Re: Campbelltown

Post by Harvey » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:31 am

Newtown wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:16 am
Sabre wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 8:17 am
Eddie wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:30 pm
This will piss people off however to me it feels like the heartbeat of the club is in the Inner West.
Always has been in my opinion.
Originally I thought going to Campbelltown would generate the benefit coming from the large numbers of junior footballers in that area. Has that happened?
Junior numbers are so poor, there is one competition from Campbelltown to the inner west. The sides out here play against Canterbury junior clubs from about u13's onwards.

There is a large population growth out here, but many of the residents are from ethnic backgrounds that have not really adopted rugby league. Did anyone come by train yesterday? Did you notice the winter cricket competition using all the fields near Gelnfield station (where the Macquarie Fields Hawks used to play)?

Bengaliwolf

Post by Bengaliwolf » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm

To those who are saying that a crowd of 10,000 is poor when your team is coming in to the game 2-6 and playing worse each week, the weather is freezing cold, and when the team only invests 3 games in the season at the ground, what do you expect? That game wouldn't have been packed out at Leichhardt either and at ANZ the atmosphere would be awful.

The biggest crowd for the round was 16,000 and the average was 11,000. I don't think you can base the "ditch Campbelltown" mantra on this week's game.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:55 pm

Bengaliwolf wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm
To those who are saying that a crowd of 10,000 is poor when your team is coming in to the game 2-6 and playing worse each week, the weather is freezing cold, and when the team only invests 3 games in the season at the ground, what do you expect? That game wouldn't have been packed out at Leichhardt either and at ANZ the atmosphere would be awful.

The biggest crowd for the round was 16,000 and the average was 11,000. I don't think you can base the "ditch Campbelltown" mantra on this week's game.
True - I base my opinion on every experience I’ve had at this ground: a history of poor crowds and an atmosphere to rival ANZ. Leichhardt or bust! (Or Parra I suppose)
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 2:46 pm

I go to games at Campbelltown and I'll continue to do so given that it's accessible by freeway and rail, has good parking options, good facilities, poor win/loss record, the grandstand is good.

On the other hand Leichhardt has good atmosphere without being any sort of fortress (about 40% win record), has almost no parking and no public transport and poor facilities.

Yeah, Campbo for mine but I think we need a new stadium and should stop giving away home games out of our area. I went to Tamworth and the ground is hopeless unless you like sitting on damp grass.

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 7:31 pm

I think the answer could be in the south-west, but it's not at Campbelltown. Perhaps a new, single home ground for the Tigers at Liverpool or somewhere in that area that is not quite as far from the inner-west as Campbo. It's a huge market in the south-west and abandoning it would be crazy. Despite all the great features of CSS, it just doesn't seem like "home". Maybe a new stand-alone venue is needed? Funding for it....? No idea. Concept though.....?

T and M

Post by T and M » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm

What I find most surprising, that from whole ground least populated were reserved members sectors on both sides. :?:

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:01 pm

Icon wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:03 am
I think the person that posted a 10,000+ crowd was a bit reckless with the truth. I reckon about 7,000 and 2,000 of those were raiders supporters, I reckon about 5,000 of those were wests tigers supporters, and I wonder how many of those come from other areas of Sydney like me. "Growth is in Campbelltown'' line, is the biggest myth perpetrated on us since religion.

I go to all the games there and I don't know how they found 10 000 people. Campbelltown Stadium would have a capacity of 35-40000 based on the empty spaces there yesterday. 6000 at best yesterday.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:06 pm

T and M wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm
What I find most surprising, that from whole ground least populated were reserved members sectors on both sides. :?:

Thats true. The people who were ticketed members in the stand around where I sit haven't renewed this year. And they have had those seats since the renovations there some years ago. The top of the grandstand had as many empty seat as occupied ones. Plenty of Raiders fans sitting up there too. The Eastern grandstand had two bays in the middle that were about 20% filled.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:46 pm

I wonder out of 19k members how many are ticketed and how many at CSS, LO and ANZ individually.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:46 pm
I wonder out of 19k members how many are ticketed and how many at CSS, LO and ANZ individually.
Yep I’d love to see the breakdown. Apparently if you buy the 3 games for $x - that’s a membership. Not sure I agree
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:22 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:46 pm
Yep I’d love to see the breakdown. Apparently if you buy the 3 games for $x - that’s a membership. Not sure I agree
You could buy one game memberships last year or the year before that.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:23 am

NJLM78 wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:01 pm
Icon wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:03 am
I think the person that posted a 10,000+ crowd was a bit reckless with the truth. I reckon about 7,000 and 2,000 of those were raiders supporters, I reckon about 5,000 of those were wests tigers supporters, and I wonder how many of those come from other areas of Sydney like me. "Growth is in Campbelltown'' line, is the biggest myth perpetrated on us since religion.

I go to all the games there and I don't know how they found 10 000 people. Campbelltown Stadium would have a capacity of 35-40000 based on the empty spaces there yesterday. 6000 at best yesterday.
Capacity is approx 20k

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:26 am

NJLM78 wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:06 pm
T and M wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm

Thats true. The people who were ticketed members in the stand around where I sit haven't renewed this year. And they have had those seats since the renovations there some years ago. The top of the grandstand had as many empty seat as occupied ones. Plenty of Raiders fans sitting up there too. The Eastern grandstand had two bays in the middle that were about 20% filled.
They are also the $50 gold seats. Why pay that for the eastern stand , when general admission tickets let you sit 10m away for half the price

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 8:25 am

LCA wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 7:31 pm
I think the answer could be in the south-west, but it's not at Campbelltown. Perhaps a new, single home ground for the Tigers at Liverpool or somewhere in that area that is not quite as far from the inner-west as Campbo. It's a huge market in the south-west and abandoning it would be crazy. Despite all the great features of CSS, it just doesn't seem like "home". Maybe a new stand-alone venue is needed? Funding for it....? No idea. Concept though.....?
There was talk a few years ago about a stadium at Liverpool - mostly about Canterbury and Tigers sharing - it never came to anything and the government obviously decided to put the dough into WSS.

That probably was the death knell.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 8:25 am
LCA wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 7:31 pm
There was talk a few years ago about a stadium at Liverpool - mostly about Canterbury and Tigers sharing - it never came to anything and the government obviously decided to put the dough into WSS.

That probably was the death knell.
Yes, as a Liverpool local, I remember that proposal and the names of a few of the "identities" that proposed it. Suffice to say, they were in it for themselves, as their track record would indicate, and not always playing by the rules.

In this instance I am talking about a genuine future-focused proposal to capture the south-west Sydney area for the Wests Tigers, not some decidedly dodgy proposal by Fat Al and Latho.

Bengaliwolf

Post by Bengaliwolf » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:55 pm
Bengaliwolf wrote:

True - I base my opinion on every experience I’ve had at this ground: a history of poor crowds and an atmosphere to rival ANZ. Leichhardt or bust! (Or Parra I suppose)
Harsh comment to say the atmosphere rivals ANZ. But the topic of atmosphere is highly subjective. What is it about Leichhardt's atmosphere that makes you think it's better than anywhere else?

On the crowd figures, how many people need to turn up to Campbelltown games for this forum to be happy? Over the last 18 years crowds have averaged 12,312 at Campbelltown and 13,087 at Leichhardt.

Hardly a big enough difference to say Campbelltown has poor crowds compared to Leichhardt. What's the magic number?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:12 pm

Bengaliwolf wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:55 pm
Bengaliwolf wrote:

Harsh comment to say the atmosphere rivals ANZ. But the topic of atmosphere is highly subjective. What is it about Leichhardt's atmosphere that makes you think it's better than anywhere else?

On the crowd figures, how many people need to turn up to Campbelltown games for this forum to be happy? Over the last 18 years crowds have averaged 12,312 at Campbelltown and 13,087 at Leichhardt.

Hardly a big enough difference to say Campbelltown has poor crowds compared to Leichhardt. What's the magic number?
Your right. The media, started by Gus, keep on sprouting this BS about how great LO is and its magical powers.
But the reality is that it's pulls poor crowds and doesn't deliver great win %.
Both grounds are financial shackles around the clubs neck.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:15 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:30 pm
Snake wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 5:04 pm
The sooner the club plays where the real supporter base is the better .., bring on WSS .

I agree now ..I reckon we put 50 on the Raiders there..

plus it's freezing here..
WSS?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2