the third wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:20 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:14 pm
Snake wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:59 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:52 pm

Getting binned for a BS call for 10 didn’t help his effort today .

Matalino 37 meters
Packer 73 meters
Both marquee signings were poor today .

What you seen with Reynolds today is what you’ll see for the next 3 1/2 years
A headless chook or diamonds !
This meter gain really peeves me ... but you did not add that Mats made some crucial tackles which earned 3 turnovers but do not let that get in the way ...I really hate stats !

I hate stats too. However, if there is one position they do show something it's the middle. Our 2 starting front rowers making zero metres every week says a lot.
Let’s just get Woods’s 150m a week back huh. :bash
Yeh well I would take that over Mats and Packer. Woods had a go and took us forward. Packer takes us nowhere. He just claims his check each week and laughs. Tough guy my ass. I would love to fight the bloke. He's a cat. Come stomp on someone your own size Packer.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:30 pm

Well from what I heard Benji should be gone for 3 weeks. So Reynolds will be playing five-eighth permanently.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:31 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:24 pm
With all due respect to Reynolds he was signed at a time when our Club lost out to other Clubs for Tedesco and Woods signature and some sort of exciting signing had to boost the fans confidence in the Club IMO.

I don't think Reynolds is a Marquee type player , to me a Marquee signing can take a game by the scruff of the neck and impact at it enough to get you out of trouble .

While Reynolds holds great attributes such as a never say die attitude , inspire team mates when we are down etc..... we paid way overs for him considering his in the back end of his Career , a good signing but not Marquee dollars IMO.
Agree mate, Reynolds is no marquee, he says so himself, but he is 100% at everything, something some of our other players could learn from.
Go hard or go home

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:33 pm

As a comparison, does anyone have the stats for Packerlino during the first 5 games, would like to see the truth

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:33 pm

He's worth every cent. A team of 17 with his drive would win every single game.

the third

Post by the third » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:38 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm
the third wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Snake wrote:

This meter gain really peeves me ... but you did not add that Mats made some crucial tackles which earned 3 turnovers but do not let that get in the way ...I really hate stats !

I hate stats too. However, if there is one position they do show something it's the middle. Our 2 starting front rowers making zero metres every week says a lot.
Yeh well I would take that over Mats and Packer. Woods had a go and took us forward. Packer takes us nowhere. He just claims his check each week and laughs. Tough guy my ass. I would love to fight the bloke. He's a cat. Come stomp on someone your own size Packer.
Woods draws no defenders, loses the play the ball and takes soft hit ups and flops in defence. He’s a fantasy player at best, but his myth is busted

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm

the signings of reynolds and mbye will define how our next 4-5 seasons go.

they're both marquee signings with a lot of expectations unlike the 15 other signings we made in the last 2 years.

i have a feeling if these two signings don't work out, we'll have to start another re-build in 3 years.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:43 pm

king sirro wrote:
the third wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Snake wrote:

That's pathetic

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:49 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:43 pm
king sirro wrote:
the third wrote:
king sirro wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:51 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:49 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:
the third wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?

Whatever it takes to get him to have a go. We should all be calling him out. Then maybe he will earn his money. After all, that's all we ask. Maybe my tactics are wrong, but at least I'm trying to get Packer to man up instead of making excuses for him.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

the third

Post by the third » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:52 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:33 pm
As a comparison, does anyone have the stats for Packerlino during the first 5 games, would like to see the truth
Don’t have the time or patience to do first 5, but season stats are here or afl stats page

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... isAvg=true

Mats 93m average, 24 tackles
Packer 71m average, 25 tackles

Pretty sure tolman has them beat in stats, probably woods as well.. You probably have to watch the games to see th quality or timing of the hit ups though. Ie soft kick off returns vs a tough hit up when we are being smashed. Stats can’t show you those

Our pack is one short. Packer then Matulino then who? Twal doesn’t draw defenders, Aloai drops the ball rochow and Huth lumber up and offer no threat. We need a second rower badly, but everyone has said that from the start of the year so shouldn’t really be a surprise. Doesn’t help sue is M(H)IA.

Other than that ball control and 5th tackle options are killing us week in week out. If someone has the time, they would be good to see for the first 5 weeks. Missed tackles are also starting to hurt.

Good news is our centres are pretty good and shielding the wingers in defence so the problems of last year are not there yet

The lack of attack is confidence sapping though

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:51 pm
Demps wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?

Whatever it takes to get him to have a go. We should all be calling him out. Then maybe he will earn his money. After all, that's all we ask. Maybe my tactics are wrong, but at least I'm trying to get Packer to man up instead of making excuses for him.
Making threats in a fan forum is kind of sad.

Maybe try making a banner to fly at a home game or yell at him as he goes into the tunnel.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:58 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm
king sirro wrote:
Demps wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?

Making threats in a fan forum is kind of sad.

Maybe try making a banner to fly at a home game or yell at him as he goes into the tunnel.
Oh boy, yell at the tunnel or make a banner like a mong. Now that's sad. Your sad...... Social media, like it or not, is the best way to get a message to a dog like Packer.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm

king sirro wrote:
Demps wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?

Pretty funny you think you'd have a chance against a professional athlete who trains every day...

But yeah, Twal is better
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:04 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm
king sirro wrote:
Demps wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?

Pretty funny you think you'd have a chance against a professional athlete who trains every day...

But yeah, Twal is better
Nothing beats a bar stool Demps !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:07 pm

Demps wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Demps wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:

That's pathetic
Lol, funny stuff but eh?

But yeah, Twal is better
I'm not Stryker, so not gonna say this or that, but who are u to suggest if i could handle Packer? You have no idea who I am or what I've done or what size I am. Not saying I have all that covered, but its safe to never judge my friend. Packer is a cat. He has proven that.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:10 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:07 pm
Demps wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Demps wrote:

Lol, funny stuff but eh?

But yeah, Twal is better
I'm not Stryker, so not gonna say this or that, but who are u to suggest if i could handle Packer? You have no idea who I am or what I've done or what size I am. Not saying I have all that covered, but its safe to never judge my friend. Packer is a cat. He has proven that.
Like I said... I doubt you're a conditioned athlete like Packer.

Internet tough guy comment saying come have a scrap with you is the words of some one who knows nothing about combat.
#Unbeatable

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:12 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:10 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:07 pm
Demps wrote:
king sirro wrote:

But yeah, Twal is better
Like I said... I doubt you're a conditioned athlete like Packer.

Internet tough guy comment saying come have a scrap with you is the words of some one who knows nothing about combat.
As long as your happy with his output for dollar you can carry on.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS