Horror show..

yeti

Re: Horror show..

Post by yeti » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:24 pm

Even when we were leading that game well into the first half, the Raiders were pouring up the middle. It was never going to end well. When MM went off injured, it just accelerated what was already inevitable.
That was a shocker and the forwards (Lawrence excepted) need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I have been extremely disappointed in the front rowers the past month.
Very average.
When they were going strong in the early part of the season, the entire team looked pretty good.
But they have fallen away badly.
Need to push the re-set button.

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 2:26 pm

Sully wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 10:45 am
Rochow missed Papalli. It is astounding that he is in the first grade squad as his missed tackles is extremely high for a forward and his effort and executionfor a player his size is poor
He didn't miss him. He just raced up out of the line passed him. Surprised he was in the side in the first place.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 9:17 am

Harvey wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 10:19 am
Wasn't Huth garbage yesterday. How many tackles did he miss?
Made 54 including 1 TRY save... missed 4..

Total miss tackle WT 61
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:32 am

Sully wrote:
Rochow missed Papalli. It is astounding that he is in the first grade squad as his missed tackles is extremely high for a forward and his effort and executionfor a player his size is poor
That is crap. McIlwrick missed Papali, he was the one marking him. If he had made a decent attempt maybe Rochow would have had enough time to come and help, but he didn't. Don't blame Rochow he was marking the next guy.

Mind you - what hooker in the NRL would have stopped Papali 3-4 metres from the line on his own?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:42 am

Outside the Tigers camp and the tigers supporters, 99% of the NRL world had us penciled in for the spoon based on the players we had at our disposal. Okay we will dodge the spoon, but we are in for a hard ride home, really cant see any more than two wins max.

From now on we have to focus or recruitment on either real class or real young up and comers..no more plodders

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:45 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:32 am
Sully wrote:
That is crap. McIlwrick missed Papali, he was the one marking him. If he had made a decent attempt maybe Rochow would have had enough time to come and help, but he didn't. Don't blame Rochow he was marking the next guy.

Mind you - what hooker in the NRL would have stopped Papali 3-4 metres from the line on his own?

That close to the ruck and that close to the line you do not mark up one on one. Particularly when you have Josh Papalli running at our hooker. Rochow should have pushed in. On replay it was such an obvious move. Rochow screwed up.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm

Yet McIlwrick was ball watching

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 1:23 pm

I really liked the team set up for last week. Corey at the back and a few minor tweaks.

Im so glad i missed this game in retrospect. (Went riding on my new motor bike)

The Tigers Wheels fell of it seems. (Pun intended)

Im getting the "Tigers Fluked the early Games" from my mates which it seems is irrefutable based on recent results.

We have a decent run to the end of the season.

9th/ 10th is now my best expectation.