If we don't win this...

MGB

Re: If we don't win this...

Post by MGB » Tue 25 May, 2010 2:53 pm

I think we will lose and by a fair margin, I truly hate to say.
I can see line breaks galore around the middle of the park from inside balls and plenty of offloads leading to a mountain of second phase play. I'm sure yet again we are about to witness a very light bench that wont help at all.
I really hope we don't let them get to a lead as I suspect morale is still quite low, regardless of what Sheens say's there was plenty to notice in the body language of our 5/8 last Friday night. Even my wife who knows nothing about the Tigers turned to me and said he looks like he wants to tell him to get the hell of him when Farah jumped on Marshall's back after that late try.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 26 May, 2010 8:01 am

Warriors beat Souths and we got rag dolled against Souths,wet track and we are a team that struggles to put back to back wins together. So if I was a betting man I would be leaning towards the Warriors.

The one thing in our favor, the warriors are the only team that is more inconsistent than us. I really think we needed a hard fast track to be a big chance anyway IMO not impossible but unlikley

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 26 May, 2010 12:00 pm

MGB wrote:I think we will lose and by a fair margin, I truly hate to say.
You made a similar prediction before the Knights' game.
Hope you're as accurate this week as you were last week...

MGB

Post by MGB » Wed 26 May, 2010 12:50 pm

Yossarian wrote:
MGB wrote:I think we will lose and by a fair margin, I truly hate to say.
You made a similar prediction before the Knights' game.
Hope you're as accurate this week as you were last week...
ha yeah me too, I get no pleasure from thinking the team is in real trouble.
There are some worrying signs in my opinion and a team with some size and flair may really test our attitude in defence. Hope I am wrong.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 26 May, 2010 1:03 pm

I did make the same prediction last week and I think we were very unimpressive beating a knight side minus their three top shelve players. Now to beat the warriors on a wet track is a big step up in class from our last outing. The extra couple of days turnaround could give us a advantage but the wet track is like heaven to them. If you go on form,history,playing conditions most things point to them. Also we have a poor no1, inexperienced no7 and short of troops in the frontrow,key positions on a heavy track.

tigh

Post by tigh » Sat 29 May, 2010 12:05 pm

tigh wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:If the Fonz does not pick a complete bench of forwards, they will put 30 on us easily.

We need complete rotation of blokes who are gonna tuck the ball under their arm and hit it up at a zillion miles an hour and do the hard yakka.

If not, they will absolutely flog us.

Our worst enemy leading into this game may well again be Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens. As per usual.

We definately need four big blokes on the bench. We can't keep carrying wingers who play 3 minutes.

It is a must win game as it is a home game. We really need to win all of our remaining home games this year to be a chance of finals. This should be a little easier in that all remaining home games are Campbelltown and Leichhardt.
That's rubbish. The Warriors love big boof heads trying to run hard at them - they will match it with a side (ala Souths) who tries to do that to them. But when a team gets off-loads, changes of direction, lateral ball movement with players coming through giving the ball runner options - the big Warriors defenders struggle. Running the ball into their brick wall will see us lose by 30! We need to kick early in our own half and play the game in their territory - they seem to make plenty of errors bringing the ball out when under pressure. We need 2 or 3 hit-ups up the middle and on the edge of the ruck, then spreading it wide with players in motion that will put their often lazy side-ways defense in two minds. If we can do this in attack - we need a strong up and in defense on them to put them under pressure.

I'm quietly confident if we turn up to play footy, we will put them away.

:lol:

Gotta love the doom sayers......

Face it BB your :deadhorse:

All the while, the majority of us actually tell it like it is, without letting our petty prejudices and personal bias get int he way of our posts.

Please, bring the same petty negaive bias posts to next weeks game - that way, we might put 60 on them :wahoo:

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 12:23 pm

Yep BB has his biases just like Sheens. Its funny how similar the two blokes are.

tigh

Post by tigh » Sat 29 May, 2010 2:14 pm

southerntiger wrote:Yep BB has his biases just like Sheens. Its funny how similar the two blokes are.
Ridiculous statement. One has made up a burning effigy and calls for the coaches head week after week after week. The other makes decisions (alot of which I disagree with) based on knowledge of the facts, based on consultation with his 'team of experts', based on discussions with his leadership team, based on being in the inner sanctum of the organisation - rather than petty name calling and opinion based on nothing other than being a 'fan'. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with selections (and I'd be very worried if everyone agreed with everything Sheens did), to state that he has biases, without ever speaking with the man on the matter, without any knowledge of the reasons or facts behind certain decisions, simply shows a lack of subjectiveness - and dare I say - bias!

To suggest that Sheens makes his decisions for any other reason other than that he wants to win a footy game, is ridiculous. He may favour, or bias, a certain selection - no doubt. But to suggest this is for any other reason than to help us win (such as BB's post after post after post seem to do), is just plain dumb!