see improvement. We're halfway through the season now and our attack shouldn't be anywhere near as disjointed as it is. So many awful passes high and behind players, and players standing either way too deep or shallow. We're not going to be perfect but our discipline is still way too poor - even if that does also come down to crap refs.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:21 am

Three with the Badge this year. Could do worse than getting him again next week.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:24 am

shiretiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 10:17 am
Swordy wrote:
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/team ... erees.html

The Badge - 46.2%

Henry the Octopus - 33.3%

We broke a 4 game losing streak with The Octopus yesterday.

Surprisingly, we haven't lost under The Badge this year :lol:
Badge took Kleins spot yesterday

Looking at those stats with Tim Mander we had a 27.8% win rate...

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:53 am

in 2010 when we beat the Broncos when Mitch Brown scored in the last few mins, it was a ugly win, but a very happy win because we rarely beat the Broncos. I like the wins that we don't look like winning they are great.

Dazza-96

Post by Dazza-96 » Mon 28 May, 2018 3:11 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 10:04 am
The game against parra and we were up by heaps and scrape home by one. It was a loss that we got 2 points for. From memory they got like 5 try’s in 20 minutes or something just as disgusting
This is the one that came to my mind. I was at this and I remember just falling back into my seat after the game ended and couldn't tell how I felt about it

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:01 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 10:04 am
It was 31-0 after 68 mins

Fulltime 31-30

Never seen anything like it

The 09-12 side had so much talent but was ridiculously mentally weak. Put this sides mentality in that side and we probably win 2 premierships

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:13 pm

There was a game against the sharks late in the season at LO a few years back... Played like crap but still got the choccys

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:20 pm

I can't see how you could be upset with that game. We gave away so many penalties and errors that they should have won easily. But, we just found a way to win. 3 tries to 1 btw. They scored in the 5th minute and then didn't score another after that.

Also, the Bulldogs didn't play that bad. especially in the first half. We just tired them out with our defence and stuck to the game plan.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.