Throwing the season away

TYGA

Re: Throwing the season away

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:48 pm

Droppy wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:17 pm
I'm not so patient as tyga. we need to continue to perform at our best this year if are going to attract good players. Unless we are in top 8 or close, good players will not come to WT unless we pay over the odds as we have with reynolds,packer & matalino.They are not elite players in any event. Very expierenced and proven but not match winners. we need a clean out of deadwood and chase a couple of big front rowers with punch and couple of fast backs.
For the record we will finish on 28 points it may mean finals football. I just don’t want Cleary signing 3-4 players to get us in the finals if there are better long term options. This squad will get bounced no risk against better teams when the whips start cracking.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:56 pm

Love your work Tigerpower. Stick to your guns.

Not a lot of accountability amongst forum members let alone the coach.
Its an opinion!

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:57 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:48 pm
Droppy wrote:
I'm not so patient as tyga. we need to continue to perform at our best this year if are going to attract good players. Unless we are in top 8 or close, good players will not come to WT unless we pay over the odds as we have with reynolds,packer & matalino.They are not elite players in any event. Very expierenced and proven but not match winners. we need a clean out of deadwood and chase a couple of big front rowers with punch and couple of fast backs.
For the record we will finish on 28 points it may mean finals football. I just don’t want Cleary signing 3-4 players to get us in the finals if there are better long term options. This squad will get bounced no risk against better teams when the whips start cracking.
As the team with the longest absence from finals, I want Cleary to do whatever he can this season to qualify us. If we do ,he & the WT become an attractive proposition for available players to join us.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:07 am

Droppy wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:57 pm
TYGA wrote:
Droppy wrote:
As the team with the longest absence from finals, I want Cleary to do whatever he can this season to qualify us. If we do ,he & the WT become an attractive proposition for available players to join us.
All good opinions differ. I would rather a squad built for the long haul than pulling a Titans Hayne, Hurrell, Procter on huge money getting to the finals and rebuilding ever since.
My view has not differed since the pre season in that we would make the 8 if teams got injuries and due to our depth not our talent we would bank wins at the end of the season.

Players can see we are in a rebuild they will sign for 1) Money 2) the talent on the roster 3) coach. Whether we end 8th or 10th won’t make a scerrick of a difference. We want players that sign saying I will improve the team and get us to the finals not the easy riders Moses & Woods types.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:49 am

My opinion they are running on empty and when that happens bad decisions fuelled by fatigue occur

Its hard when you don't see any ISP to recommend any fresh blood from the reggies

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:53 am

Yes we need to be patient, rebuilding and all that, but every single game that we play I expect us to go in with the mentality that we are playing to win. Anything less than a win is a disappointment. I am proud of our effort, and I am happy that we are always competing and trying our best, but I don't think it is unreasonable that I want my team to win.

I will not be pleased when we lose, and the 'we aren't good enough but at least we tried' rubbish. Cleary has a plan, and it will take a couple of years to come together, okay fine, and our defence has been phenomenal this year (at times). Great. Good start, now keep going.

Personally I am dreading playing the Raiders next week, those green faders have put 40 or 50 on us too many times recently, and I only hope our team is as desperate as I am for the win.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:07 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate the support. Go the mighty tigers!!!!!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:24 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:49 am
My opinion they are running on empty and when that happens bad decisions fuelled by fatigue occur

Its hard when you don't see any ISP to recommend any fresh blood from the reggies
We have had 9 games on Fox/FTA so far this year in ISP...seen plenty..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 7:28 am

Muffstar wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:38 pm
Seasons over not at the same level as teams above us. We might jag the odd win between now and seasons end but that's it.
Pretty much true, I think. But.....we've improved a heap since the last couple of years. Maybe we overachieved in the first few rounds, built false hope for a higher finish.

But, I like that there's (usually) a gritty attitude in defence, Brooks is (slightly+) more of a NRL halfback, some terrific young forwards getting blooded for the future, a big centre in Marsters learning and improving, a gun team player in Corey Thompson, and no doubt a few other highlights by season's end.

If we jag 7th or 8th spot it will be a pleasant surprise.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:32 am

TYGA wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:07 am
Droppy wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Droppy wrote:
All good opinions differ. I would rather a squad built for the long haul than pulling a Titans Hayne, Hurrell, Procter on huge money getting to the finals and rebuilding ever since.
My view has not differed since the pre season in that we would make the 8 if teams got injuries and due to our depth not our talent we would bank wins at the end of the season.

Players can see we are in a rebuild they will sign for 1) Money 2) the talent on the roster 3) coach. Whether we end 8th or 10th won’t make a scerrick of a difference. We want players that sign saying I will improve the team and get us to the finals not the easy riders Moses & Woods types.
Our highest paid front row do not look players that we need here for the long haul based on recent performances. (Matulino yesterday was decent)

Dont know if Packer is playing injured but they are not playing like an the enforcing front row that has the signs of much longevity.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:41 am

Look through the telescope via reverse direction - what great forward would want to come to WT without a decent consistent hooker?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:41 am

TYGA wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:05 pm
I’m not sure everyone is living on Earth at the moment. We are well behind the Panthers, Roosters and Sharks who are the last 3 teams to beat us. We should have won two of those games. I’m a happy camper atm the effort from the boys is first rate.

We need to accept until we get another 3-4 top liners we will only win games against top teams with high completions, solid defence and opposition teams being frustrated.

Healthy Liddle, Mbye will make a big difference but we need more troops can’t play with 25 top tier players and 1m left in the cap and expect to be a finals side.

Decision is Cleary’s whether he adds them now or takes a longer term view and waits. I hope he waits I’ve grown very patient as a Magpies and now Tigers fan over the years.
It’s not Cleary’s decision, it’s the Bulldogs.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:25 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:56 pm

My opinion of Tui has not changed. He has the talent, and like Cleary have been waiting for him to show it. I have not turned my back on the guy, just think now is not the right time for him.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:32 am
TYGA wrote:
Droppy wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Our highest paid front row do not look players that we need here for the long haul based on recent performances. (Matulino yesterday was decent)

Dont know if Packer is playing injured but they are not playing like an the enforcing front row that has the signs of much longevity.
Try taking hit ups off ET passes. It’s the hooker causing a drop in the metres for the forwards. Packer is obviously injured but he never was a 150 metre a game forward. He is a defensive anchor with a strong carry and quick play the ball. Packer, Mats, Twal are a good rotation it’s not our problem.
It’s so obvious the criticism of the front roe I think is unfounded.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:58 pm

Agree TYGA, it all starts with the number 9.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:22 pm

TYGA wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:32 am
TYGA wrote:
Droppy wrote:

Try taking hit ups off ET passes. It’s the hooker causing a drop in the metres for the forwards. Packer is obviously injured but he never was a 150 metre a game forward. He is a defensive anchor with a strong carry and quick play the ball. Packer, Mats, Twal are a good rotation it’s not our problem.
It’s so obvious the criticism of the front roe I think is unfounded.
So who is passing to Twal and Eisenhuth.?
Cop out - barring injury both need to contribute more as our supposed two top props - 4yrs worth?

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:58 pm

I think the standard has been set a little high! Although yesterday was very frustrating, it was only 18 months ago that the top teams were beating us by 30. We are competitive now and a few quality players will take us to that next level and we should start winning the close games.

Tui has to go however, and if Thompson is favoured on the wing then I think Kev deserves a shot at fullback. That bomb he took out of Tui's arms yesterday was sensational and he was hitting the ball up really hard. Tui on the other hand is the marshmallow man off Ghostbusters.

Black & Gold 69

Post by Black & Gold 69 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:27 pm

This is a message to management and West Tigers are the same team as last year.
Nothing to excite the SUFFERING FANS.
How long do we have to wait to have a competitive team like 2005 team?????
We have no Fullback
We have no Hooker and our halves are ordinary and kicking game does not exist!

We are sick of losing to the same teams every season
I think we r :deadhorse:
Ask the NRL experts don't take my word
Making the eight is a pie in the sky !
PLS let me know your thoughts?