Lolohea

Balmain Boy

Re: Lolohea

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:21 am

Ivan has given him his chance, and unfortunatley he's not taken in. His form in ISP didn't warrant promotion but he was given one and done very little.
While his support play is better than that of Thompson, he has no urgency in attack but especially defence. No intensity. I'd let him go the England whenever he gets an offer and hopefully we're not paying him anything in future seasons

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:23 am

I don't agree that his support play is better than Thompson either,

But clearly he is not living up to expectations and should be moved on ASAP that's if anyone would be keen after his current woeful efforts.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:30 am

Eye of a Tiger? more like the fear of an alley cat.. seriously the bloke has bluffed his way into FG on talent alone, watch him purposely delay his chase on the last try missed and take a dive.. he has the fear in defence and you can't train that out of him, it's a shame.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:58 am

Tbh I think he was better at 5/8. But he won't be FB this week and he may not be for a while.

magpiesteve

Post by magpiesteve » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:11 am

Coach, Lolohea is currently not on the bus. His lack of comittment is now affecting the team confidence . Gallen should not have scored it was Lolos job to wrap the ball up. Edric Lee scores - no awareness he is the last line in defence yet nowwhere to be seen. Attempt to tackle Ramian was half hearted. Three Cronulla scores he could have prevented. This lack of comittment has been obvious for weeks even in ISP . Obviously he has issues but needs to be in ISP to resolve whatever it is not NRL. It's so frustrating so obvious . Thomson plays with heart every week & must be reinstated at fullback.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:36 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:39 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:51 pm
Rewatching the game tui showed improvement he ran the ball from the kick better and some good and bad things.

It was brooks and lesser extent reynolds kicking game in the secomd half which put us under massive pressure and which led to most our tries.

The gal try was inexcusable for tui needed more urgency to rap the ball.
Problem is , it wasn't just the Gal try. I know it was disallowed due to a knock on but his effort early in the game with the Luke Lewis no try was also poor. He just doesn't show the desperation that this side is supposed to be built on, you know the inch by inch stuff. Seriously, look at the effort Thompson has put in when he is at the back, they are so far apart it isn't funny, and i think thats what is so frustrating about Tui. Its not ability but effort.

Yeah offers little in attack too which unfortunate comparired to last year.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:42 pm

Needs to go to England ASAP where he might have a shot at a full time 5/8 gig. He is no fullback. Massive warning signs when he chucked a sook at the warriors and unfortunately he hasn’t been able
To turn things around here.

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:47 pm

download.jpeg
download.jpeg (128.36 KiB) Viewed 279 times
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:51 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:58 am
Tbh I think he was better at 5/8. But he won't be FB this week and he may not be for a while.
I think hes a better 5/8 as well...I dont recall the hesitance from him when ive seen him in the halves, fullback is definitely not his position

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:52 pm

I hope we dont see Lolohea back in FG until he actually earns it(whenever that may be)....

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:51 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:58 am
I think hes a better 5/8 as well...I dont recall the hesitance from him when ive seen him in the halves, fullback is definitely not his position
yeah, the difference in V2017 vs V2018 is massive...he just doesn't look comfortable at FB...no urgency

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm

The Torronto Wolfpack seem to be snatching up a few NRL players, might as well snatch up Lolohea off us, although I think he still wouldn't be good for them.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:58 pm

It’s sad, cos he really had a chance to give Cleary a headache. He has it in him. I said in another thread that if you gave him Kev’s heart he would be unstoppable. He has the talent, but that’s only half of it. He lacks the heart and the drive. Disappointing when you know what a player could do if he had those things.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 5:58 pm

Put him on EBAY
Its an opinion!

Post by 851 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:09 pm

Someone mentioned it a while back, he is the modern day Owen Craigie, trying to get through with no effort, no commitment, over weight and trying to survive on natural talent.
Natural talent gets you so far, then reality kicks in, it is no longer juniors, you need to put in the hard work to make it at NRL level.
Go hard or go home

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:10 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:09 pm
Someone mentioned it a while back, he is the modern day Owen Craigie, trying to get through with no effort, no commitment, over weight and trying to survive on natural talent.
Natural talent gets you so far, then reality kicks in, it is no longer juniors, you need to put in the hard work to make it at NRL level.

Thats a fair analysis.
Its an opinion!

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

Posted in other thread better in here I guess. My thoughts on Tui.
Ivan is fair guy and I'd say his been pretty fair and upfront with Tui. He clearly has potential but doesn't understand the work required for fullback at this stage. He'll be able to slowly develop in ISP now without pressure and criticism. I'd say Tui would want that for his career prospects and Ivan would would want that for him as well. If he stays with us next year I'd say he'll be first in line to fill in at fullback if there is injuries. His probably not going to go anywhere. His getting decent coin with us more so than he'd get unless he goes to England but then he would be starting all over again. I'd say if he wants a career as a footballer the penny will drop soon and he'll see the benefit to all this going forwards. Feel sorry for him with all the badgering he cops to be honest.

Post by 851 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:57 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
Posted in other thread better in here I guess. My thoughts on Tui.
Ivan is fair guy and I'd say his been pretty fair and upfront with Tui. He clearly has potential but doesn't understand the work required for fullback at this stage. He'll be able to slowly develop in ISP now without pressure and criticism. I'd say Tui would want that for his career prospects and Ivan would would want that for him as well. If he stays with us next year I'd say he'll be first in line to fill in at fullback if there is injuries. His probably not going to go anywhere. His getting decent coin with us more so than he'd get unless he goes to England but then he would be starting all over again. I'd say if he wants a career as a footballer the penny will drop soon and he'll see the benefit to all this going forwards. Feel sorry for him with all the badgering he cops to be honest.
Why, he is earning way more than any of us supposedly doing what he loves, yet he still can't be bothered, why feel sorry for him
Go hard or go home