Packer nickname

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33022
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: Packer nickname

Post by willow » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
Felise ran for 160m yesterday. Maybe it’s time he gets a run. Cleary isn’t a fan though so it sucks to be him.
We need a bit more variety in the middle and Felise provides it. Not the biggest prop, but probably worth a shot off the bench at the moment.


Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:59 am

willow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:41 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
Felise ran for 160m yesterday. Maybe it’s time he gets a run. Cleary isn’t a fan though so it sucks to be him.
We need a bit more variety in the middle and Felise provides it. Not the biggest prop, but probably worth a shot off the bench at the moment.
I've been wanting Felise in the team since Packer went down injured earlier on, but we ended up with Sue instead who did bugger all. Felise was good throughout the the trials and seemed to be coming along nicely in ISP, I really don't know why he is out of favour with the coach.

In any case it's not doing the team any good choosing props who can barely run 80 metres between them at the expense of a young bloke who is willing to give it a red hot go. Thank God Twal is in the team, otherwise we'd be going backwards!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22434
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:50 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:59 am
willow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:41 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
Felise ran for 160m yesterday. Maybe it’s time he gets a run. Cleary isn’t a fan though so it sucks to be him.
We need a bit more variety in the middle and Felise provides it. Not the biggest prop, but probably worth a shot off the bench at the moment.
I've been wanting Felise in the team since Packer went down injured earlier on, but we ended up with Sue instead who did bugger all. Felise was good throughout the the trials and seemed to be coming along nicely in ISP, I really don't know why he is out of favour with the coach.

In any case it's not doing the team any good choosing props who can barely run 80 metres between them at the expense of a young bloke who is willing to give it a red hot go. Thank God Twal is in the team, otherwise we'd be going backwards!
Cleary is very similar to Sheens in the sense that he has his favourites and has players that he's condemned to the scrap heap.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:59 am

Pussell Slacker
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29351
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:25 am

BEAST...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..


User avatar
LeichhardtTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:36 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
Felise ran for 160m yesterday. Maybe it’s time he gets a run. Cleary isn’t a fan though so it sucks to be him.
A one legged muppet could have run 160m against a decimated Blacktown squad. The fact that they were still in the match for much of the game says more about our ISP team's lack of control - losing games in the final minutes - much like the NRL team.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:09 pm

I've always referred to him as "Fudge" within my circle of tiger mates....

Not even in a derogatory way, just rolls off the tongue.
Image

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:50 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:59 am
willow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:41 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
Felise ran for 160m yesterday. Maybe it’s time he gets a run. Cleary isn’t a fan though so it sucks to be him.
We need a bit more variety in the middle and Felise provides it. Not the biggest prop, but probably worth a shot off the bench at the moment.
I've been wanting Felise in the team since Packer went down injured earlier on, but we ended up with Sue instead who did bugger all. Felise was good throughout the the trials and seemed to be coming along nicely in ISP, I really don't know why he is out of favour with the coach.

In any case it's not doing the team any good choosing props who can barely run 80 metres between them at the expense of a young bloke who is willing to give it a red hot go. Thank God Twal is in the team, otherwise we'd be going backwards!
Cleary is very similar to Sheens in the sense that he has his favourites and has players that he's condemned to the scrap heap.
That's interesting isn't it? I'm sure there are other coaches who do the same. I don't understand why they can't just put personality clashes, or whatever it is that bothers them about a player, aside and choose players on merit for the good of the team. It's almost as bad as the refs favouring one team over another every game, for no particular reason!

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:42 pm

Gotta admit I'm starting to feel complexed about some of the selections. There must be more method to the madness than we realise, in other words, there's more going on than the ordinary fan is privvy to.
On the face of it, Felise and Garner should both be promoted in the forwards and Tui should be replaced by MWZ with Thommo going back to fullback.
But, of course, WE KNOW these changes will not eventuate for reasons that we DON'T KNOW.....

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:53 pm

stevied wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 2:42 pm
Gotta admit I'm starting to feel complexed about some of the selections. There must be more method to the madness than we realise, in other words, there's more going on than the ordinary fan is privvy to.
On the face of it, Felise and Garner should both be promoted in the forwards and Tui should be replaced by MWZ with Thommo going back to fullback.
But, of course, WE KNOW these changes will not eventuate for reasons that we DON'T KNOW.....
Exactly. Very hard to make decisions without all the facts.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6038
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:47 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
Felise ran for 160m yesterday. Maybe it’s time he gets a run. Cleary isn’t a fan though so it sucks to be him.
And Chris McQueen ran for 127 m, Robbie Rochow 154 m? No offence to JJ but meterage in reserves is totally different to firsts.

I'm not against giving him a run, just Sharks had good line speed early in the match and our starting pack were well-contained, esp until Sharks subbed on their bench.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:59 am

TIGER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:15 pm
TIGER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm
A few weeks ago I mentioned how disappointing Matulino was, today I add Packer as well.
Hate to quote myself but just found out Matulino ran for 37m today.
How long can this imposter continue to call himself an NRL prop?
I must say I do love how you say 'Just found out' like your waiting till the stats come up so you can justify your argument. Despite what seemed like multiple opportunities in attack for Mats to take these extra runs when you make 40+ tackles in the front row it does indictate that our middles played more of a defensive game and probably because of that our impact players in Chee Kam and Alioi came in and did a lot of the running and the ball went to the fringes which shows in Masters and Fonua each picking up nearly 200 meters.

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 11:33 am

Needaname wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:59 am
TIGER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:15 pm
TIGER wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm
A few weeks ago I mentioned how disappointing Matulino was, today I add Packer as well.
Hate to quote myself but just found out Matulino ran for 37m today.
How long can this imposter continue to call himself an NRL prop?
I must say I do love how you say 'Just found out' like your waiting till the stats come up so you can justify your argument. Despite what seemed like multiple opportunities in attack for Mats to take these extra runs when you make 40+ tackles in the front row it does indictate that our middles played more of a defensive game and probably because of that our impact players in Chee Kam and Alioi came in and did a lot of the running and the ball went to the fringes which shows in Masters and Fonua each picking up nearly 200 meters.
Absolutely. It was plain for all to see that the game plan was for esan and mahe to be heavily involved in carting the ball up. If they make 100-200 each, then that's 100-200 less on the tally of the forwards. It's not rocket science.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm

Don't let facts get in the way of good player drubbings.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:37 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm
Don't let facts get in the way of good player drubbings.
We won’t :D
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm

How about stop complaining you fools?

Post Reply