Tui never fullback again

innsaneink

Re: Tui never fullback again

Post by innsaneink » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 5:59 am

A ball hit him on the head as he was hassled by offside players - let's hang him!!!!
He ducked and aborted the challenge when he knew the roosters player was going to contact him, thats why the falcon occured, he took his eyes off the ball, off everything, he was cowering......its his job as fullback to take high balls and he dogged it there, very soft

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 7:47 am

TYGA wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:21 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm
There are currently a few weak links in the team:
1. Tui at fullback. Mbye the obvious replacement if it happens otherwise Thompson.
2. ET at hooker. Liddle has to come in when fit and play 80. Benji is worth a try could be like a Peter Wallace. He can tackle.
3. Benji at 6. Reynolds has to come in and play 80. I’d move benji to the bench or convert him to hooker. Couldn’t be worse than ET.
3. MCK/Rochow right edge. We need to sign someone to cover otherwise Aloai has to play well and earn the job.
4. We need an 80% Goal Kicker.
Regarding your 3rd point - is it time for McQueen to play 12?
Packer
Liddle
Matalino
Lawrence
McQueen
Taylor

Huth
Twal
Aloiai
McQueen is battling last week at Lidcombe looked like he is struggling at NSW Cup Level.
Great buy! Looks like another player going the way of Jason Cayless and Matt Ballin :(

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 8:38 am

Lets put emotions and personal attacks on the players aside for the moment and really look at it from the outside,yesterdays defeat was a combination of many things.The ball handling errors and panic plays were the worst offenders..
I honestly think that Tui,Packer are still carrying injuries and are restricted in their playing capabilities,both have had bad knee injuries...Noffo getting injured early killed our go forward from the back on kick returns..Benji in my opinion is stifling Brooks,ET isn't a hooker but tries his best from dummy half,it is a problem many of us have seen for awhile,however this is the coaches call,he knows his players better than we do...Reynolds will be better in the halves,he injects enthusiasm into the team when he comes on and is a good defender and kicker when fully fit..As many have said it takes time for a team of new players to gel …..

Our injuries have been terrible this year and have interrupted the originl team Ivan was going to run with this year,however our depth albeit not quite NRL standard to some,have done a fine job when called upon..

Injured players so far....

Liddle..
Reynolds..
Packer..
Tui...
Josh A...
McQueen (major surgery)
Sue (HIAs)..

These are just some of the reasons we have been beaten this year....and not by big margins either..however you just have to be a team supporter and not keep rubbishing players for poor performances (that's emotion kicking in),Ivan will do his best to resolve issues as they arise,his reputation is on the line as well...In my honest opinion I have been proud of this group of players and the coach for giving us 80 mins of guts and determination not seen for a number of years at the WTs.
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 8:56 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 8:38 am
Lets put emotions and personal attacks on the players aside for the moment and really look at it from the outside,yesterdays defeat was a combination of many things.The ball handling errors and panic plays were the worst offenders..
I honestly think that Tui,Packer are still carrying injuries and are restricted in their playing capabilities,both have had bad knee injuries...Noffo getting injured early killed our go forward from the back on kick returns..Benji in my opinion is stifling Brooks,ET isn't a hooker but tries his best from dummy half,it is a problem many of us have seen for awhile,however this is the coaches call,he knows his players better than we do...Reynolds will be better in the halves,he injects enthusiasm into the team when he comes on and is a good defender and kicker when fully fit..As many have said it takes time for a team of new players to gel …..

Our injuries have been terrible this year and have interrupted the originl team Ivan was going to run with this year,however our depth albeit not quite NRL standard to some,have done a fine job when called upon..

Liddle..
Reynolds..
Packer..
Tui...
Josh A...
McQueen (major surgery)
Sue (HIAs)..

These are just some of the reasons we have been beaten this year....and not by big margins either..however you just have to be a team supporter and not keep rubbishing players for poor performances (that's emotion kicking in),Ivan will do his best to resolve issues as they arise,his reputation is on the line as well...In my honest opinion I have been proud of this group of players and the coach for giving us 80 mins of guts and determination not seen for a number of years at the WTs.
Well TT, finally someone talking a little sense - with most on here after a loss, you would think we are back to 2016.
It is easy to single out this player or that player - however they are all trying their guts out and it shows in the defence and in the scores. We all know we need a couple of players for next year and Liddle on the field to improve our attack.

In the meantime we should just appreciate the commitment of the team and enjoy the vast improvement on the last few years.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 9:00 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 8:56 am
TrueTiger wrote:

Liddle..
Reynolds..
Packer..
Tui...
Josh A...
McQueen (major surgery)
Sue (HIAs)..

Well TT, finally someone talking a little sense - with most on here after a loss, you would think we are back to 2016.
It is easy to single out this player or that player - however they are all trying their guts out and it shows in the defence and in the scores. We all know we need a couple of players for next year and Liddle on the field to improve our attack.

In the meantime we should just appreciate the commitment of the team and enjoy the vast improvement on the last few years.
If that's Tui trying his guts out then he should retire.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 9:39 am

king sirro wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 9:00 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 8:56 am
TrueTiger wrote:

Liddle..
Reynolds..
Packer..
Tui...
Josh A...
McQueen (major surgery)
Sue (HIAs)..

If that's Tui trying his guts out then he should retire.
I would expect no other reply KS.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 9:47 am

It’s a fair point though^.

If this is tui, giving his all and being as prepared as he possibly can than he’s not a first grade player. No shame in that, the only shame will be if west’s keep selecting him.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:21 am

TrueTiger wrote:

Liddle..
Reynolds..
Packer..
Tui...
Josh A...
McQueen (major surgery)
Sue (HIAs)..

Yup spot on!!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:24 am

tigerbalm wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 9:47 am

If this is tui, giving his all and being as prepared as he possibly can than he’s not a first grade player. No shame in that, the only shame will be if west’s keep selecting him.
You can really tell he’s not 100% as he couldn’t run down that Radley guy. Should not be sighted again this season in the nrl. Well let’s hope

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:25 am

While im on the fence with this guy im also well aware our attack is not clicking. Its starting at hooker filters down to the halves who have just hit the wall lately.

Most fullbacks would struggle behind that. Our guy isnt one of the top fullbacks in the comp so is struggling in this side.
Its an opinion!

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:26 am

First loss with Tui at fullback and by 2 points. Lets hang him. Dumb play by other forum favourites, its OK. Wake up, this loss today was in no way Tui's fault.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:43 am

tonza wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:26 am
First loss with Tui at fullback and by 2 points. Lets hang him. Dumb play by other forum favourites, its OK. Wake up, this loss today was in no way Tui's fault.
Nothing tops Fonua tapping the ball forward from his own in goal, but somehow that doesn't rate a mention.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:17 am

tonza wrote:
I was a fan of him starting at fullback , but the guy has no confidence atm and it’s showing with his defusing of bombs.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:17 am

tonza wrote:
I was a fan of him starting at fullback , but the guy has no confidence atm and it’s showing with his defusing of bombs.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:40 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:24 am
tigerbalm wrote:

You can really tell he’s not 100% as he couldn’t run down that Radley guy. Should not be sighted again this season in the nrl. Well let’s hope
I wanna know how fast is Radley actually? He's a spritely fellow for a backrower; both him and Tui appeared to be running in quicksand but man I've seen Benji run down by Ben Smith and James Tamou so pace is always relative to the situation. He did end up knocking Radley down.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 5:41 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 7:47 am
TYGA wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:21 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm
There are currently a few weak links in the team:
1. Tui at fullback. Mbye the obvious replacement if it happens otherwise Thompson.
2. ET at hooker. Liddle has to come in when fit and play 80. Benji is worth a try could be like a Peter Wallace. He can tackle.
3. Benji at 6. Reynolds has to come in and play 80. I’d move benji to the bench or convert him to hooker. Couldn’t be worse than ET.
3. MCK/Rochow right edge. We need to sign someone to cover otherwise Aloai has to play well and earn the job.
4. We need an 80% Goal Kicker.
Regarding your 3rd point - is it time for McQueen to play 12?
Packer
Liddle
Matalino
Lawrence
McQueen
Taylor

Huth
Twal
Aloiai
McQueen is battling last week at Lidcombe looked like he is struggling at NSW Cup Level.
Great buy! Looks like another player going the way of Jason Cayless and Matt Ballin :(
Relatively low salary it might be a good investment for next year. Has no value have to persist as he may come good. Hard as nails player clearly not right yet.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 6:05 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:40 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:24 am
tigerbalm wrote:

I wanna know how fast is Radley actually? He's a spritely fellow for a backrower; both him and Tui appeared to be running in quicksand but man I've seen Benji run down by Ben Smith and James Tamou so pace is always relative to the situation. He did end up knocking Radley down.
I know most will call me a fan boy for sticking up for Tui....I honestly think he is trying to play out his injury and it is stopping him from performing at his peak...Ivan should rest him again if his performances arent up to the required standard,having said that,putting Tui at fullback was always Ivans call and as I have said before Ivan knows his players far better than we do,he obviously has seen something in Tui that we havnt and that injury maybe worse than realised..I wont lower myself to condemn Tui until I get the full facts...if he is fat and lazy as many have said,then I dont think Ivan would put up with it...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post by 851 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 6:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 5:59 am
A ball hit him on the head as he was hassled by offside players - let's hang him!!!!
He ducked and aborted the challenge when he knew the roosters player was going to contact him, thats why the falcon occured, he took his eyes off the ball, off everything, he was cowering......its his job as fullback to take high balls and he dogged it there, very soft
Spot on Ink, no guts, determination or interest, like last week when he watched Morris run around behind him in goal to score. :bash
Go hard or go home