tigerbill wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:27 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:03 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm
Worst debut I can remember in a long long time. Poor kid will be having nightmares. Don’t think we will see him in first grade again this year. For someone his size he should have tucked the ball and just ran. We will have a different team against the titans. Lose that and the season is done.
X2
Sorry to disappoint you lads but he'll be back and perhaps against the Titans .... your bias is so over the top that it has become silly ....
Well you clearly know the guy personally because for the rest of us that was an absolute shocker. Not only did he make mistakes but he added nothing. When you say Brooks was no better, he got us repeat sets
"He had an absolute shocker" ... what type of statement is that in a team that got thumped.

Sorry, but if anyone had an "absolute shocker" it was not Tyson but it would be Thompson or even ET or maybe even ... Matt or Packer and I could continue. Thompson has been consistently one of our best. How about we rubbish his performance.

I have said my bit about Gamble so I will no longer comment on the lad and I will watch his growth quietly.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:44 pm

Never understood the hype. I mean he was plucked out of QLD. It’s not like he was in the Broncos system, or we poached him from another club. And he’s 22. Not that that’s old, but for a prodigy, that a couple have pushed him as, it’s a bit old to just come out of nowhere.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:49 pm

I have said my bit about Gamble so I will no longer comment on the lad and I will watch his growth quietly.
:roll

'a bit'

LOL

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm

Yeah I don’t think he can be judged on this one performance. Yes he was poor but he had some mates. The team today resembled a trial team tbh. Our spine today did not gel one little bit. And the schoolboy errors are becoming beyond a joke.
This game nearly turns the light out for the season for mine. A faint hope with maybe 2 to be added to our spine but I’m not holding my breath for finals in ‘18
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:22 pm

Watched in isc... Dud.
First grade call up... Expected flop.
Hype? Undeserved.

Absolute disgrace promoting this guy.
Gus Garziniti or whatever his name is woulda done a better job.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:26 pm

Tyson Gamble wasn't even starting at Redcliffe at the start of last year. His rise has been absurdly quick. So he must be doing something right.

For mine that was a forgive run.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 2:34 am

i believe this thread is about gamble.

yeah he sucked

Joel_Caine_Fan_82

Post by Joel_Caine_Fan_82 » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 5:31 am

both our halfs were rubish
but his form in nsw cup has been amazing and sometimes players have bad debuts

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 6:36 am

Poor kid.

Would definitely give him another go if required. Nerves would have had the best of him.

He really needs to get the ‘benji’ out of his game tho. Kicking on the 3rd...to himself? multiple times????

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 7:13 am

Not the ideal start.

Made some real poor decisions. The grubber to no one on the 3rd was a doozie. But I have seen other club halves do it.

May not see him back in FG again.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:06 am

FreddyK wrote:
Demps wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Worst debut I can remember in a long long time. Poor kid will be having nightmares. Don’t think we will see him in first grade again this year. For someone his size he should have tucked the ball and just ran. We will have a different team against the titans. Lose that and the season is done.
X2
Sorry to disappoint you lads but he'll be back and perhaps against the Titans .... your bias is so over the top that it has become silly ....
If he is named against the Titans, we can kiss the season goodbye.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:11 am

He's a reserve grader. If he was partnering Thurston or even N Cleary he'd get away with it. But poor old Luke Brooks can't carry plodded. I'd rather see Mbye there next game if Reynolds is still unavailable.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:22 am

Milky wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 6:36 am
Poor kid.

Would definitely give him another go if required. Nerves would have had the best of him.

He really needs to get the ‘benji’ out of his game tho. Kicking on the 3rd...to himself? multiple times????
I don't think he was nervous.
I like the fact he tried things off his own bat... Shows confidence just lacking execution.
He may have felt lonely out there Brooks didn't/couldnt seem to help him.
Junior development isn't about dumping rookies after the team gets 40+ put on them... It's about learning, gaining confidence, experience and getting up to 1st grade fitness level

JCf82: I wouldn't call his form in reggies "amazing"

I think the extremely high level of constantly hyping him up from a few on here may have led some to have high expectations on him. I mentioned some time ago these people are just putting pressure on him... They don't learn

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:28 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:22 am
Milky wrote:
Poor kid.

I like the fact he tried things off his own bat... Shows confidence just lacking execution.
Junior development isn't about dumping rookies after the team gets 40+ put on them... It's about learning, gaining confidence, experience and getting up to 1st grade fitness level

I think the extremely high level of constantly hyping him up from a few on here may have led some to have high expectations on him. I mentioned some time ago these people are just putting pressure on him... They don't learn
There were a few touting him as the next messiah
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:28 am

innsaneink wrote:
Milky wrote:
Poor kid.

There were a few touting him as the next messiah
"Quality Stupidity"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:45 am

innsaneink wrote:
Milky wrote:
Poor kid.

Its obvious his supporters have a personal relationship with him. You simply don't take it personally when a player you like cops criticism, unless said player is a family member or close friend. Its childish.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:45 am

FreddyK wrote:
Demps wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
X2
No bias from me mate. Actually touted him as a great prospect and was really looking forward to his debut. However you need to call a spade a spade, that was terrible. Now we know why he was the last of the squad to play first grade. I’m not giving up on him after one game, but he needs alot of development if he is to make an impact in first grade.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 10:10 am

innsaneink wrote:
Milky wrote:
Poor kid.

I think you've pretty much summed it up.

The club wants to talk culture and stand for something, how you treat your rookies should be an important part of that culture.

The 16 other players all played a part yesterday. It's not how you bring a young player into your team.

Ivan needs to go away and work on a plan for him now. Looked a little kick happy, maybe should be sent back and told to run it all day long.
Its an opinion!