**Live game thread**

Geo.

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by Geo. » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:37 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:24 pm
Another rebuild year.....apparently....when we get an NRL side that can attack and defend all in the one season …...please let me know...

I look forward to that.....and a competitive team of deadset first grade footballers.... :pray:
Just let Ivan do his job..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Post by 851 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:38 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:31 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:24 pm
Another rebuild year.....apparently....when we get an NRL side that can attack and defend all in the one season …...please let me know...

I look forward to that.....and a competitive team of deadset first grade footballers.... :pray:
Probably won't be during my lifetime, sadly :cry:
That is it, our supporters make excuses for everything bad that happens, happy with mediocrity, the team usually obliges with crap performances.
We had everything to play for, we were 4 points out of the 8 with 2 winnable games and the bye coming up. We had just come off 2 poor second half performances, which we should have won both games. And we come up with that crap, absolutely mind numbingly inept performances.
Go hard or go home

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:40 pm

It's hard not to be despondent after seeing the same thing happen again. You'd deadset think Canberra were Brisbane circa 1993. 0-44 in the last hour. At home. If they got to place us more often they'd be guaranteed minor premiers every year. They must think it's all a giggle. Where's the pride from our lot?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:40 pm

Every random pass Canberra threw was hitting. It was circus football and they do that occasionally. That being said, we helped them by waiting for them to come to us. We had no defensive linespeed and were giving them ample time to come forward where our players were just grabbing them and letting them offload at will. Once they got on the front foot from second phase they just rolled forward and started throwing long passes and smashing us on the fringes where Aloiai and Rochow were defending. Firsts things first, both of those guys are out of the side. They were atrocious.

Because they were playing side to side and had us shot to pieces pretty much the entire second half random players were defending all across the line which threw out all of our defensive patterns. It also tired us out completely. Guys like Twal and Eisenhuth just had nothing left at the end and couldn't contribute.

The fact that Fonua and Lawrence both went down exposed that side of the field entirely. The defensive systems that have helped Brooks improve were gone within 5 minutes. That's almost forgiveable.

The blame imo must fall on the experienced forwards that didn't manage to pick the Tigers up when Lawrence went down. Packer, Matulino and Taylor should have been able to steel them. They are three very experienced New Zealand rep forwards. There is no way guys like Liam Knight and Elliot Whitehead should be treating them like chumps but they did.

That being said, Canberra were simply amazing in that second half. They clicked. They slayed us. They didn't give us barely a single chance. We just helped them along.

Not a good loss but at least Cleary knows now that this team don't have much under the hood. I'd say we've been winning up until now because of the systems not the players. As soon as we lost two key members of the system we got obliterated.

Don't even have to mention that Thompson just can't tackle these guys in open field because he shouldn't really have to, but he has to be able to when he has to and he can't.

So! The scapegoats? I don't think it's a good idea to only pick one or two. I think he needs to take a scythe to the team to make a point.

Rochow - Out, no question.
Thompson - Back to the wing. Mbye straight in.
Packer - To the bench.
Taylor - Stint in reggies.
Grant - Out of the side and on the XPT to Newcastle tomorrow.
Aloiai - Back to reggies.
McIlwrick - Back to reggies.
Fonua - Looks to be a broken arm so he's out.
Lawrence - I think he'll be ok.
Matulino - By the skin of his teeth stays in the side.

Making the next side.

1. Mbye
2. MWZ
3. Marsters
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Garner (via upgrading his contract)
13. Eisenhuth

14. Packer
15. Felise
16. McQueen
17. Gamble

18. Sue
19. Sironen
20. Chee Kam
21. Taylor

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:44 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:40 pm
Every random pass Canberra threw was hitting. It was circus football and they do that occasionally. That being said, we helped them by waiting for them to come to us. We had no defensive linespeed and were giving them ample time to come forward where our players were just grabbing them and letting them offload at will. Once they got on the front foot from second phase they just rolled forward and started throwing long passes and smashing us on the fringes where Aloiai and Rochow were defending. Firsts things first, both of those guys are out of the side. They were atrocious.

Because they were playing side to side and had us shot to pieces pretty much the entire second half random players were defending all across the line which threw out all of our defensive patterns. It also tired us out completely. Guys like Twal and Eisenhuth just had nothing left at the end and couldn't contribute.

The fact that Fonua and Lawrence both went down exposed that side of the field entirely. The defensive systems that have helped Brooks improve were gone within 5 minutes. That's almost forgiveable.

The blame imo must fall on the experienced forwards that didn't manage to pick the Tigers up when Lawrence went down. Packer, Matulino and Taylor should have been able to steel them. They are three very experienced New Zealand rep forwards. There is no way guys like Liam Knight and Elliot Whitehead should be treating them like chumps but they did.

That being said, Canberra were simply amazing in that second half. They clicked. They slayed us. They didn't give us barely a single chance. We just helped them along.

Not a good loss but at least Cleary knows now that this team don't have much under the hood. I'd say we've been winning up until now because of the systems not the players. As soon as we lost two key members of the system we got obliterated.

Don't even have to mention that Thompson just can't tackle these guys in open field because he shouldn't really have to, but he has to be able to when he has to and he can't.

So! The scapegoats? I don't think it's a good idea to only pick one or two. I think he needs to take a scythe to the team to make a point.

Rochow - Out, no question.
Thompson - Back to the wing. Mbye straight in.
Packer - To the bench.
Taylor - Stint in reggies.
Grant - Out of the side and on the XPT to Newcastle tomorrow.
Aloiai - Back to reggies.
McIlwrick - Back to reggies.
Fonua - Looks to be a broken arm so he's out.
Lawrence - I think he'll be ok.
Matulino - By the skin of his teeth stays in the side.

Making the next side.

1. Mbye
2. MWZ
3. Marsters
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Garner (via upgrading his contract)
13. Eisenhuth

14. Packer
15. Felise
16. McQueen
17. Gamble

18. Sue
19. Sironen
20. Chee Kam
21. Taylor
Agree with a lot of your points

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:45 pm

Disgrace ill leave it at that!!!

Post by 851 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm

Yossarian wrote:
It's hard not to be despondent after seeing the same thing happen again. You'd deadset think Canberra were Brisbane circa 1993. 0-44 in the last hour. At home. If they got to place us more often they'd be guaranteed minor premiers every year. They must think it's all a giggle. Where's the pride from our lot?
There is no pride Yoss, yet we have plenty making excuses for them, no wonder the players dont have a dig when the heat is on
Go hard or go home

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm
Yossarian wrote:
There is no pride Yoss, yet we have plenty making excuses for them, no wonder the players dont have a dig when the heat is on
Plenty of smiles and man hugs from the boys at fulltime :brick:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Nothing gets under my skin more than seeing our players smiling and high fiving the opposition after they’ve just dogged it like that.
Last edited by tigermac88 on Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 851 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

hobbo wrote:
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Great look Hobbo, not, accountability we need it big time
Go hard or go home

will1999

Post by will1999 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

1. Mbye
2. Nofaluma
3. Marsters
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Liddle
10. Eisenhuh
11. Lawrence
12. Garner
13. Taylor
14. Packer
15. Matulino
16. Felise
17. Aloiai

Aceshigh

Post by Aceshigh » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

I saw Scotty Prince playing in a touch tournament at South Tweed last wk/end , we could do with some of his smart halfback options

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm

There are no other words to describe that other than it was an absolute embarrassment. Forget the top eight for yet another season, bottom four here we come.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:18 pm

Don’t know how any of our players could crack a smile after that.
Maybe they are just playing for the money and don’t give a hoot about the club or the fans.
PS I don’t include Lawrence in that.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:19 pm

Living in Canberra, the Raiders game is always a massive game for me. The 89 GF, the loss in the snow around 2000/2001, and that that year where we had two golden point losses to them, personally I dread playing them. Yes we beat them in a semi, yes we did beat them once by about 40, but the last few years has been atrocious.

I called for them to be forced to run laps of the oval after last year's pathetic performance, finals on the line, and we go to pieces. Well today was even worse. Sure we had injuries, but so what? Where's the passion? Where's the motivation to not let down their mates. An opposition player goes to the bin and again the opposition scores? They let down their fans. It's their livelihood, it's a performance based job and the performance is nowhere near good enough.

2 wins from our last 9. Eels are better than that. Wonder if Moses MBye has actually signed yet, gee I hope so. Would love to make the finals, but even more so, I would love to actually feel that we deserve to make the finals.

A week off? No way, I'd send them to hell and back during that week, and see just who does make it back.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm

hobbo wrote:
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
No, really? I didn't see that. That's pathetic, that's Mitchell Moses-like behaviour, and I don't have any lower insult than that.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:28 pm

TJL wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
There are no other words to describe that other than it was an absolute embarrassment. Forget the top eight for yet another season, bottom four here we come.
Forget it for the next 3 years. That is the minimum we have signed some of the bog average imports we have for

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:28 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
hobbo wrote:
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
No, really? I didn't see that. That's pathetic, that's Mitchell Moses-like behaviour, and I don't have any lower insult than that.
True
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !