The 3 moments that changed the game

Tigerheart_returns

The 3 moments that changed the game

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:50 pm

1. Scrum feed to the Sharks in the second half - unless Reynold did try to strip the ball, but if so why would you even try it?
2. Gallen try - embarrassing, but we needed Lolohea to put his body under the ball, which he didn't do;
3. The kick from Brooks in the second half. Look at him throwing is arms up as to say "Where the #%^& is everyone?" when clearly there was no communication and the smarter play would have been to kick ahead and pin them in the corner.

Point is - all 3 were avoidable and the players involved should have known better. I am not expecting for us to make the eight, but when you have a chance to win, then you should.

Anyway, at least we're challenging!..

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm

The scrum was a strange one and made no sense at all. Bad call imo.

The other two were poor play and shouldn’t have happened.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:20 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:50 pm
1. Scrum feed to the Sharks in the second half - unless Reynold did try to strip the ball, but if so why would you even try it?
2. Gallen try - embarrassing, but we needed Lolohea to put his body under the ball, which he didn't do;
3. The kick from Brooks in the second half. Look at him throwing is arms up as to say "Where the #%^& is everyone?" when clearly there was no communication and the smarter play would have been to kick ahead and pin them in the corner.

Point is - all 3 were avoidable and the players involved should have known better. I am not expecting for us to make the eight, but when you have a chance to win, then you should.

I am afraid that Brooks is not very smart between the ears.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:26 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:20 pm

The Brooks kick was the game changer... it was not a matter of no one following it should of been put into touch ,and try forcing an error of there line .It is called game management,Luke is a good footy player but does not have the smarts this is what the difference is to Nathan Cleary and the house has to be thrown at him to get him!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:35 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:26 pm
magpiecol wrote:

The Brooks kick was the game changer... it was not a matter of no one following it should of been put into touch ,and try forcing an error of there line .It is called game management,Luke is a good footy player but does not have the smarts this is what the difference is to Nathan Cleary and the house has to be thrown at him to get him!
And where was Tui on that kick? He was having a rest on the short side. 5th tackle options were mostly poor in the 2nd half but our inability to maintain any pressure was the reason we lost. Mostly due to errors, penalties and poor kicks.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:38 pm

Reynolds coming within an inch of a 40/20 with a kick inside his own 20 was almost a game changer. What a player.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:35 pm
Snake wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

And where was Tui on that kick? He was having a rest on the short side. 5th tackle options were mostly poor in the 2nd half but our inability to maintain any pressure was the reason we lost. Mostly due to errors, penalties and poor kicks.
Tui having a rest on the short side right next to Brooks who should of know that short side play was the option.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

Brooks has carried the entire side for the past 15 rounds.

He put in a poor kick yes. Should it have led to a try? No.

Our side is lazy and incompetent.

Brooks is the best player out there.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

Milky wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

Ah yep..

the clocking off in the middle needs to be addressed..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
Milky wrote:

Ah yep..

Speaking of....
Who did Holmes run through to score the length of the field try ?
Was is Chee Kam and .......?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm

magpiecol wrote:

You are right Col, Brooks had a real chance today to stand up and own the team, he was very ordinary.
Go hard or go home

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm

Milky wrote:

Not on todays form, not by a long stretch.
Go hard or go home

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
Milky wrote:

Ah yep..

Speaking of....
Who did Holmes run through to score the length of the field try ?
Was is Chee Kam and .......?
Eisenhuth. Again watched his run past rather than have a red hot attempt.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:40 pm

For me leading 10 to 2 early SH on attack and Reynolds dropped a simple pass from mats. Another try there and we were home. Instead that funny call for the scrum again involving Reynolds who had a good game first 50 but obviously not match fit yet for 80.
The only other time we were on attack in the SH Aloloi dropped it on the first when we were two point behind. His hands are costly.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:44 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:40 pm
For me leading 10 to 2 early SH on attack and Reynolds dropped a simple pass from mats. Another try there and we were home. Instead that funny call for the scrum again involving Reynolds who had a good game first 50 but obviously not match fit yet for 80.
The only other time we were on attack in the SH Aloloi dropped it on the first when we were two point behind. His hands are costly.
Yep it’s the very basics this team sucks at ...
Every loss it’s the same dumb errors
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:52 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:44 pm
Magpie Magic wrote:
That's why I haven't written them off yet. The attack is there but passes get dropped after offloads,they need to stick. Repeat handling error offenders must be dropped. Guys like Aloloi MCK need a spell. The team needs to execute and we are a chance. And also Mayne and Kev etc must be allowed to be on the end of a backline a little more instead of just strong carry.
The passes must stick at this level period.
The last two weeks have been such a waste.

tonza

Post by tonza » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:00 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:44 pm
Magpie Magic wrote:
Sure is. Errors and penalties. I got a shock when i read one of our stars made 8 errors in last weeks game. Cant afford 1 per player let alone several. Must have been a miss print.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:05 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:35 pm
Snake wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Tui was not having a rest, rather on Brooks' inside shoulder, awaiting a play down that side as were the rest of the team. He was in a similar position when Luke put up that terrible kick later, which had he looked, Tui was ready to run through the hole created by kick pressure.