Cleary: "That's not what we're about"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3361
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Re: Cleary: "That's not what we're about"

Post by jadtiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:10 pm

voice of reason wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:01 pm
Calls for Ivan's sacking are a little premature - just emotion speaking.
We've played 15 games and been very competitive in 29 halves - this was the first 40 minutes where we've really be towelled.
There were always going to be lows in the season and that's when the club needs its supporters most. I'm sticking - WT are my team and I'll wear the bad with the good.
Well said


User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12035
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:31 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:56 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:53 pm
I always knew Gus knew what he was doing .

" I still don't know what my best side is " :lol: :lol: Classic!!!!!! Sorry Ivan if you read the Forum ;)
1 flogging you turn what happened... :lol:
I would not slit my wrist if Ivan left put it that way.

You can maybe think that in the back of your mind and have doubts.....but to come out with that ? Nah shocking in my book.
His had a whole Pre Season with this squad , Trial games etc...... :?

How many hookers have we had ? Killa , Liddle , Godinet , Taylor , Reynolds , then been back and forth with Lolohea and Thompson at Fullback , then starts the year with Nofo in Reserve Grade before bringing him back a couple weeks later , Naiqama in and out

Enough said ?

I really don't know anymore , i sort of feel for Mbye.

Thompson and Lawrence have been standouts all year the real positive for the year .

Packer and Reynolds are loving there pay days , pretty sweet to do bugger all and collect about $35,000 Net per Month , life's good why wouldn't you come to us and plodder on.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:32 pm

voice of reason wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:01 pm
Calls for Ivan's sacking are a little premature - just emotion speaking.
We've played 15 games and been very competitive in 29 halves - this was the first 40 minutes where we've really be towelled.
There were always going to be lows in the season and that's when the club needs its supporters most. I'm sticking - WT are my team and I'll wear the bad with the good.
Good post. There were more games we should have won and games i didn't expect us to be in. Other teams have hit their straps and we're not keeping up now.

We were garbage today, and we're on the slide but we're still competing every week for the most part. 40 minutes out of 1200.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40810
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:35 pm

That deserved a tirade from Cleary

I hope Cleary replays Canberra singing their team song in the background about 100 times

They need to be embarrassed , they need to be flogged at training

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:35 pm

voice of reason wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:01 pm
Calls for Ivan's sacking are a little premature - just emotion speaking.
We've played 15 games and been very competitive in 29 halves - this was the first 40 minutes where we've really be towelled.
There were always going to be lows in the season and that's when the club needs its supporters most. I'm sticking - WT are my team and I'll wear the bad with the good.
truly the voice of reason


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:42 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm
He hasn’t helped the situation by opting on a rotation system. Was only a couple weeks ago he said he still didn’t know what his best 17 was. How is that possible halfway into the season.
He doesn't know who to put at hooker or in the second row position occupied by Rochow today. You can see that because it's been those two spots that have been a revolving door of players all year. Probably not quite sold on the composition of the bench either. I think there are question mark positions in most teams and those two happen to be ours. He just said it in a way that can be construed as more than what it really means.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:01 pm

Can't blame the coach for today's result. Only bad loss this year.

Our luck we get Canberra when their 9 returns. He made a huge difference when he came on.

At the start of the week when the team was selected I and many others said that was the best we could have selected given who was available.

We were up at half time. Second half they scored when Laurence was injured and out of the line. We lost MM and Fonua as well to injury.

Players playing out of position, for longer spells due to a lack of rotation and heads dropped.

The team is not yet complete.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm
He hasn’t helped the situation by opting on a rotation system. Was only a couple weeks ago he said he still didn’t know what his best 17 was. How is that possible halfway into the season.
and that is EXACTLY what makes him probably the best coach we have had. It is also what everyone was praising early in the season when we were winning. As Ivan has said many times everyone has to earn their spot in the team and if they are not the best or not putting in enough at training. the best will get the gig and the other will be in reggies. Competition for spots in the team. We were all PRAISING the mantra of competition for spots in the team when we were winning. Now we've lost a few and you are using it as an example of why he cant coach.

Were you paying attention during the Taylor years when Rankin would be picked every week or Kyle Lovett turned out week after week, no matter what? Two weeks ago Tui & Godinet were complete rubbish and were immediately accountable. Hooker and fullback are our biggest problems and he appears to have done something about both of them.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm

palms wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm
Always have been, always will be losers. A club born from failure destined to continue to fail. We have consistently been the worst club in the competition for 19yrs. One can only shake their head.
The most depressing part of this post is that it’s true. Every year is the same... early hope, followed by a mid year slump or end of year fade. At the end of this year, it’ll be 3 out 19 finals appearances. Even the titans have a better record than us (they’ll be 3 out 12).
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:49 pm
I was not a JT fan ,but his career was ruined by bringing Cleary on board, Cleary with the advantage of a blank cheque re recruitment, has not delivered
For 12 months Cleary has been lauded over for doing something JT couldn’t do, attract players. Easy to do when you have an open chequebook and your predecessor had a bag of rocks. Let’s not forget Potter either. Another coach who got dudded with a terrible cap. Pay is going through the same situation at the Dogs.
Thats what ive been saying for ages ....cleary and his team had more money to spend than any other coach we've had...at the time i smelt a panic buy to appease the critics....as i thought at the time most of the buys have obviously just came here for their over inflated pay cheques....the worry is most of these hacks were signed to long term contracts....i can see us being in the same poo as the dogs....a team of plodders that you cant afford to get rid of
That’s the smell of Josh Reynolds. I don’t think he was the worst signing, but his signing wreaked of panic... they were so desperate for some positive press.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:04 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:56 pm
Packer sounded very emotional in the presser. At least the passion is still there
Shame he was just standing to the side after Canberra scored and wasn’t trying to get the team refocused. We really need to choose a captain and stick to it. Games like today are completely unacceptable.
Getting teary because he tried to hit a Raider's player with his handbag and missed? Give me a break, get emotional about great wins, not this garbage.

voice of reason
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by voice of reason » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:15 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:42 pm
He doesn't know who to put at hooker or in the second row position occupied by Rochow today. You can see that because it's been those two spots that have been a revolving door of players all year.
Rochow started the year well but has fallen away badly. His greatest attribute is he plays - mostly - for 80 minutes. My hope would be if Farah came back he would take on some of the defensive load and we could replace Rochow with Sue or Garner. Rochow, for a fairly big body, misses a lot of tackles and offers very little in attack.
I'll also be glad to see Noffo back making some dirty metres off our line. I think the past few weeks when we've leaked points down the right edge dispels the myth that our right edge defensive issues are isolated to the winger. It could be that tightening up the middle by replacing Rochow might help our edge defence.
Suffering supporter since 1967

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:49 pm
I was not a JT fan ,but his career was ruined by bringing Cleary on board, Cleary with the advantage of a blank cheque re recruitment, has not delivered
For 12 months Cleary has been lauded over for doing something JT couldn’t do, attract players. Easy to do when you have an open chequebook and your predecessor had a bag of rocks. Let’s not forget Potter either. Another coach who got dudded with a terrible cap. Pay is going through the same situation at the Dogs.
Yeah, but that truth has never suited the narrative for many, but they may have consider accepting reality if Cleary is going to be their next target.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:46 pm

Cleary has to be judged on the body of work. We have won 7 games and lost 8.
We have played the Storm twice, Roosters twice, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Warriors.
I count 8 games we have no business winning. When you balance it out we have beaten some teams we shouldn’t have beat and lost to others we should have beaten Eels, Knights.

We have been playing with 1m+ under the cap and 27/30 spots for most of the year. Couple this with Reynolds, Liddle, Packer, Marshall missing for games and we are outperforming.

The worrying thing is the trend we have to end the season well even if we miss the finals we need to win 4-5 of our last 9 games to at least make some real progress.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:48 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:46 pm
Cleary has to be judged on the body of work. We have won 7 games and lost 8.
We have played the Storm twice, Roosters twice, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Warriors.
I count 8 games we have no business winning. When you balance it out we have beaten some teams we shouldn’t have beat and lost to others we should have beaten Eels, Knights.

We have been playing with 1m+ under the cap and 27/30 spots for most of the year. Couple this with Reynolds, Liddle, Packer, Marshall missing for games and we are outperforming.

The worrying thing is the trend we have to end the season well even if we miss the finals we need to win 4-5 of our last 9 games to at least make some real progress.
This!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:46 pm
Cleary has to be judged on the body of work. We have won 7 games and lost 8.
We have played the Storm twice, Roosters twice, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Warriors.
I count 8 games we have no business winning. When you balance it out we have beaten some teams we shouldn’t have beat and lost to others we should have beaten Eels, Knights.

We have been playing with 1m+ under the cap and 27/30 spots for most of the year. Couple this with Reynolds, Liddle, Packer, Marshall missing for games and we are outperforming.

The worrying thing is the trend we have to end the season well even if we miss the finals we need to win 4-5 of our last 9 games to at least make some real progress.
And in our run home, we play the top 2 teams (Rabbits and Dragons) twice each. Not looking forward to those games at the moment.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:03 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:01 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:46 pm
Cleary has to be judged on the body of work. We have won 7 games and lost 8.
We have played the Storm twice, Roosters twice, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Warriors.
I count 8 games we have no business winning. When you balance it out we have beaten some teams we shouldn’t have beat and lost to others we should have beaten Eels, Knights.

We have been playing with 1m+ under the cap and 27/30 spots for most of the year. Couple this with Reynolds, Liddle, Packer, Marshall missing for games and we are outperforming.

The worrying thing is the trend we have to end the season well even if we miss the finals we need to win 4-5 of our last 9 games to at least make some real progress.
And in our run home, we play the top 2 teams (Rabbits and Dragons) twice each. Not looking forward to those games at the moment.
Our strength of schedule has to be the worst I can remember we do play Manly, Dogs, Knights and Titans but we are probably a better chance of beating the Rabbits or Dragons given our history against lesser opposition.

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1073
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:28 am

Shocking SH could ruin our season but were not done yet.
Truth is even though Mcillrick is not a great 9 we asked questions in attack till he got injured and replaced trying to stop Papali scoring. And we lost Lawrence and Fanuoa and tries were scored within moments as well . On top of this Gamble went ok but it ain't doing Brooks much good with a near 5/8 every week.
The question now is. With Mbye ,Farah, Reynolds and Benji can this be turned around?

Post Reply