Tui never fullback again

TYGA

Re: Tui never fullback again

Post by TYGA » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm

There are currently a few weak links in the team:
1. Tui at fullback. Mbye the obvious replacement if it happens otherwise Thompson.
2. ET at hooker. Liddle has to come in when fit and play 80. Benji is worth a try could be like a Peter Wallace. He can tackle.
3. Benji at 6. Reynolds has to come in and play 80. I’d move benji to the bench or convert him to hooker. Couldn’t be worse than ET.
3. MCK/Rochow right edge. We need to sign someone to cover otherwise Aloai has to play well and earn the job.
4. We need an 80% Goal Kicker.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm
1. Tui at fullback. Mbye the obvious replacement if it happens otherwise Thompson.
2. ET at hooker. Liddle has to come in when fit and play 80. Benji is worth a try could be like a Peter Wallace. He can tackle.
3. Benji at 6. Reynolds has to come in and play 80. I’d move benji to the bench or convert him to hooker. Couldn’t be worse than ET.
3. MCK/Rochow right edge. We need to sign someone to cover otherwise Aloai has to play well and earn the job.
Regarding your 3rd point - is it time for McQueen to play 12?
Packer
Liddle
Matalino
Lawrence
McQueen
Taylor

Huth
Twal
Aloiai
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm

Can't say as he played that badly myself, how many bad things did he do that have warranted the barrage of criticism in this thread?

A ball hit him on the head as he was hassled by offside players - let's hang him!!!!

What else??????

He may not be the best fullback in the NRL but he is the best we have got at the moment.

Yes, I am still saying he is a better Fullback than Thompson (who's best position is on the wing).

There were any number of players out there today who deserve just as much, if not more rubbishing than the Fullback we had today.

Obviously he lost us the game - right?

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm

TYGA wrote:
Mbye's kicking percentage this year is 80.5%
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm
Can't say as he played that badly myself, how many bad things did he do that have warranted the barrage of criticism in this thread?

A ball hit him on the head as he was hassled by offside players - let's hang him!!!!

What else??????

He may not be the best fullback in the NRL but he is the best we have got at the moment.

Yes, I am still saying he is a better Fullback than Thompson (who's best position is on the wing).

There were any number of players out there today who deserve just as much, if not more rubbishing than the Fullback we had today.

Love is blind.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:05 pm

Name one other fullback in the NRL who couldn’t run down Victor Radley over 70m. Hes not willing to do the work to get fit, dump him.

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:06 pm

Russell wrote:

What else??????

I agree that we have more urgent concerns. We have 0 impact forwards and although the beasts (MCK and fonua) can do some good things they're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:06 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm
Russell wrote:

What else??????

Love is blind.
Smart as usual - just answer the question.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:10 pm

I thought he was disappointing today, when we had enough possession to really involve the fullback. One nice grubber is most of what I remember.

Thought he was ok last week.

I think the "fat" comments are wide of the mark. Several people have said they've seen him up close recently and he's not fat.

Furthermore some blokes are just a wide frame. Try telling me that Marsters or Fonua ars shredded. Kev is super ripped but doesn't make him a class footballer.

I personally don't think Cleary would be picking Lolo if he wasn't fit enough- he's already dropped blokes several times for not meeting their KPIs.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:10 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:06 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:

What else??????

Love is blind.
Thompson is the best fullback we have at the moment..

Then Kev ...

Then daylight!
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:21 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Regarding your 3rd point - is it time for McQueen to play 12?
Packer
Liddle
Matalino
Lawrence
McQueen
Taylor

Huth
Twal
Aloiai
McQueen is battling last week at Lidcombe looked like he is struggling at NSW Cup Level.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:22 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:10 pm
Russell wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:

What else??????

Love is blind.

Then Kev ...

Then daylight!
X2 Time to bring Kev back.
Need more props.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:25 pm

I am sure he will be charged with the Kennedy assassination as well
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:27 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:25 pm
According to some he’d be too lazy to raise the gun
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:28 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:27 pm
sheer64 wrote:
got to love the passion
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:40 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:10 pm
Russell wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:

What else??????

Love is blind.

Then Kev ...

Then daylight!
That is not answering the question (it is only your opinion).

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:51 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:27 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Props :roll

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 12:06 am

Russell wrote:

What else??????

I think Tui tries very hard and he didn’t lose us the game but he doesn’t seem to be a “natural” fullback. In defence he gets caught out of position a bit too much for mine, this leads to opposition defences getting to him too early. He doesn’t bring the ball back with enough pace either meaning we start our sets on the back foot. As was shown today, his lack of straight out pace is concerning.

He also dosen’t effectively interject himself into the Backline movements. He seems more comfortable playing in the line like a six would. I don’t believe it’s through a lack of effort and it may be an experience thing but the top grade is not where you should be learning.