Throwing the season away

hobbo

Re: Throwing the season away

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:23 pm
What happened to accountability? Was the big buzzword for the first 5 weeks, but now???

What about Marshall's comments after the first time we beat the Storm about how in the off season the team would have mini competitions and the losers would be punished. Words of March premiers.
It was a fluff piece conjured up by Ivan and his 5 leaders .

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:43 pm

Muffstar wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:38 pm
Seasons over not at the same level as teams above us. We might jag the odd win between now and seasons end but that's it.
Yep making plans now for holidays in September...agree 100% on not being the same level about 4 players short minimum for a serious push...an improved season but not this year.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:45 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:08 pm
:o The coach selecting players not on form ....There ARE options for fullback , and at least 3 other postions ...honestly watching some of these pretenders is agonising when there are replacements.. have a go coach!!!!! I thought the favourite selection policy ended with SHEENS!

What should we do with the Coach...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:47 pm

2018 will possibly be our best year since Ellis left us,at least our defence looks like a real team even if we lack the firepower in attack

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:51 pm

Expect more of the same for the rest of the season.

We will be competitive in most games but we'll lose more than we win.
It's going to be a really frustrating remainder of the season.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:53 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:51 pm

How I see it too.
:sign:

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:45 pm
Snake wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:08 pm
:o The coach selecting players not on form ....There ARE options for fullback , and at least 3 other postions ...honestly watching some of these pretenders is agonising when there are replacements.. have a go coach!!!!! I thought the favourite selection policy ended with SHEENS!

What should we do with the Coach...?
It is not what we should do it is what the coach SHOULD do ....the first thing is select on FORM, it is for others to have there opinion on this but the selection of The fullback after last weeks game is the case in question!As the game today proved but that is my opinion .

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:11 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:37 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
What happened to accountability? Was the big buzzword for the first 5 weeks, but now???

What about Marshall's comments after the first time we beat the Storm about how in the off season the team would have mini competitions and the losers would be punished. Words of March premiers.
So you think lolohea should be dropped? You support him every week regardless of performance.
I never mentioned Tui. All I will say about him is that he has the talent, but not the mental toughness. It’s frusrtating.

I will take it, seeing as how you aren’t picking at me about criticising the coach that you agree, that his team selections are indefensible atm.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm

Next week is important. A win and the Tigers could open up a four point break between 9th and 10th. :) ;) With the bye in hand we could have 9th spot cemented for a while. A least then the only way is up if they can get a few wins in the next few rounds.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:23 pm

TIGER wrote:

Agreed. We're paying the price for letting Korobeite and JAC go from the club. These are players who can change the momentum of a game and score from half chances. We try hard, but lack the blinding pace to score tries. I'm not sure where we find replacements but until we do we will struggle to win the arm wrestles.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:29 pm

TIGER wrote:

The worst thing that happened was that we started the season so well, beyond anyone's expectation, and now it's all falling apart before our eyes, it's very disappointing. If we started playing the season much like we are now, as most of us expected we would, then our form at the moment wouldn't be such a huge let down. Our amazing first 5 weeks gave us a false sense of security and hope.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:40 pm

So frustrating, that we need to make changes but don't have the personnel needed to change to. Yet, soon, hopefully, hopefully, we will.

Need a fullback, Lolohea is not up to it. But, for 2019 we have MBye so that's at least sorted. Thompson for rest of the year.
Need to recruit a second rower... badly.. as MCK should start on the bench, and Aloiai should go back to ISP until he can find some form. But there's no-one to replace them with at the moment.

We should be looking for three faster decent backs to replace Kev, Milne and Suli anyway.

And Ivan, please, for the love of all that is holy, go speak to the refs, get them to come to our training, find out what it is that they want, so we can give it to them and they stop smashing us in the penalties and those 50/50 calls that hurt us so much.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:44 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:11 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

So you think lolohea should be dropped? You support him every week regardless of performance.
I never mentioned Tui. All I will say about him is that he has the talent, but not the mental toughness. It’s frusrtating.

I will take it, seeing as how you aren’t picking at me about criticising the coach that you agree, that his team selections are indefensible atm.
Your Tui’s biggest supporter and have called numerous times for him to be in the team and that he is a better fullback than Thompson. Make up your mind buddie. And you still didn’t answer my question.

I’m over the moon with Cleary. Light and day between him and your fav JT. You were still defending JT and asking for more time 3 years down the track. We have a new coach and pretty much a new roster. Been competitive every game. Amazing the progress we have hade from having the worst defensive team and being lapped up every second week.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:48 pm

at best, the team is an honest but limited one.
speed and size in both the forwards and wings is necessary for the future.
the recruitment officer has to discover some diamonds in the rough- types of players like ado carr and koribete whom they have found in the past.
recycled fringe first graders wont be the solution.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:49 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:44 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Your Tui’s biggest supporter and have called numerous times for him to be in the team and that he is a better fullback than Thompson. Make up your mind buddie. And you still didn’t answer my question.

I’m over the moon with Cleary. Light and day between him and your fav JT. You were still defending JT and asking for more time 3 years down the track. We have a new coach and pretty much a new roster. Been competitive every game. Amazing the progress we have hade from having the worst defensive team and being lapped up every second week.
You would be in the minority on this forum believing Cleary is immune from any kind of criticism despite how good of a job he’s done.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:49 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

You would be in the minority on this forum believing Cleary is immune from any kind of criticism despite how good of a job he’s done.
Still haven’t answered the question mate.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:57 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

If he gets dropped, he gets dropped. No complaints from me.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:57 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

If he gets dropped, he gets dropped. No complaints from me.
You still haven’t answered the question lol. So predictable. You’d make a living being a politician.

You want accountability, but you still can’t bring yourself to say that Tui should be dropped, yet you expect it from the coach