Tui never fullback again

Glennb

Re: Tui never fullback again

Post by Glennb » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:43 am
tonza wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:26 am
First loss with Tui at fullback and by 2 points. Lets hang him. Dumb play by other forum favourites, its OK. Wake up, this loss today was in no way Tui's fault.
Nothing tops Fonua tapping the ball forward from his own in goal, but somehow that doesn't rate a mention.
And there is a reason that Fonua's brain snap doesnt rate a mention and it backs up 90% of the posts in this thread. Fonua gets a free pass for this and a few other brain snaps because it is clear that he is busting a gut and putting in maximum effort for the entire time he is on the field.

Thats the whole point! Tui is a gifted player, has skills and an ideal physique (when fit) but he appears to simply not put in. Thats the thing that is cruelling him.

I am a Tui fan. Was happy when we bought him, was happy when he was selected at fullback but I've been worried about him. To be blunt when Morris scored last game and Tui lazily strolled over and stopped and watched Morris scamper straight past him to improve the angle for the kick by 20m, he lost me. it was at that point I realised he either doesnt have the smarts ofa 1st grade fullback or is simply too lazy/unmotivated. Either is terminal for a player in his position.

I'd be happy not to see him at FB for the rest of the year and I unfortunately dont see another position on the field where he would be an improvement on what we have.

Not a massive Mbye fan but he will be a massive upgrade on Tui.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 3:19 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 6:30 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 5:59 am
A ball hit him on the head as he was hassled by offside players - let's hang him!!!!
He ducked and aborted the challenge when he knew the roosters player was going to contact him, thats why the falcon occured, he took his eyes off the ball, off everything, he was cowering......its his job as fullback to take high balls and he dogged it there, very soft
Spot on Ink, no guts, determination or interest, like last week when he watched Morris run around behind him in goal to score. :bash
I am one who had high hopes for him but he just doesn’t seem to want to get involved enough.
I can forgive him the falcon because on watching it a few times he might have just ducked his head at the last second to avoid the ball hitting him square in the face.
He really needs to push himself more as he’s got more natural talent than just about everybody in the team.
Ivan’s job to get it out of him or show him the door.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 3:25 pm

Glennb wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
tonza wrote:
First loss with Tui at fullback and by 2 points. Lets hang him. Dumb play by other forum favourites, its OK. Wake up, this loss today was in no way Tui's fault.
Nothing tops Fonua tapping the ball forward from his own in goal, but somehow that doesn't rate a mention.
And there is a reason that Fonua's brain snap doesnt rate a mention and it backs up 90% of the posts in this thread. Fonua gets a free pass for this and a few other brain snaps because it is clear that he is busting a gut and putting in maximum effort for the entire time he is on the field.

Thats the whole point! Tui is a gifted player, has skills and an ideal physique (when fit) but he appears to simply not put in. Thats the thing that is cruelling him.

I am a Tui fan. Was happy when we bought him, was happy when he was selected at fullback but I've been worried about him. To be blunt when Morris scored last game and Tui lazily strolled over and stopped and watched Morris scamper straight past him to improve the angle for the kick by 20m, he lost me. it was at that point I realised he either doesnt have the smarts ofa 1st grade fullback or is simply too lazy/unmotivated. Either is terminal for a player in his position.

I'd be happy not to see him at FB for the rest of the year and I unfortunately dont see another position on the field where he would be an improvement on what we have.

Despite his size(same as Slater btw)I think Cory is a massice upgrade on Tui AND Mbyte....hes smart,committed,and athletic.
I have no idea why he didnt get the gig over mbyte,who in 5 yrs at the Dogs has had maybe a dozen games where hes made a difference.
Tuis only position next year will be centre,but needs a complete attitude shift(and a weight shift!)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 3:41 pm

Glennb wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
tonza wrote:

As an overall player he probably is, as a fullback the jury is out as Mbye hasn't established himself. As you say, Tui has the talent. He needs to lift.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 3:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 7:08 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 7:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 6:10 pm
With Noffa looking like he’ll be out for a few weeks I’d say he’ll be staying put.
Do you still think that Mbye is only a small upgrade on Tui?
Yes
.....what about now champ?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 3:52 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 3:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 7:08 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 7:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 6:10 pm
With Noffa looking like he’ll be out for a few weeks I’d say he’ll be staying put.
Do you still think that Mbye is only a small upgrade on Tui?
Yes
.....what about now champ?
Opinion still the same....Champ

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 3:54 pm

Tui is a disappointment. I looked forward to him coming but he is obviously not investing in becoming a regular first grader. Looks so slow out there...

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 3:57 pm

Mbye can't come soon enough.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:01 pm

He can't tackle because he doesn't know how too..other teams will pray for him to stay where he is.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:17 pm

Has the talent, but not the mental toughness.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:26 pm

So I guess he didn’t play well ..... Huh?

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:34 am

The Old Fox wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:01 pm
He can't tackle because he doesn't know how too..other teams will pray for him to stay where he is.
He can't tackle because he is slow. It is nothing to do with his tackling technique. He is so slow laterally and we all witnessed it on the opening day when Ferguson ran around him without even trying. Thankfully, there hasn't been to many one on ones for Tui yet, but yesterday was embarrasing. Even Luke Lewis ran around him in about the 10th minute.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:57 am

I haven't seen much of his talent since he Signed with us.

I would say he is average quality player. Can't defended and has no awareness.

Didn't even realise he didn't have the ball wrapped up with the Gallen try. Only just managed to get a hand on the Sharks last try scorer and was no where to be seen in many attacking plays.

It was argued that he he was better than Thompson at FB because he was a ball player. That maybe true but you have to get yourselves involved to do so. One thing that is missing now that Tui is fullback is the energy. Thompson was everywhere, he would follow each play and still get back to make the big tackles.

I'm not saying we win if tui wasn't fullback and Thompson was. I'm just saying that if tun is keen to be a FG FB then he needs to improve significantly.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:03 am

TCL wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:57 am
I haven't seen much of his talent since he Signed with us.

I would say he is average quality player. Can't defended and has no awareness.

Didn't even realise he didn't have the ball wrapped up with the Gallen try. Only just managed to get a hand on the Sharks last try scorer and was no where to be seen in many attacking plays.

It was argued that he he was better than Thompson at FB because he was a ball player. That maybe true but you have to get yourselves involved to do so. One thing that is missing now that Tui is fullback is the energy. Thompson was everywhere, he would follow each play and still get back to make the big tackles.

I'm not saying we win if tui wasn't fullback and Thompson was. I'm just saying that if tun is keen to be a FG FB then he needs to improve significantly.
He has the talent, but not the application. It happens. Look at Suli. Owen Craigie was the undisputed king, I could not disagree more when you get some comparing him to Rankin. He’s nothing like Rankin. Rankin was a career reserve grader who got a shot because we couldn’t afford anyone better. Tui has so much untapped talent which he has shown in first grade, but isn’t motivated enough. Those sorts of players are the most frustrating, cos you know they are capable of much better.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:12 am

On talent Tui is POTENTIALLY a better fullback than Thompson. Anything else Thompson has is over him in spades.
The transition to fullback for Tui isn’t complete yet and I believe he needs more time in reserve grade. If Cleary has decided to demote Liddle for the sake of his development than he should do that with Tui as well.
It might be this obsession that everybody seems to have with the tigers needing to be a better attacking team then they currently are that has Tui in the team and Thompson on the wing ATM.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:16 am

Naiqama on the other hand was great, in terms of application.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:20 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:16 am
Naiqama on the other hand was great, in terms of application.
Absolutely. Really proud of the way he’s transformed himself. And I say that as one of his biggest critics 12 months ago. I’d even go as far as saying I’m disappointed he’s leaving. He deserves some good coin though, and England is the place for him to get it.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:09 pm

What is the talent..please explain..sounds like cliche speak to me..

Kick returns ..nup ..tackle breaks nup..support play..nup..even passing..nup..under the high ball..nup ..As a fullback...NUP..

NEXT
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile