Worst set of 6 ever

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Re: Worst set of 6 ever

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:20 pm

We played for penalties, looked like we caught them offside a couple times in that set but apparently not


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1718
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:51 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
He probably doesn't even know.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9827
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:51 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
He probably doesn't even know.
Probably got vertigo
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28472
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
No idea...maybe expecting a penalty?
It was weird....reminded me of heighno/roosters/semi/scrum


User avatar
clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:04 am

Post by clokan » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
No idea...maybe expecting a penalty?
It was weird....reminded me of heighno/roosters/semi/scrum
Yep, brought back that nightmare, I'll have to drink a lot tonight

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4616
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:01 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:51 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
He probably doesn't even know.
Probably got vertigo
I get bad vertigo sometimes - only times I can't do the missus over. Can be really shocking sometimes, vomiting, screaming out like a madman.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
No idea...maybe expecting a penalty?
It was weird....reminded me of heighno/roosters/semi/scrum
I thought he momentarily looked up and didn't notice whether or not the ball had actually been played with the foot.
Could be wrong, but that's what I thought at the time.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3878
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:16 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Just saw this thread after writing about the same set in another thread. Without any doubt whatsoever, that was the worst and dumbest play of the game and I was thinking of my young blokes team of U8's newbies getting creamed in a similar manner. That Reynolds continued the set in the same vein was increasingly frustrating and the crescendo of him requiring our halfback to rush into dummy half on the last play capped it off :cry:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
No idea...maybe expecting a penalty?
It was weird....reminded me of heighno/roosters/semi/scrum
Pretty sure he was playing for a penalty. Reynolds was the only one who put on tries, but that set he tried 2 or 3 times to sucker a penalty rather than play football. In fairness, everyone including commentators thought we should have jagged a penalty for Roosters offside several tackles. But sometimes if you try to massage penalties too much, refs ignore you... just ask Robbie Farah and his DH runs into markers the past 7 seasons.

Lots of our sets today were crap, we really struggled to set up good attacking footy, and when we did we failed to straighten up; too much sideways.

Not sure what's happening with Aloiai re minutes, but he took a few hard runs where he found the deck and quick PTB - got us on a really good roll.

But most of the rest of the match, when we held the ball we rolled forward ok, but it was really plodderish all-around, hardly troubled the Roosters at all until 10 mins to go.

tigerbill
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue 11 Sep, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by tigerbill » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:34 pm

mctiger wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 6:49 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 6:06 pm
Chee Kams penalty on half time is hanging material.
I agree with this. It was like he was asking to be penalised. At best he is a bench player but it still won’t make him a smart player....
Smart he is not. Never has been.

tonza
Member
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

Post by tonza » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 2:08 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
I think he felt we would get a penalty because the ball hadn't cleared the ruck. But that was never going to happen. If you watch closely, Friend was offside for the whole set.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 2:13 pm

tonza wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 2:08 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
My favourite play of that set was when we had a slow play the play and Reynolds stood over the ball for a second or two not picking it up. It was almost as if he was playing junior football where you have to wait for the first receiver to have the ball before the defence can move.
Can anyone explain what he was doing there
I think he felt we would get a penalty because the ball hadn't cleared the ruck. But that was never going to happen. If you watch closely, Friend was offside for the whole set.
He was playing for the penalty as they were offside but the ref put the whistle away after the Roosters penalty.

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12010
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 2:23 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 6:06 pm
Our 2nd last set completely sums up how horrible we are. Five under 6 plays in the middle was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen with the game on the line. Yes we should have had a penalty to make it 16 all, but we score easy if we play smart that set.

We are in massive trouble as a team IMO.

Chee Kams penalty on half time is hanging material.
What an embarrassment and to think these are paid Professionals , so many average players in this side .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 2:31 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 6:06 pm
Our 2nd last set completely sums up how horrible we are. Five under 6 plays in the middle was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen with the game on the line. Yes we should have had a penalty to make it 16 all, but we score easy if we play smart that set.

We are in massive trouble as a team IMO.

Chee Kams penalty on half time is hanging material.
So much for Brooks being able to run the team. So much for Benji's experience in clutch moments. We really need Liddle back, Reynolds to #6 and Mbye to #1!

As for MCK's dumb-and-dumber moment, as old magpie also said, I'd have hooked him for good after that, and followed it up with ISP for next week!! These players all need to understand that we have to get DUMB out of our handbook.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5422
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 2:45 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:01 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:53 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:51 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm


Can anyone explain what he was doing there
He probably doesn't even know.
Probably got vertigo
I get bad vertigo sometimes - only times I can't do the missus over. Can be really shocking sometimes, vomiting, screaming out like a madman.

Nearly as bad as when Robbie left,the doctor didn't know if you had vertigo or Farah leaving syndrome...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post Reply