Lolohea

Needaname

Re: Lolohea

Post by Needaname » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:30 pm

Just the way I feel about it, don't think it's that he can't be bothered. Just think his just not up to it yet. Needs more time in ISP.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:35 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:09 pm
Someone mentioned it a while back, he is the modern day Owen Craigie, trying to get through with no effort, no commitment, over weight and trying to survive on natural talent.
Natural talent gets you so far, then reality kicks in, it is no longer juniors, you need to put in the hard work to make it at NRL level.
That was me.

I thought he had more in him, and honestly at the start of the year couldn't wait to see him tear up teams from the back.

Seems more mind of matter for Tui more than anything. :(

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:40 pm

So much ability, yet it would seem he does not use it.
Are the expectations to much for him, and or he has no self confidence ?
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:45 pm

Sad to see a potentially talented player not be able to fulfil that potential. WT have been more than accomodating . Time to move him on asap.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:27 pm

At the end of the day we know squat! Maybe he doesn’t have heart, maybe he should be moved on. I don’t know? He looks scared to me but I really don’t know. But those close to him do know. They will decide if he’s worth spending time and money on. Maybe he’s lost confidence? Maybe he doesn’t get positional play for fullback.
Whatever it is, I’d love to see him overcome whatever is holding him back.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:33 pm

^ This, well said. Agree completely.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:38 pm

Chances are he may still play this year as a 5/8.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:41 pm

It's really hard to say what's holding him back.
For all we know he still might be playing through injury.
Found it odd that he was our first string kicker but when he came back didn't get the gig.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm

Last year when he joined us I thought bar one game I thought he was great. This year he he looks to be struggling with everything. There is no doubt he has talent, but I am not sure he has the determination to turn things around. Lets hope he dosnt throw the towel in and works hard

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm
Last year when he joined us I thought bar one game I thought he was great. This year he he looks to be struggling with everything. There is no doubt he has talent, but I am not sure he has the determination to turn things around. Lets hope he dosnt throw the towel in and works hard
Agree with you about last year. As much as he thinks he is a fullback he definitely isn’t and he went much better at 5/8 then he is at fullback. With mbye likely to be here next week I’d play him at 5/8 in Reggie’s and see if he regains that form.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:02 am

I think his cards are marked. Signing Mbye for this season is a clear message that Tui is probably not in the long term plans

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:32 am

weststigers wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:02 am
I think his cards are marked. Signing Mbye for this season is a clear message that Tui is probably not in the long term plans
Only chance he will have is 14 but that will most likely be between Benji/Gamble if Reynolds/Brooks start.

He will really need to pull his finger out in ISP now.

Good luck to him.

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:59 am

He is a very talented player, and i thought he played well last year. This year i think there were high expectations on him, cause he definately has that X factor, he then has copped an early injury, looks as if he has come back to soon, not really playing at 100% cause he knows he cannot, so he has been a bit tentative and losing confidence. Also, some players just can put on weight very easily, cause there naturally just big and he is also appears to be one of these guys. Alot of good players were like this ie , Fifita, Craigie, Filipaina, Beetson. I just hope we persist with him.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:40 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm
supercoach wrote:
Agree with you about last year. As much as he thinks he is a fullback he definitely isn’t and he went much better at 5/8 then he is at fullback. With mbye likely to be here next week I’d play him at 5/8 in Reggie’s and see if he regains that form.
I'm not sure he thinks he's a fullback.... Clearys the one selecting him there, he is a much better 5/8.
Hes been played out of position imo, still doesn't excuse some of his Alf hearted efforts lately

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 8:07 am

He was alright at 5/8 last year. His confidence has been shattered this year.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:20 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:40 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
supercoach wrote:
I'm not sure he thinks he's a fullback.... Clearys the one selecting him there, he is a much better 5/8.
Hes been played out of position imo, still doesn't excuse some of his Alf hearted efforts lately
By all accounts, he came to us last year because he wanted the chance to play fullback and he just wasn't getting that chance at the Warriors. I think it has been pretty well documented that he wanted to make the fullback spot his own this season, but I don't think Cleary was totally convinced he was the answer to fullback, hence the selection of Thompson over Tui earlier in the season.

He had to bide his time at 5/8 last season until Tedesco left and he did ok playing there - not great, but certainly better than the performances he is putting in at the back now. Sometimes our desire to be something just can't come to fruition if we don't have the right talent for whatever that particular thing is. I'd like to be a famous actor too, but it's never gonna happen cause I can't act in front of people to save my life and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I don't think Tui has the right stuff to play fullback, but he does have talent - forget about trying to be a fullback and just use your talent where it fits best son.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:56 am

think he is so much better at 5/8 he has the bulk to take the line on and has good ball skills.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:01 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:40 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
supercoach wrote:
By all accounts, he came to us last year because he wanted the chance to play fullback and he just wasn't getting that chance at the Warriors. I think it has been pretty well documented that he wanted to make the fullback spot his own this season, but I don't think Cleary was totally convinced he was the answer to fullback, hence the selection of Thompson over Tui earlier in the season.

He had to bide his time at 5/8 last season until Tedesco left and he did ok playing there - not great, but certainly better than the performances he is putting in at the back now. Sometimes our desire to be something just can't come to fruition if we don't have the right talent for whatever that particular thing is. I'd like to be a famous actor too, but it's never gonna happen cause I can't act in front of people to save my life and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I don't think Tui has the right stuff to play fullback, but he does have talent - forget about trying to be a fullback and just use your talent where it fits best son.
Fair enough.... I didn't know that.
Did he come before Tedesco announced he was peeing off to the chooks or after?