Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:13 am

Line speed disappeared in the 2nd half

Reynolds dropped ball about 5 into the 2nd half

Refs again

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:33 am

That sin binning!
It is so inconsistent.
I’m watching a replay of another game of nrl from the year and the team has just given away 4 penalties on their goal line then commits another one in the next set. And what do they get a WARNING..... WHY?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:46 am

Needaname wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:33 am
That sin binning!
It is so inconsistent.
I’m watching a replay of another game of nrl from the year and the team has just given away 4 penalties on their goal line then commits another one in the next set. And what do they get a WARNING..... WHY?
Obviously wasnt the Tigers we would be a player short for 10 mins

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:14 am

Nope the sharks ironically. But not the game from yesterday.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:29 am

Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
Milky wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm
Brooks has carried the entire side for the past 15 rounds.

He put in a poor kick yes. Should it have led to a try? No.

Our side is lazy and incompetent.

Brooks is the best player out there.
Ah yep..

the clocking off in the middle needs to be addressed..
Speaking of....
Who did Holmes run through to score the length of the field try ?
Was is Chee Kam and .......?
Eisenhuth. Again watched his run past rather than have a red hot attempt.
Well I'd say Hooth made a mistake rather than lack of effort.

When Brooks kicked, there were only forwards chasing inside. Mats and Hooth came up in the line, but Gallen ran across Mats and Hooth didnt pick up Holmes on the fly, got sucked in to making a hit on his cousin.

MCK was a pass too wide but in fairness he is the RHS second rower. Reynolds didnt come up to the line and Rowdy is out the back on the left having a spell.

Holmes runs between Hooth and MCK, then past Reynolds as Grub comes up too slowly.

Multiple efforts there. Kicks have to be chased, but you have to kick to your team's position, not what you hope might happen. i.e. Brooks needs to know his players can attack such a kick, not be forced into a defensive shape because he kicked it straight to Cronulla. Bad kick.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am

The Lee pass and the sin binning were horrid decisions. Refs removed themselves from the last 20-30 mins of the game, so we could hardly jag a penalty when coming from behind.

But when have you ever seen a bloke being bundled into touch, let the ball go into the tacklers and we rewarded with the ball back? Might as well do it every time you get pushed out.

The binning does my head in, I would not have been as composed as Ivan. MCK binned after Twal was penalised for a different error some 50m up-field. Nobody knew what was going on. If none of the players, fans or commentators know what the call is, then it's a bad call. Penalties should be obvious not indecipherable.

Grub said it, why didn't Sharks cop a binning? They got a warning, gave away the same # penalties, gave more penalties defending their line (we kicked two penalties) and even gave one in a try-scoring situation with the Fonua quick-tap. the lack of consistency astounds me and is exactly what Sterlo was talking about on Sunday Footy Show. Refs far too involved in matches, letting tires teams get rests, changing the flow of games and breaking momentum. Ridiculous. I called abiut 40 unpenalised plays after the first few penalties, i.e. infringements that had been penalised earlier in the game.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:43 am

Lastly why the hell was Matt Prior never penalised all game? The bloke over-works every tackle, he's like Trump in being so blazingly a cheat that people stop noticing.

If you didnt notice, watch him next game, constantly and messily attacking the football and the football-carrying arm. He even regularly slaps at the football when at marker, and the refs just let him. Bin MCK but dont penalise this cheat!

Typical of Flanno and his brand of ugly cheating, whinging, self-entitled football.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:56 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
Milky wrote:

Ah yep..

the clocking off in the middle needs to be addressed..
Speaking of....
Who did Holmes run through to score the length of the field try ?
Was is Chee Kam and .......?
Unfortunately Lolohea was left far behind, nowhere to be seen :brick:

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:00 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:43 am
Lastly why the hell was Matt Prior never penalised all game? The bloke over-works every tackle, he's like Trump in being so blazingly a cheat that people stop noticing.

If you didnt notice, watch him next game, constantly and messily attacking the football and the football-carrying arm. He even regularly slaps at the football when at marker, and the refs just let him. Bin MCK but dont penalise this cheat!

Typical of Flanno and his brand of ugly cheating, whinging, self-entitled football.

Im so glad someone noticed this.......we were getting pinged for the slightest thing and freaking Prior was a menace in every play the ball.....i dead set could not believe these pea hearted refs let this clown molest our players in every play the ball.

It was outrageous!!

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:21 am

Milky wrote:

Yep. He is our marquee player at the moment. We need some more players at his level.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:30 am

I still can’t believe we let Gallen in. It’s all he ever does. A simple hit up. Very disappointed in our centre D.
Need more props.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:32 am

oldprop wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:30 am
I still can’t believe we let Gallen in. It’s all he ever does. A simple hit up. Very disappointed in our centre D.
That was soft
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:17 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:00 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:43 am

Im so glad someone noticed this.......we were getting pinged for the slightest thing and freaking Prior was a menace in every play the ball.....i dead set could not believe these pea hearted refs let this clown molest our players in every play the ball.

It was outrageous!!
We got pinged for not allowing the play the ball quick enough but this moron was constantly holding the one leg of players well after the Held call. Dangerous as well as frustrating.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:34 pm

The moment that i got from that game that changed the outcome was:

1. First half Sharks gave away 4 penalties in a row down on their line, 2 quick penalties of which were from Luke Lewis. He gave a way the first one for being inside the ten close to their line, the ref penalised him for it .. then one of our players took a quick tap, ran at the line but was stopped a foot from the line by 3 Shark players including Luke Lewis who never made it back the 10 from his first penalty .. ref then penalised Luke Lewis again for being inside the ten and said so clearly on the TV. But this is what grabbed me .. he gave a way a penalty, then never made it back the ten and then gave away a second penalty (back to back) for not being back the ten .. "professional foul"" ten in the bin .. this has been the ruling all year, but NO the ref's forgot about that one .. !!

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:20 pm
Tigerheart_returns wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:50 pm
1. Scrum feed to the Sharks in the second half - unless Reynold did try to strip the ball, but if so why would you even try it?
2. Gallen try - embarrassing, but we needed Lolohea to put his body under the ball, which he didn't do;
3. The kick from Brooks in the second half. Look at him throwing is arms up as to say "Where the #%^& is everyone?" when clearly there was no communication and the smarter play would have been to kick ahead and pin them in the corner.

Point is - all 3 were avoidable and the players involved should have known better. I am not expecting for us to make the eight, but when you have a chance to win, then you should.

Anyway, at least we're challenging!..
I am afraid that Brooks is not very smart between the ears.
You are right Col, Brooks had a real chance today to stand up and own the team, he was very ordinary.
I have said this so many times Brooks has not got the personality to take control ....every time the opportunity comes it passes him by ,that is not his fault he just has no footy brain nothing wrong with that .

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:34 pm
The moment that i got from that game that changed the outcome was:

1. First half Sharks gave away 4 penalties in a row down on their line, 2 quick penalties of which were from Luke Lewis. He gave a way the first one for being inside the ten close to their line, the ref penalised him for it .. then one of our players took a quick tap, ran at the line but was stopped a foot from the line by 3 Shark players including Luke Lewis who never made it back the 10 from his first penalty .. ref then penalised Luke Lewis again for being inside the ten and said so clearly on the TV. But this is what grabbed me .. he gave a way a penalty, then never made it back the ten and then gave away a second penalty (back to back) for not being back the ten .. "professional foul"" ten in the bin .. this has been the ruling all year, but NO the ref's forgot about that one .. !!
All those 3 players that tackled Fonua were offside. Professional foul? No Tigers.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:43 pm

Milky wrote:

Not even close.

He has all the attributes of a great half except "the smarts".

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:19 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:05 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:35 pm
Snake wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:26 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:20 pm

I am afraid that Brooks is not very smart between the ears.
The Brooks kick was the game changer... it was not a matter of no one following it should of been put into touch ,and try forcing an error of there line .It is called game management,Luke is a good footy player but does not have the smarts this is what the difference is to Nathan Cleary and the house has to be thrown at him to get him!
And where was Tui on that kick? He was having a rest on the short side. 5th tackle options were mostly poor in the 2nd half but our inability to maintain any pressure was the reason we lost. Mostly due to errors, penalties and poor kicks.
Tui was not having a rest, rather on Brooks' inside shoulder, awaiting a play down that side as were the rest of the team. He was in a similar position when Luke put up that terrible kick later, which had he looked, Tui was ready to run through the hole created by kick pressure.
Problem was Brooks wrapped around from the open side then kicked to the exact spot he came from. He should have known there were no chasers there because he just came from there.

It was a very costly brain fade, he just needed to play the percentages.