innsaneink wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:01 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:40 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm

Agree with you about last year. As much as he thinks he is a fullback he definitely isn’t and he went much better at 5/8 then he is at fullback. With mbye likely to be here next week I’d play him at 5/8 in Reggie’s and see if he regains that form.
I'm not sure he thinks he's a fullback.... Clearys the one selecting him there, he is a much better 5/8.
Hes been played out of position imo, still doesn't excuse some of his Alf hearted efforts lately
By all accounts, he came to us last year because he wanted the chance to play fullback and he just wasn't getting that chance at the Warriors. I think it has been pretty well documented that he wanted to make the fullback spot his own this season, but I don't think Cleary was totally convinced he was the answer to fullback, hence the selection of Thompson over Tui earlier in the season.

He had to bide his time at 5/8 last season until Tedesco left and he did ok playing there - not great, but certainly better than the performances he is putting in at the back now. Sometimes our desire to be something just can't come to fruition if we don't have the right talent for whatever that particular thing is. I'd like to be a famous actor too, but it's never gonna happen cause I can't act in front of people to save my life and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I don't think Tui has the right stuff to play fullback, but he does have talent - forget about trying to be a fullback and just use your talent where it fits best son.
Fair enough.... I didn't know that.
Did he come before Tedesco announced he was peeing off to the chooks or after?
From memory after

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm
supercoach wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm
Last year when he joined us I thought bar one game I thought he was great. This year he he looks to be struggling with everything. There is no doubt he has talent, but I am not sure he has the determination to turn things around. Lets hope he dosnt throw the towel in and works hard
Agree with you about last year. As much as he thinks he is a fullback he definitely isn’t and he went much better at 5/8 then he is at fullback. With mbye likely to be here next week I’d play him at 5/8 in Reggie’s and see if he regains that form.
I'm not sure he thinks he's a fullback.... Clearys the one selecting him there, he is a much better 5/8.
Hes been played out of position imo, still doesn't excuse some of his Alf hearted efforts lately
By all accounts, he came to us last year because he wanted the chance to play fullback and he just wasn't getting that chance at the Warriors. I think it has been pretty well documented that he wanted to make the fullback spot his own this season, but I don't think Cleary was totally convinced he was the answer to fullback, hence the selection of Thompson over Tui earlier in the season.

He had to bide his time at 5/8 last season until Tedesco left and he did ok playing there - not great, but certainly better than the performances he is putting in at the back now. Sometimes our desire to be something just can't come to fruition if we don't have the right talent for whatever that particular thing is. I'd like to be a famous actor too, but it's never gonna happen cause I can't act in front of people to save my life and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I don't think Tui has the right stuff to play fullback, but he does have talent - forget about trying to be a fullback and just use your talent where it fits best son.
Yes that’s what I remember aswell , that he said fullback was his favoured postition. Despite his struggles this year , the guy has talent. I don’t think he will crack the halves either with what we hAve. I’d play him in the centres in Reggie’s and see how he goes. If he does well then who knows.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:50 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm
I’d play him in the centres in Reggie’s and see how he goes. If he does well then who knows.

Thats about the only option he has left. He has fallen down the depth chart at both fullback and 5/8.

Its centre or new club.
Its an opinion!

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:58 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:50 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm
I’d play him in the centres in Reggie’s and see how he goes. If he does well then who knows.

Thats about the only option he has left. He has fallen down the depth chart at both fullback and 5/8.

Its centre or new club.
It will be interesting to see how it goes for him from here. At the warriors when he didn’t get the position he wanted he fell of the rails with weight gain and I’m pretty sure went on the drink. He either trains twice as hard and makes it impossible not to pick him somewhere in the 17, or he gives up and we loook to offload him to another club. From what we have seen so far from him unfortunately I see the 2nd option happening.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 2:03 pm

My money is on the second option.

Used to be a big fan but he has really disappointed me this season.
Its an opinion!

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

TCL wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

From memory after
Yeah I think after as well. The fullback spot opening up was the main reason he came here if I recall rightly. With RTS at the Warriors there wasn't any hope of getting it there.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:57 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
TCL wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

From memory after
Yeah I think after as well. The fullback spot opening up was the main reason he came here if I recall rightly. With RTS at the Warriors there wasn't any hope of getting it there.
I think Teddy refused to take our 2018 offer and Mitch Moses demanded a release within a week of each other. Tui signed to have first crack at fullback in 2018 and brought over to play 5/8 for 2017 because Mitch was throwing his toys around.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 2:03 pm
My money is on the second option.

Used to be a big fan but he has really disappointed me this season.
Unlike many, I think he can still contribute. However, he is not a fullback and never will be.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

SouthTiger

Post by SouthTiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 4:19 pm

Anyone know why Lolohea wasnt picked for either grade nor on the injury list