Alex Twal

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: Alex Twal

Post by willow » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:09 pm
been a pleasure to see him develop this year
no fuss tradesman
He is currently our best prop.


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3100
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:42 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm
bonstonker wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:09 pm
been a pleasure to see him develop this year
no fuss tradesman
He is currently our best prop.
x2 and should develop into a top line player

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm

He looks better than a tradesman to me,.

Quite mobile for a big guy, his runs reminded me of Chief Harragon today.

Top shelf.

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:36 pm

To be honest I thought he was just a stats guy who did all the right things but I am happy to say today I saw some really barnstorming runs that saved us a few times after some terrible sets.

One thing about him, he is probably our best 1% player in the team. Very rarely misses a tackle. Keep going Alex. A great kid.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2877
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:38 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm
He looks better than a tradesman to me,.

Quite mobile for a big guy, his runs reminded me of Chief Harragon today.

Top shelf.
Interesting observation. Now that you mention it.
"Quality Stupidity"


tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:56 pm

I wish we had another 1 or 2 Props & Twal could play lock as well, Your on the ball King Sirro.

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:44 pm

And super hands has he dropped one yet? Unlike Aloloi.

Droppy
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Droppy » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:49 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:32 pm
I named him in the front row for next week, but actually think he should be playing 80 at 13. He played 80 every week in reserve grade and always made 50+ tackles. He is a machine. He will lback up the middle for 80 at lock. We just need to find 2 front rowers to go with him.
Agree. How good will he be when he learns to pass the ball!!!

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:58 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm
bonstonker wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:09 pm
been a pleasure to see him develop this year
no fuss tradesman
He is currently our best prop.
Agree. I posted last year he would be our best prop by 2019. Very important player for us needs more minutes. He could be anything with two years of strength training he is still a youngster. He may be a test player over the next couple of seasons.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm

He needs to be signed for at least another 5 years (if not more)

He is my favourite player ATM along with Brooks.

tonza
Member
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

Post by tonza » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:26 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm
He needs to be signed for at least another 5 years (if not more)

He is my favourite player ATM along with Brooks.
Steady WBT. Not too many keep form for 5 years and more. Look at the criticism DCE is getting at the moment.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3087
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm

He was a cronic offloader and was told to curb it.

Has he ever missed a tackle?

He has that rare ability that when he hits he sticks.

Very good player.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2877
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:38 pm

He's a beast!
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21844
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm
He was a cronic offloader and was told to curb it.

Has he ever missed a tackle?

He has that rare ability that when he hits he sticks.

Very good player.
Has a tackle efficiency percentage in the high 90’s. Of the 10 or so games he played last year, he missed something like 4 tackles.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm

For a young bloke he's a hard man.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:54 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:32 pm
I named him in the front row for next week, but actually think he should be playing 80 at 13. He played 80 every week in reserve grade and always made 50+ tackles. He is a machine. He will lback up the middle for 80 at lock. We just need to find 2 front rowers to go with him.
This is a good idea.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:57 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm
He needs to be signed for at least another 5 years (if not more)

He is my favourite player ATM along with Brooks.
Twal, Brooks & Lawrence are our best players. If only we had more players like them in our team.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:35 pm

The only real go forward coming from the pack is provided by him. Therefore he should start.

Post Reply