Congrats Fitzy

southerntiger

Re: Congrats Fitzy

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 2:32 am

Bon I forgot about Fitzy's sensational grubbers. They were actually very good and it was one of our few attacking options at the time.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 2:54 am

fitzy best game so far this season. wouldnt of minded to see him be tested under the highball a bit more though

mikey

Post by mikey » Sat 29 May, 2010 6:49 am

Fitz played well. He may not be a star or the world's best player but he did very well last night. Sadly, certain people have trouble admitting their precious opinions are wrong at times. Grow up little boys, grow up.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 29 May, 2010 7:18 am

mikey wrote:Fitz played well. He may not be a star or the world's best player but he did very well last night. Sadly, certain people have trouble admitting their precious opinions are wrong at times. Grow up little boys, grow up.
Another real good game from Fitzy.

As for stating he doesn't have skill or speed. Well they actually use his ability to pass and kick the ball at crucial times as well as his speed coming up the middle.

Not a big player but a reasonably quick and skillful player who doesn't make many mistakes (so far) at the back.

I remember him playing fullback at Leichardt years ago and he was real good. Maybe it is his best position.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Sat 29 May, 2010 7:24 am

lol when we loose or are on the back foot he is the worst footballer ever

when we win, its a WELL DONE FITZ and some say they wouldnt be willing to drop him...

personally i think all year he has been pretty safe. and not as bad as people think... he cops unnecessary BS from this forum

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 May, 2010 8:52 am

T-REXX wrote:lol when we loose or are on the back foot he is the worst footballer ever

when we win, its a WELL DONE FITZ and some say they wouldnt be willing to drop him...

personally i think all year he has been pretty safe. and not as bad as people think... he cops unnecessary BS from this forum
Yeah....no middle ground with ol Fitzy, agree with you here 100pc

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 29 May, 2010 8:56 am

southerntiger wrote:Bon I forgot about Fitzy's sensational grubbers. They were actually very good and it was one of our few attacking options at the time.

There was a season there where Fitzy's grubbers into the in-goal were the most successful ive ever seen. John Wilson had a field day with them
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:06 am

during the commentary, in the second half, when Fitzy was running ball from wests-tigers, 10 metre area it was either brad Fittler or Andrew Johns who said, " Daniel Fitzhenry is the type of player that each team likes to have. He gets in and does what's asked of him and happy to play in any position"

this could be Fitzy last season of playing footy, maybe instead of giving him a hard time, sit back and appreciate the effort he puts in each week. he is a much maligned player, who quite honestly does not deserve to be.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:21 am

westTAHger wrote:during the commentary, in the second half, when Fitzy was running ball from wests-tigers, 10 metre area it was either brad Fittler or Andrew Johns who said, " Daniel Fitzhenry is the type of player that each team likes to have. He gets in and does what's asked of him and happy to play in any position"

this could be Fitzy last season of playing footy, maybe instead of giving him a hard time, sit back and appreciate the effort he puts in each week. he is a much maligned player, who quite honestly does not deserve to be.
The only time the criticism has been deserved was when he was playing in the halves and even then it was over the top.

Personally I don't think he should be in the starting side simply because I think we need a real damaging back 3 players and he isn't suited to centre or the halves. He would make a good benchie because he can get into dummy half and can play any of those back three positions.

He does however do the job and has been safer and maybe more damaging than both Moltzen and Ryan at fullback.

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:26 am

He did play well last night....credit where credit is due.

He was safe under the high ball and generally played well. It's probably not his choice to play fullback, but he's handling it well.

I don't think anyone can doubt his passion for the Wests Tigers........

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:39 am

Top stuff Fitzy!!!
I've got to say before he went to pommy land i was a massive Fitzy basher and don't get me wrong i still would prefer it if he someone else filled his spot. When we announced we'd signed him for this season i though WHY!! and i thought maybe he'd be for depth. For some strange reason when he was being picked every week it didn't bother me as much as it used to yes he stifles our attack sometimes but he rarely makes mistakes and most of the time he's solid. I used to close my eyes and get nervous when a kick was heading his way but now i don't feel it.
Your killing it Fitzy keep it up champ.
Last edited by TIGER on Sat 29 May, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:40 am

Gotta give Fitzy credit...he played really well last night...when we are at full strength his position is no 14!..he can cover so many positions off the bench!..Well done Fitzy!

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:47 am

I encourage all Fitzy bashers to post in this thread. It's easy to bag him when he's not so flash but you can at least admit and also praise him when he has a good game. C'mon we know you want to.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:03 am

TIGER wrote:I encourage all Fitzy bashers to post in this thread. It's easy to bag him when he's not so flash but you can at least admit and also praise him when he has a good game. C'mon we know you want to.
They wont!

Swannie47

Post by Swannie47 » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:15 am

TIGER wrote:I encourage all Fitzy bashers to post in this thread. It's easy to bag him when he's not so flash but you can at least admit and also praise him when he has a good game. C'mon we know you want to.
They enjoy the anonymous sniping. This type of thread would be no fun for them.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:27 am

Does any-one think Mckinnon might have trouble making it into the team now?? The best thing about Fitz is he puts in every week, puts his body on the line and is a team player. May not be the most talented but to me he has earnt his spot in the team after the last couple of weeks but where he plays i dont know... Any way i was not impressed with him being in the team but am happy to have egg on my face i wish he would read this thread..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:35 am

Very much enjoyed watching him last night. As I said last week, I'd prefer him at fullback every week if he is going to be safe and offer good defence.

I'll be one happy fella if you continue to prove me wrong Fitzy.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:46 am

He had a decent game i.e. he didnt drop the ball. That seems to be the relevant standard for Daniel.