The Attack..

Post Reply
User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29367
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

The Attack..

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:41 pm

A genuine focus on offloads second phase and throwing the ball around this week often shifting from our own end...

Brooks commented that they had worked on this throughout the week ..

Our forwards again lacked metres for mine with only Rowdy 127m and Mataulino 101m cracking the ton..whereas Fonua 180m and Nofoaluma 172m doing the bulk of the work..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:41 pm
A genuine focus on offloads second phase and throwing the ball around this week often shifting from our own end...

Brooks commented that they had worked on this throughout the week ..

Our forwards again lacked metres for mine with only Rowdy 127m and Mataulino 101m cracking the ton..whereas Fonua 180m and Nofoaluma 172m doing the bulk of the work..
Lolohea 157 meters
Chee-Kam 106 meters
But who's counting ?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29367
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:51 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:41 pm
A genuine focus on offloads second phase and throwing the ball around this week often shifting from our own end...

Brooks commented that they had worked on this throughout the week ..

Our forwards again lacked metres for mine with only Rowdy 127m and Mataulino 101m cracking the ton..whereas Fonua 180m and Nofoaluma 172m doing the bulk of the work..
Lolohea 157 meters
Chee-Kam 106 meters
But who's counting ?
Well I'm sorry when I looked the mighty Chee-Kam was 97m...apologies to him..

the point was tho we threw the ball around an offloaded a hell of a lot more than against the Pamfers..I hope it continues and if the pack can get some more ascendancy as a unit like earlier in the year..better times ahead..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:51 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:41 pm
A genuine focus on offloads second phase and throwing the ball around this week often shifting from our own end...

Brooks commented that they had worked on this throughout the week ..

Our forwards again lacked metres for mine with only Rowdy 127m and Mataulino 101m cracking the ton..whereas Fonua 180m and Nofoaluma 172m doing the bulk of the work..
Lolohea 157 meters
Chee-Kam 106 meters
But who's counting ?
Well I'm sorry when I looked the mighty Chee-Kam was 97m...apologies to him..

the point was tho we threw the ball around an offloaded a hell of a lot more than against the Pamfers..I hope it continues and if the pack can get some more ascendancy as a unit like earlier in the year..better times ahead..
You'd hope so .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5498
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:00 pm

Attack was clunky as buggery today. Late offloads saved our bacon in the end.
Liddle's service was abysmal from dummy half- not good enough for 1st grade, he seems to have the body and resilience of an 80 year old. Disappointed in his game today, not sure if he was playing injured or not.


upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:16 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:00 pm
Attack was clunky as buggery today. Late offloads saved our bacon in the end.
Liddle's service was abysmal from dummy half- not good enough for 1st grade, he seems to have the body and resilience of an 80 year old. Disappointed in his game today, not sure if he was playing injured or not.
Liddle just doesn't look like he's enjoying his football, i don't know if it's because of the injury or what.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:22 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:00 pm
Attack was clunky as buggery today. Late offloads saved our bacon in the end.
Liddle's service was abysmal from dummy half- not good enough for 1st grade, he seems to have the body and resilience of an 80 year old. Disappointed in his game today, not sure if he was playing injured or not.
Sadly I agree, Liddle's service out of dummy half wasn't the best. Playing with a lot of padding across the chest and possibly discomfort so his passing maybe impeded. Just looks like a dear in the headlights at times and freezes up.

Taylor isn't the best option at 9 either. Reynolds lifted the team and played well out of dummy half. He was ordinary in the trials and 1st outing but was good today.

We need to fix this as it didn't help our game today.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33022
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:55 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:16 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:00 pm
Attack was clunky as buggery today. Late offloads saved our bacon in the end.
Liddle's service was abysmal from dummy half- not good enough for 1st grade, he seems to have the body and resilience of an 80 year old. Disappointed in his game today, not sure if he was playing injured or not.
Liddle just doesn't look like he's enjoying his football, i don't know if it's because of the injury or what.
He's definitely not 100%. But regarding the second phase play, it was an aspect of our game which had disappeared over the past few weeks. Perhaps the fact we had not been doing it consistently was why it was so clunky today, or it was just one of those days.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6049
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 27 May, 2018 11:08 pm

One thing I noticed is that Tigers shifted the ball A LOT, especially second half. Clear plan to run the Dogs forwards around and for several sets we made really strong yards up the edges.

Thing about this strategy is the next hitup after a shift wide is almost certainly from a back. And when you have Fonua, Marsters, Nofo in the backs, they are happy to put their hands up for a run, what often ends up being strong run. Sharks won the comp 2 yrs ago on the back of terrific backline work early in the set.

So yeah the forwards down a bit on metres, but we still ran for 110m more than the Dogs despite taking 3 less runs, making 70 more tackles, giving away 11-7 penalties and having 49% possession.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 11:29 pm

I would like Fonua and MCK to be more selective with their offloads.

We definatly were not looking to go up the middle much this game, was a good game plan. The dogs forwards were gone at the end.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Mon 28 May, 2018 12:27 am

We started playing well when Reynolds was on - that was a really good cameo from him. Liddle was poor today, but I think we need keep a specialist number 9 in the lineup each week. The offloading was great, and it helps us that our next 5 games are on sunday’s So hopefully we can keep that up. I noticed the shifting of the ball too - it seemed like a particular plan to give early wide ball to Fonua.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Post Reply